grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My opinion is that I think you are going a little bit dramatic.
1. Buying a car based on tax implications is your issue not ford. The reality is the tax incentives should be a BONUS and not THE reason to buy the car

2. yes ford could have handled communications better but let’s put this into perspective. Covid created a havoc of unforeseen issues. Not just local like employee safety but suppliers as well. Fords main concern was developing a NEW concept and getting it to market while ICE production cratered and expenses going through the roof. It is easy to be a recliner CEO. It is different from being the one responsible for it all. Ford did what I think is the only thing they could do. They turned a blind eye and let people leak information. It is effective and allows them to focus on what matters.

3. it was your choice from the moment the reveal was over to jump on the bandwagon and choose your trim and battery level. If you took your time or changed your mind then that is on you and not ford.

4. in short you are blaming Ford for what you decided/not decided to do. Technically I decided in July to buy a second MME. I-tried to upgrade it to an FE as I have major clout with the dealership. Guess what??? NO DEAL. Ok I have to live with my screw up in not ordering two simultaneously. Do I blame Ford? NO. Do I wish there was a way that if my dealership has a canceled order on an FE I could get it?? Sure but they told me that all cars are spoken for and that those declined go back to Ford. In short the dealer has zero say so. Ok. I get it. My issue. Oh well. I will likely not see it until sometime in 2021. Oh well that is also my issue. I
May have clout with one of the largest dealers in the country but they and I have ZERO clout with Ford on the MME.

so stop complaining g and either man/woman up and accept responsibility or cancel your order and go somewhere else.
Ouch !!!!. But I must agree. Here in the UK we get £3000 grant if car is under £50,000. The RWD ER I have on order is £49,980. BEV don't pay road tax but all that could end with a click of the Chancellors/Department of Transports fingers. My point. I have worked out my repayments not including these incentives and I can still afford the car. If I was to rely on incentives and grants etc and they were suddenly pulled then I wouldn't be able to afford the car
Sponsored

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Who from Ford told you that you would get the first edition trim in 2020? Or was that a "gamble" you chose to make based on an assumption, and now you're unhappy with the results of that gamble? Since it is a capitalist economy in a (currently) free democracy, you are free to cancel the FE and/or the premium.
Yes, I took a gamble. Yes, we live in a capitalist society. My point was the lack of communication is wearing on me.

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Yes, I took a gamble. Yes, we live in a capitalist society. My point was the lack of communication is wearing on me.
Totally agree. This is about communication. With the customers, with the dealers. I am sure the readers and contributors to this form are mature enough to understand that we are in a fluid situation this year and things happen. With that said, all the speculation and misinformation has created a lot of angst and unnecessary negativity. Most would agree that daily play by play input is not necessary but an occasional official update from Ford would go a long way in building customer confidence and trust in the company and its products. My opinion...

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Who from Ford told you that you would get the first edition trim in 2020? Or was that a "gamble" you chose to make based on an assumption, and now you're unhappy with the results of that gamble? Since it is a capitalist economy in a (currently) free democracy, you are free to cancel the FE and/or the premium.
Jerry, he is the one that always wears that stupid pink bow tie

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
It's actually slightly worse than that for us, because the $100 and $200 are a surcharge on top of the registration fee: State of Ohio BMV

My total this year, including the relatively small upcharges for a personalized plate and a special interest plate, was $331.42. Last year was "only" $129.91.

