Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lol thats not a Quebec thing, thats a Pickup driver thing
Being in trucks for over 30 years I resemble that comment. Can't back out? Throw it in 4x4, D, across the grass and your out . See no real problem with the parking lot except wear and tear on the concrete curb ;).

What sometimes happens is the codes/by-laws require so many parking spots in developments, this is always wasted space (Christmas volume) $$$. The size, of each spot, is defined with minimum dimensions. Look we meet code requirements for number of spaces, they just don't fit trunks too well. Been like that like forever here. Should of seen how tight it was when we got our first Walmart parking lot. Talk of the town and accident city.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Being in trucks for over 30 years I resemble that comment. Can't back out? Throw it in 4x4, D, across the grass and your out . See no real problem with the parking lot except wear and tear on the concrete curb ;).

What sometimes happens is the codes/by-laws require so many parking spots in developments, this is always wasted space (Christmas volume) $$$. The size, of each spot, is defined with minimum dimensions. Look we meet code requirements for number of spaces, they just don't fit trunks too well. Been like that like forever here. Should of seen how tight it was when we got our first Walmart parking lot. Talk of the town and accident city.
Was in a little town in Germany (those seem to be everywhere LOL little "one light towns") when I saw a GMC dually extended cab long bed pickup wedged into a tiny little parking lot.

It was hilarious.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I don't know if this was posted anywhere. But here is a Read for you on the mache vs the model y.

1611196431009.png

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/we-...No2js99zPuYjuO0cjN6MGtWlX0tiEW87bQrUvfSLkS96g
Model Y total score 48 vs. Mach E total score 52. There, did the maths for you, not sure why the article didn't just do the maths. I personally disagree with the "living electric" category as they are defining it ... their metric is simply away-from-home charging which appears to be not relevant for most buyers (yes haters, I understand there are some buyers who may frequently or only charge away from home, but that is the minority not the majority, there I acknowledged your feelings)

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Model Y total score 48 vs. Mach E total score 52. There, did the maths for you, not sure why the article didn't just do the maths. I personally disagree with the "living electric" category as they are defining it ... their metric is simply away-from-home charging which appears to be not relevant for most buyers (yes haters, I understand there are some buyers who may frequently or only charge away from home, but that is the minority not the majority, there I acknowledged your feelings)
Looks around.....Did I ask you to do some math for me? nope. But the point is once the EA network gets there the score would not even be close then.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I personally disagree with the "living electric" category as they are defining it ... their metric is simply away-from-home charging which appears to be not relevant for most buyers (yes haters, I understand there are some buyers who may frequently or only charge away from home, but that is the minority not the majority, there I acknowledged your feelings)
Yep. I'd consider "living electric" to be the most common day-to-day usage. The rule rather than the exception. And for *most* people, that's charging at home the vast majority of the time.

"Road-tripping electric" would/should be a whole different category, because it's almost polar opposite from around-home use.

There's also a 3rd category -- people that can't home (or work) charge but buy a BEV anyway. But that should be a very small% for some time. I know some are "dedicated" enough to do that, but relying on full-time public charging takes way more compromise than most people will put up with. At least until capabilities get way better.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I don't think the point of the graph was to total the score. I think it was more of a comparison within each of the specific categories to show the amount of difference between. A 10 score is 100% and the lower number was how much behind in overall points for that specific category only. So a 10 for MME and an 8 for the MY means the MME was 20% better in that category per the opinion of the reviewer.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
We all agree that there are no cooled seats? ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Screenshot_20210121_224733
Is is possible it is referring to the perforated seats in that they cool off easier? I was looking at my window sticker and that was the only reasonable explanation I could find.

Reactions: UW2

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Is is possible it is referring to the perforated seats in that they cool off easier? I was looking at my window sticker and that was the only reasonable explanation I could find.
I interpreted this line in the same way. It's probably fair to say you'll stay cooler in perforated seats than solid material on the seat bottom and back.

But, still no where near as great as the actively cooled seats in my Lincoln. They gotta hold a few premium features back for whatever the Lincoln model that rolls out on the MME platform.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I interpreted this line in the same way. It's probably fair to say you'll stay cooler in perforated seats than solid material on the seat bottom and back.

But, still no where near as great as the actively cooled seats in my Lincoln. They gotta hold a few premium features back for whatever the Lincoln model that rolls out on the MME platform.
Completely disagree. The other Mustangs have ventilated seats, as do other Fords. Ventilated seats are table stakes in this car class, not a “luxury item”. Same for 12-way power seats. Luxury is 22-way massaging “perfect position” seats.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The trucking app updated today. Well it was updated prior to the HOLD factor. When that happened the box next to my VIN went blank. Today it states ARRIVED 01/15. The ETA from Ford has now gotten down to ONLY 60 days left to delivery.

Reactions: UW2