Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I agree, if Ford were like Tesla we would all have our cars now and be complaining that the bumpers started falling off whenever the car got wet. I would rather wait and have a quality product.
It’d be more than the bumping falling off. We’d end up having the struts sheering due to faulty aluminum metallurgy (“Whompy Wheels”) and missing window seals...
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My concerns are not with people trying to predict when their new car or MME is going to arrive. That's normal (more or less). What concerns me were the unrealistic expectations that were being raised on this forum for quite some time, which has inevitably led to the somewhat more recent ratcheting down of expectations. The quotes about how fast Ford has recovered from this pandemic led people to believe deliveries were going to be substantially normal or at a reasonably acceptable version of pre-pandemic normal.
It does appear now that there was too much hope and optimism. We all wanted it to run smoothly and get out without anymore delays, and nearly all the "updates" suggested just that. It was easy to get caught up in the excitement.

We should have been a bit more pessimistic.

(Also didn't help that Ford dangled this MachDrop fiasco on us which magnified the importance of delivery timing projections. Many people's issues are tied directly to that. Wish they'd never done MachDrop.)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Seems to me if this was Tesla it would be more like:
Projected end of 2020
Oh wait January 2021
Oh wait February 2021
Oh wait March 2021
Um June 2021?
We've built tents!
Hey we delivered a car in August does that count?
Another one in September.
Ok now we've got ten out the door....

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I don’t know the specifics about Cali except BEV cars pay an additional $100 in fees because they use the roads but the money cannot be collected at the pump like every version of ICE can. DMV fees in Cali can be as high as 85% of your monthly car payment. After a few years it drops to roughly 50%. At least that is how mi e seem to go.
Registration for premium Mach E in Cali is going to be over $600 per year. Don't think people paying 200 should have much to complain about haha.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
(Also didn't help that Ford dangled this MachDrop fiasco on us which magnified the importance of delivery timing projections. Many people's issues are tied directly to that. Wish they'd never done MachDrop.)
I'm guessing Ford regrets it, too

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Have any of you stopped to consider that maybe the folks in the Corporate offices are happy to have this forum giving us this information so they have some kind of outlet?
From an email exchange with someone in Dearborn fairly high up in this launch, they are absolutely monitoring theses forums.

I too don’t want this to ever mirror the Tesla Stan forums. I do think there is less of a chance of that . . . I think most of us here are more mature.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
From an email exchange with someone in Dearborn fairly high up in this launch, they are absolutely monitoring theses forums.

I too don’t want this to ever mirror the Tesla Stan forums. I do think there is less of a chance of that . . . I think most of us here are more mature.
I for one am not mature at all. Just old.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Registration for premium Mach E in Cali is going to be over $600 per year. Don't think people paying 200 should have much to complain about haha.
And how much is a similar ICE car? And Ohio incomes are not CA incomes - but yes the cost of living is lower.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Seems to me if this was Tesla it would be more like:
Projected end of 2020
Oh wait January 2021
Oh wait February 2021
Oh wait March 2021
Um June 2021?
We've built tents!
Hey we delivered a car in August does that count?
Another one in September.
Ok now we've got ten out the door....
I heard on a podcast that the cyber truck may not make it out in 2021. If not, many may jump to the E F150 instead.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Hi Bill
No?
Hi Jim
No?
Hau? Kumar? Mark? Dave?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I heard on a podcast that the cyber truck may not make it out in 2021. If not, many may jump to the E F150 instead.
I honestly believe the overlap for potential Cyberfart owners and Electric F-150 owners is very small - and they are all soccer dads.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I honestly believe the overlap for potential Cyberfart owners and Electric F-150 owners is very small - and they are all soccer dads.
Gotta agree here, my bet is the Cybertruck is going to have the lowest percentage use of its truck bed by customers. If there ever was a truck more about image than functionality, the Cybertruck is it.

I don’t want to hate too much, lots of sports cars and off-road vehicles are like this, but Cybertruck seems to take it to the next level for this sort of thing whereas the F150 is a legitimate work truck.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Actually, that brings up something I’ve wondered - I know there’s another forum with a similar name (not sure if it’s permitted to mention “competitors” names ?) I glance in there occasionally, but haven’t joined. I see a couple of familiar names but, to be honest, that place is DEAD. Are there any other forums with this level of activity, or is this where it’s at? Also, what about social media? For reasons too involved to go into, I do not have access to Facebook. I had a Twitter account years ago when I worked for an employer who insisted that all employees get a Twitter account, but I’ve never gotten a personal Twitter account. I don’t have access to Instagram (Facebook).