JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I'm getting this sinking feeling that it's not gonna make it in 2020. Took a gamble by switching to a Machdrop FE (from my original Premium AWD ER) in large part to get it in 2020 for the extra $1500 CO tax credit. Seemed to be an easy choice when the FE was only a $1600 upgrade (-$1500 tax credit being a net difference of just +$100).

Then it changed to a $3600 upgrade, and now the $1500 tax credit is in serious doubt too. I wouldn't have spent a net +$3600 to upgrade from Premium to FE. Oh well, I knew I was taking a gamble. Still a chance for 2020, but I'm thinking less than 50-50 odds now. They appear to be mixing more models in with the FEs to spread them out, and I betcha our MachDrops will be at the end of the (NA) FEs.

Still hoping these Dec FE build dates we're hearing are just placeholders, and that trutolife27's info about them trying to get the FEs done in the first 3 weeks of MP2. And that MP2 still starts Oct 26. That would finish the (NA) FEs by mid-Nov.
It just sucks -
Perhaps for the additional 3600$ Ford is going to deliver them later than some selects even in January - just poor planning and importantly poor communication from Ford . Not sure why they had MachDrop for FEs in Red and Grey , they could just done those extra orders as Premium AWD large battery versions and saved us $3600 . The implicit assumption the machDrop program carried was either unique color Blue or earlier delivery so that there is something special about FE. No point in delivering them later for $3600 extra dollars.
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Taking a half full look at ChasingCoral's numbers, the dates that came out align with the last three weeks of MP2 but importantly after OKTB. Maybe there's hope that cars built after OKTB will start shipping right away? If not right away, at least with or immediately after the flood of presumably FCTP's that will have built up between now and OKTB. I do remember there's information that says FCTP's ship before retail though.

It doesn't explain why so many non-FE's are ahead of FE's and the questionable priority of timestamp, but maybe there's something to them being "first" customer built cars?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My best guess is at https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-46715

The important determinants are what was your reservation number (or date) and when did you convert to an order?
Although for those of us with higher numbers that doesn't really help us very much to determine when we might actually see the car. With the non sequential ordering system I don't have any idea how many people are in front of me in line. I appreciate all the work that goes into that guesstimate, but I wish Ford would give some type of timeline to people who have placed an order.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Taking a half full look at ChasingCoral's numbers, the dates that came out align with the last three weeks of MP2 but importantly after OKTB. Maybe there's hope that cars built after OKTB will start shipping right away? If not right away, at least with or immediately after the flood of presumably FCTP's that will have built up between now and OKTB. I do remember there's information that says FCTP's ship before retail though.

It doesn't explain why so many non-FE's are ahead of FE's and the questionable priority of timestamp, but maybe there's something to them being "first" customer built cars?
Remember, I never predicted any order within what comes out in batches. The other thing that appears to have happened is they are keeping a certain number of EU cars, at least those for the Netherlands, in the 2020 production runs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Although for those of us with higher numbers that doesn't really help us very much to determine when we might actually see the car. With the non sequential ordering system I don't have any idea how many people are in front of me in line. I appreciate all the work that goes into that guesstimate, but I wish Ford would give some type of timeline to people who have placed an order.
Have you received a build date yet?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It is really looking less likely that no more than a few people, if that, will get 2020 deliveries. Sounds like everything has basically shifted 4-6 weeks forward. Even GT order conversion dates have moved well into 2021 now.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I reserved a Premium AWD SR in December and converted to an order on 6/27. My res/order number is 31xxx. Since my build isn't scheduled yet, I would guess that a January build is the best I can hope for. But it could very well be into February or March.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It is really looking less likely that no more than a few people, if that, will get 2020 deliveries. Sounds like everything has basically shifted 4-6 weeks forward. Even GT order conversion dates have moved well into 2021 now.
How long from build week to delivery? I would think those November build dates should get delivered in 2020 and maybe some of those in that first week of December have a shot-No?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Have you received a build date yet?
Nope I've gotten almost no communication from Ford or my dealer since the reservation was converted to an order outside of Ford emailing about the price cut.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
How long from build week to delivery? I would think those November build dates should get delivered in 2020 and maybe some of those in that first week of December have a shot-No?
My only experience with something similar from Lincoln, was also a brand new hybrid model pre-order, also built in Mexico, and there was a red tape wait of at least a month after it went to the parking lot. EPA, testing, final certification, etc. Then the slow train ride to the east coast. I can't see how this will be much different.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No point in delivering them later for $3600 extra dollars.
Exactly. That was my entire reason for switching to a MachDrop FE (to get it in 2020, for the $1500 state tax credit). Simply getting it a few months ahead of my original Premium is worth a little too, but not +$3600.

At this moment I'm wishing I had just stuck with my Premium order now. I'm not even entirely sure my Machdrop FE will show up before my original Premium would have.

I've never been entirely sure all FEs would come before any others though. In fact I kinda suspected FEs and Premiums might be mixed in the first month. And we've never been entirely sure whether Machdrop FEs would be treated the same as the rest of the FEs. I don't think we even got solid confirmation that they wouldn't just get built by order date (i.e. after thousands of non-FEs ahead of them). Seems unlikely, but nothing is really known for sure.

But not much choice now. Too late to switch back to Premium and save the $3600. Just gotta cross our fingers and hope they show up in Dec to make it worth the switch from Premium. If not, oh well, lost gamble. Still gonna be a great car either way, just not as good of a deal.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
But not much choice now. Too late to switch back to Premium and save the $3600. Just gotta cross our fingers and hope they show up in Dec to make it worth the switch from Premium. If not, oh well, lost gamble. Still gonna be a great car either way, just not as good of a deal.
Yeah, called my dealer and asked him if I could back down to the premium. Don't have high hopes but figured it was worth a gamble
Sponsored