Of course, given that the car will be $60,000 before sales tax, it's kind of tough to complain about $200 with a straight face. It hurts a lot more on the Fusion Energi.
Yeah, I forgot it was extra. I wrote an email to DeWine about it in regards to the Energi three months ago but I guess he has more important things to worry about, and my local legislators, well, let’s just say we’re not on the best of terms right now.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Totally agree. This is about communication. With the customers, with the dealers. I am sure the readers and contributors to this form are mature enough to understand that we are in a fluid situation this year and things happen. With that said, all the speculation and misinformation has created a lot of angst and unnecessary negativity. Most would agree that daily play by play input is not necessary but an occasional official update from Ford would go a long way in building customer confidence and trust in the company and its products. My opinion...
Yeah, communication is always great, but guess what: Ford officially told us that deliveries would start at winter 2020-2021, which is exactly what we are getting. And they even told us that last November when the MME was announced, before the world went to hell. It is simply amazing that they are still able to stick to that estimate, even during a time when most of the world has been shut down for several months or more. What has Ford officially done wrong? I understand that we have heard validated information on these forums (which is fantastic!!), but we can't hold Ford accountable for information that they have not officially released.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Much of the information you’ve provided in the last few months has been top-notch, and we’re all truly grateful. However, your defense of Ford is lacking in one main area that has NOTHING to do with COVID - communication. Many of our issues and questions could have easily been addressed with timely emails explaining decisions, processes, timelines, and just regular updates in general. Instead, they leave people floundering and left to come up with answers ourselves—Which causes further debate. Yes, they’ve done a good job with explaining car features, how the car was designed, etc...but that’s not our question. The questions we have surrounding logistics, no one has even bothered to address. Don’t talk to me about “what other companies have done with their rollouts”. Ford shouldn’t be on par with other companies, the aim should be to surpass them. Again, this is all in their control, yet they have failed. If they communicated with us, at least we would have been able to understand. In the age of rapid global communication, Ford needs to comprehend that we want information on a more rapid basis.

What was ever promised to anyone by ford here right now on the mache that has not been delivered? When you order the mache it gets a build date you get an email. when on its way they will let you know.
Logistics is none of anyone's concerns. When I order a box of crayons for my kids do I worry, well what's the logistics. When you order who tells you the logistics? maybe we need a ford mache tracker like papa johns pizza. Really come on. They can't get into that because that can change at a minute's notice.

What you have is people wanting and trying to figure out info. Ford is not out here promising you anything than saying no then yes.
Available Starting Late 2020 is what was promised before covid. And as long as a shipment makes it this year to be sold then they upheld their end.
It is a brand new vehicle. Everyone can wait tell one is on the lot to go and test drive and find out about it research it then makes a decision and order one. Well, then you have to wait on your mache. It is a chance you take with anything you try to buy that is a new product and in high demand.

Phones, electronics, even new food. Do I get to go damn you taco bell for making a brand new taco and not letting more info out first and allowing me to try it first. Now it gave me the shits and I'm mad.

About the other companies roll out, well you're right.....they are not delaying like the rest. Good point, glad ford didn't push things back as the others did. Amazing job ford sounds like dave thinks so too. Pat yourself on the back.

It is more people wanting to know each and all the tidbits of anything going on. A company cant say each and every little thing, as things change and happen rapidly in the world.

The number of messages I get in my inbox dear lord, I try to address as much as I can. And I understand you said it's not me but ford. To me, this was so easy a process. Did I have to go to a dealer to order no? Put the order in got the email.
Got an email when it will be built. when it arrives I get another email. So simple no back and forth. Now if I'm scared I might not like the mache then I need to put on my big boy pants and decide to wait till it's on the lot to test drive.

This is a forum, all it is about is debate, talking, questions, what-ifs. The mache could come out and be a big pile of junk. It could come out and be great. I don't know, no one knows. Everything we buy is the chance we take.

Really, people, I mean really what is so delayed or wrong that is so bad? You want them to rush it out and send out a bad product to be fixed later? You need to know each and everything process about it.

Bill handmedowns is putting the fluid into your reservoir today at 11:22am. Toddbighandswillams just finished putting in the rear taillights at 12:42 pm. todd has a steak taco for lunch right before he put them in. Yes, we made sure todd washed the grease off his hands from the taco before putting them in. Pushmybuttonjolt just finished installing the start button at 1:57pm.

Everyone in the world keeps saying I just want to order a car let me know when it's ready and then i just go and pick it up. They wanted less info about buying a car. Now they are switching to it and people are not happy?

