TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sure you are absolutely correct in that the car was designed visually and aerodynamically first and foremost much as the model 3 and Y. Which I think accommodate the front plate even less successfully. On both Ford and Tesla I just wish it did not look quite so much as if the plate integration was fundamentally ignored.
Agreed. I wish North America would convert to the European long/narrow plate design. They fit a bumper much better.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think it may be just a light mode icon and dark mode icon.
Hmm, yeah good catch. Upon further examination, there are pics of this same car with the screen in light mode and dark mode, and you're completely right. I guess I'll be leaving mine in dark mode.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It does seem strange to me that for a primary US heritage brand the design of both the front and rear seems to visually accommodate the European style registration plate more successfully than the US. Clearly it works if no plate is required. Not so much with the square front plate.
I’d say overall, our plate shape looks uglier on most cars than the Euro version.

I wonder if the front plate bracket can be taken off, like if there are some small plugs you could get for where the bumper was pierced that sort of hides where the bracket was or masks the puncture marks from a distance.

Reactions: UW2

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Very likely. Who has the high res details? I know there are some super spies in the forum.
I paused a bunch of times and finally got the right vin: 3FMTK3SU8MMA06006

It shows up as special order with a blue border... Same as mine. And yes, it's marked as a retail order. Looks like it was a First Edition reserved in November 2019 and converted to an order on 7/1/2020. Scheduled for production 12/3, built 12/28, and delivered 1/20/2021.

It's really hard to read, but I think the Parts Content label says 15% sourced from U.S. and Canada and 70% from Mexico. Motor and gearbox both from Mexico. I've been curious to see what they say, as I hadn't seen the parts label yet for the Mach-E.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
red route 1, or select with tech?
Rt 1 EPA over 300 miles per charge, that’s great news for you. I posted the article a few posts ago.

Reactions: UW2

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It does seem strange to me that for a primary US heritage brand the design of both the front and rear seems to visually accommodate the European style registration plate more successfully than the US. Clearly it works if no plate is required. Not so much with the square front plate.
Yep.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don't think it's designed that way per se, it's just that long & narrow just happens to fit better in general. Especially on BEVs that usually have to be far more aerodynamic that most cars, which usually means a lower curving slope on the front.
No, it's clearly designed that way. There is a long indentation designed to accommodate a long, narrow plate, then a short, wide plate is attached. The other option is to make two versions of the nose and tailgate, one with a long indent for EU and one with a short indent for NA.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, it's clearly designed that way. There is a long indentation designed to accommodate a long, narrow plate, then a short, wide plate is attached. The other option is to make two versions of the nose and tailgate, one with a long indent for EU and one with a short indent for NA.
That's not what we meant. We meant the basic layout of the front of the car. (Or at least that's what I meant, and what I think he meant.) The taller NA plates just don't fit as well space-wise on the front of the MME as the Euro plates do, because they're not as tall.