Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
One advantage the mach-e has is the very limited numbers being produced as 50000 units is nothing, battery supply will be the limiting factor, so there is a good chance there will be plenty of time for quality control.

The explorer was a poor launch, but the Chicago plant doesn't have the best record when it comes to build quality and in a rushed launched and your just asking for problems. Yes there is always the first model year syndrome to take into account, but whenever I take a focus in for service I like to have a nose around the lot and I still see mustangs with panel gaps and alignment issues that would make a tesla owner feel proud lol, so quality control is still just as bad as it was on the 2015's :( so being built later is no guarantee

So unless flag waving is a top priority for people the mach-e being built south of the border should not be an issue as looking at previous models manufactured at the plant all the fiestas I have been in have at least been well screwed together.

Another thing that can help besides the simpler drive train in regards to long term ownership and build quality is that there is a very limited number of options so interior wise we do not have a large delta from the base to fully loaded that can often lead to a huge mish mash of interior parts that all lack felt seperators :( that are then assembled for the desired trim level which can result in poor fit and finish and creaks and rattles further down the line.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I'm just as anxious as all of you, but i do not want my Mach-E to have any of the launch issues that made headlines on the newest Explorer and Aviator. I know the chicago factory was pushed and had allot of challenges to overcome with an all new platform, but still, it was a PR nightmare for Ford and Lincoln and some owners were really disappointed and still others said they'll never buy another FMCo vehicle again. I'd rather have slow and high quality if that's what it takes. Ford had to ship Explorers and Aviators to Michigan right after they came off the assembly line in Chicago to fix numerous issues that could have been avoided. I was on that investor call and while Ford Mgt. gave numerous reasons for the launch problems it was obvious they were very embarrassed over the whole thing. So for me, Do it right the first time even if it takes more time.
Ford has had some good vehicles too without as many issues - they hopefully know how to do it right and are doing it for Mach E.

I had a 2nd year Ford Edge for almost 10 years with no mechanical issues and it was the quietest of all cars I ever had. The only reason I got rid of it after 10 years was due to its Sync system constantly hanging up or resetting several times during driving - SO I think they know how to build it right, they need to apply the same success formula.

If the Mach E build quality is like the Edge it would be really good.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I didn't mean to say the Explorer and Aviator are inferior quality, only to point out that it's not bad for an automaker to take the necessary time to launch correctly with quality not quantity as the standard.

The Explorer is back to its number one seller in the 3 row SUV segment as discussed here: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4370878-fords-stealth-2020-success-explorer

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Looks like Dearborn just sent Theog to hand carry a top secret package to Cuautitlan for someone's Mustang Mach-E.

Check out the three most recent photos on his profile:

https://instagram.com/theog.ho?igshid=11165wbwknxgd

It's a whole different type of #MachDrop.
New photo -- turns out my suspicions were confirmed. Now we're just awaiting on airport insiders to upload the X-ray results to us.

From Theog:

Finally delivered the special Mach-E package, 3 hours later than planned, after two hours of airplane computer errors and lightning, a one hour search by customs, and an uber ride through ridiculous cdmx traffic and roads.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 118309030_127433442051015_3450540745602620850_n

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
New photo -- turns out my suspicions were confirmed. Now we're just awaiting on airport insiders to upload the X-ray results to us.

From Theog:

Let me guess: After the #MachDrop, they needed more Diamond Alloy Instrument Panel Appliqués ?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Let me guess: After the #MachDrop, they needed more Diamond Alloy Instrument Panel Appliqués ?
That's a very reasonable guess!! Would Theog's customs declaration say "jewelry"?

Or maybe the SYNC 4A OTA update is in that box?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That's a very reasonable guess!! Would Theog's customs declaration say "jewelry"?

Or maybe the SYNC 4A OTA update is in that box?
OTA="On the Airplane"

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag

From Theog:

Finally delivered the special Mach-E package, 3 hours later than planned, after two hours of airplane computer errors and lightning, a one hour search by customs, and an uber ride through ridiculous cdmx traffic and roads.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 118309030_127433442051015_3450540745602620850_n
Must be the box of fake engine sound ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, that's a lot of chargers. 40 in that shot, I think. 10 stands and it appears there's 4 chargers each (all 4 corners).