Many of our issues and questions could have easily been addressed with timely emails explaining decisions, processes, timelines, and just regular updates in general.

You order the mache it, fords website lets you know when and how. There is nothing more that they promised from the start that has changed. The fact of the matter is most people are just worried about buying a car they have not seen or missing out on tax credits this year.
I would say that is 90% of the people's gripes.
No where did it say everyone would get it this year. No where did it say when you order that was your spot in line to get built.

What you have is people thinking things are done a certain way then when they are not they get mad and rant. Again if anyone is worried, then wait and test drive it then order. They cant tell each and every process and timelines because there are so many players involved it changes each day all the time. SO info put out one day could be wrong the next.

Our expectations as a county sometimes are so out of control it's like spoiled kids. And that is not with just ford but with buying things in general. When covid hit and there was not certain items on the self people lost their damn mind. Over toilet paper really.

I myself like the simpleness of it. I looked up about the product, I configured the product, I ordered it, they let me know when it's here, I go buy it. Simple no drama, no wife drama lol.
I go on about my day. This is not a car already made or been made. This is not a car on dealers lots.

Last edited:

JochemvRaak

First Name
Jochem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Kadjar
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
What was ever promised to anyone by ford here right now on the mache that has not been delivered? When you order the mache it gets a build date you get an email. when on its way they will let you know.
Logistics is none of anyone's concerns. When I order a box of crayons for my kids do I worry, well what's the logistics. When you order who tells you the logistics? maybe we need a ford mache tracker like papa johns pizza. Really come on. They can't get into that because that can change at a minute's notice.

What you have is people wanting and trying to figure out info. Ford is not out here promising you anything than saying no then yes.
Available Starting Late 2020 is what was promised before covid. And as long as a shipment makes it this year to be sold then they upheld their end.
It is a brand new vehicle. Everyone can wait tell one is on the lot to go and test drive and find out about it research it then makes a decision and order one. Well, then you have to wait on your mache. It is a chance you take with anything you try to buy that is a new product and in high demand.

Phones, electronics, even new food. Do I get to go damn you taco bell for making a brand new taco and not letting more info out first and allowing me to try it first. Now it gave me the shits and I'm mad.

About the other companies roll out, well you're right.....they are not delaying like the rest. Good point, glad ford didn't push things back as the others did. Amazing job ford sounds like dave thinks so too. Pat yourself on the back.

It is more people wanting to know each and all the tidbits of anything going on. A company cant say each and every little thing, as things change and happen rapidly in the world.

The number of messages I get in my inbox dear lord, I try to address as much as I can. And I understand you said it's not me but ford. To me, this was so easy a process. Did I have to go to a dealer to order no? Put the order in got the email.
Got an email when it will be built. when it arrives I get another email. So simple no back and forth. Now if I'm scared I might not like the mache then I need to put on my big boy pants and decide to wait till it's on the lot to test drive.

This is a forum, all it is about is debate, talking, questions, what-ifs. The mache could come out and be a big pile of junk. It could come out and be great. I don't know, no one knows. Everything we buy is the chance we take.

Really, people, I mean really what is so delayed or wrong that is so bad? You want them to rush it out and send out a bad product to be fixed later? You need to know each and everything process about it.

Bill handmedowns is putting the fluid into your reservoir today at 11:22am. Toddbighandswillams just finished putting in the rear taillights at 12:42 pm. todd has a steak taco for lunch right before he put them in. Yes, we made sure todd washed the grease off his hands from the taco before putting them in. Pushmybuttonjolt just fishing installing the start button at 1:57pm.

Everyone in the world keeps saying I just want to order a car let me know when it's ready and then i just go and pick it up. They wanted less info about buying a car. Now they are switching to it and people are not happy?

Many of our issues and questions could have easily been addressed with timely emails explaining decisions, processes, timelines, and just regular updates in general.

You order the mache it, fords website lets you know when and how. There is nothing more that they promised from the start that has changed. The fact of the matter is most people are just worried about buying a car they have not seen or missing out on tax credits this year.
No where did it say everyone would get it this year. No where did it say when you order that was your spot in line to get built.

What you have is people thinking things are done a certain way then when they are not they get mad and rant. Again if anyone is worried, then wait and test drive it then order. They cant tell each and every process and timelines because there are so many players involved it changes each day all the time. SO info put out one day could be wrong the next.

Our expectations as a county sometimes are so out of control it's like spoiled kids. And that is not with just ford but with buying things in general. When covid hit and there was not certain items on the self people lost their damn mind. Over toilet paper really.

I myself like the simpleness of it. I looked up about the product, I configured the product, I ordered it, they let me know when it's here, I go buy it. Simple no drama, no wife drama lol.
I go on about my day. This is not a car already made or been made. This is not a car on dealers lots.
Amen ? !!

I totally agree, I have fare worse experiences with Car manufacturers before. Yes we all would like to have our cars asap, but in these crazy times I think Ford is doing a tremendous job.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just hope the Mach E doesn’t give me the shits. That’s all. Just no shits. ?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

Bill handmedowns is putting the fluid into your reservoir today at 11:22am. Toddbighandswillams just finished putting in the rear taillights at 12:42 pm. todd has a steak taco for lunch right before he put them in. Yes, we made sure todd washed the grease off his hands from the taco before putting them in. Pushmybuttonjolt just fishing installing the start button at 1:57pm.

OMG that was Awesome!!!! However you forgot to add in when each person used the bathroom and did that time delay a step in the manufacturing aspect.

one thingknown of us mentioned is that Ford is doing a road show. No you cannot drive it BUTTTTTT you get to register for an hour of time to sit in it and play with it and more importantly ask ALL and EVERY question. Yes you MIGHT have to drive up to a max of 100 miles but if you are going to spend say $50,000 and have serious questions then a 90 mi Ute drive on a weekend is worth it.

ford is doing communication about the car. They are giving you and up close and personal time to ask and check things out. You have way more time writing down ALL of your questions ahead of time so that you are properly prepared. If Taco Bell comes out with a new taco they do not give you the time to ask every possible question that you have before ordering. They do not let you make advance reservations so that you can ask how heathy this new taco and it’s components really is or how it will affect your health.

stop complaining and find something better to do with your time. Go to a Tesla store and see if you can count ALL of the patchwork stuff they do and see if the preproduction MME which was likely put together quickly to get it out to dealerships and testing. As such it may not be as perfect in terms of looks. Compare the two and see which you like.Ask every question under the sun to the Tesla people and then ask the same to the ford people. If in doing ALL of that you are still unsure then go to Kia or Chevy and buy one off the lot.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
"Out of curiosity (yeah I know this is an odd question for the Mach-E forums but I'm curious): How is the 2021 F-150 launch going (if you know)? Given that its in Dearborn I would expect it to be humming right along.... "

I monitor this particular forum strictly for insight into Ford as an investment.

I also monitor the main F-150 forum, the F-150 Gen14 forum, and the Edge forum.

For the primary reason that I own those models.

But I can answer the question above. It looks like the F-150 is going OKTB around the middle of November, as shown below.

There are many people as anxious as the members here, to see their trucks built.:)

Now I'm waiting to see not only how smoothly the rollout of both vehicles goes, but
also how the reliability of the new models holds up.

We'll keep our fingers crossed and carry on.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Capture.JPG

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Anyone that has ever served in the military (I’ve been serving for 24 years now) knows the quote: “No plan survives contact with the enemy”. This is what dictates the need to adapt and overcome. Oh...the movie you’re referring to is “Heartbreak Ridge”. Classic!!

I served twenty years in Navy (Submarines). We had several sayings....of which the first is pretty appropriate.

1) "When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."

2) "You can expect what you inspect."

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I served twenty years in Navy (Submarines). We had several sayings....of which the first is pretty appropriate.

1) "When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."

2) "You can expect what you inspect."
I figured the number 1 saying on a submarine would be "don't open the windows"
Sponsored