Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So if you get a VIN from your dealer by early October, your car will likely be in the first batch shipped from the plant.
The next time I hear from the dealer will be when my car has been sitting on their lot for a week or more. Seriously, if Ford isn’t providing that information directly, I’ll never know it.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is one other thing you get to “risk.“ 1987 barge of cars wrecked on the Hamakua coast. Yeah that was the last time they lost a load of cars. But they do lose other things.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico FCE50FF9-C2F1-4934-B41D-2F424113A9A3

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My ONLY tiny concern.....is the exterior size. I think most people are going to think it's too small. It is easy to forget these things don't have engines, transmissions, exhaust systems and fuel tanks so all that extra space can be reallocated to passenger compartment space. In some ways a BEV is like a TARDIS....bigger on the inside.
Not so much the Mach-e though. The long/hefty Mustang nose was retained. But yes, many BEVs have the short nose and look small (probably in part to save weight too). Even the Model Y has a frumpy low slope nose making it look less substantial.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Not so much the Mach-e though. The long/hefty Mustang nose was retained. But yes, many BEVs have the short nose and look small (probably in part to save weight too). Even the Model Y has a frumpy low slope nose making it look less substantial.
I would call it ugly rather than less substantial, somewhat frog like, although not as much as my wife's LEAF - she thinks it's cute though.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I agree with everything you said in your post. For ME, though, I'm hoping this car isn't too BIG (on the outside). I'm sure it'll be fine, but I've gotten so used to parking my tiny Fiesta hatchback! ;)
I was just looking at the measurements to see how much of a challenge it will be to get it inside my garage!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just looking at the measurements to see how much of a challenge it will be to get it inside my garage!
I had it laid out in the stall it goes in. Just enough room to not run into the bikes nor pose a danger should one fall off the wall rack (a virtual, but not absolute, impossibility). Then my wife moved the marker. Now it doesn't fit. :p

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
how many others things we take for granted for in life we was not able to buy during this

Give a company a chance. Adapt, overcome, patience

Excellent point trutolife27. I had intended to buy my wife a bicycle for Mother's Day and started looking around in March. Finally found one and brought it home this past weekend! 6 months for a bike, I can survive the wait for my FE.

Last edited:

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
If you are taking delivery in Hawaii, you will wait a little longer than most. Your car will almost certainly travel by ship, and that is not the speediest method.

If Job 1 is just before Halloween, then a realistic OK To Buy might be Thanksgiving. The plant will not release any customer vehicle until OKTB. When OKTB is declared, every vehicle made will ship from the plant within days. Freight out of Mexico is not exactly fast, you are at the whim of Customs, but many people should get their cars in December. I would say Hawaii might be January, unless you get favorable timing on an outbound ship or someone at Ford REALLY likes you.

VIN assignment can be as much 6 weeks before the car is physically produced. So if you get a VIN from your dealer by early October, your car will likely be in the first batch shipped from the plant.
uhm. I don’t know for sure but there isn’t just USA on this earth;)
What about Europe for example? Looks like most USA-people forget that ;)

Some heard that delivery take place in Europe in Feb, others heard March.
Should take at least 30 days with boat from Port of Veracruz to Port of Oostende/Bremerhaven/Rotterdam.
Then about 2 more weeks for local transport and paperwork, then 1-2 weeks for dealer to deliver.

Havent seen anyone from other continents here(like Asia for example).
still I’m curious if the Mach-E is only sold in USA/Canada/Europe or that it’s sold globally.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
uhm. I don’t know for sure but there isn’t just USA on this earth;)
What about Europe for example? Looks like most USA-people forget that ;)

Some heard that delivery take place in Europe in Feb, others heard March.
Should take at least 30 days with boat from Port of Veracruz to Port of Oostende/Bremerhaven/Rotterdam.
Then about 2 more weeks for local transport and paperwork, then 1-2 weeks for dealer to deliver.
Besides USA? There is also Canada, Mexico, and Texas.

Just teasing. We haven't forgotten about you. Or at least, I haven't forgotten. I've been to Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. I should get back there and go further north, eh?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Besides USA? There is also Canada, Mexico, and Texas.

Just teasing. We haven't forgotten about you. Or at least, I haven't forgotten. I've been to Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany. I should get back there and go further north, eh?
Isnt Texas a part of USA? Or did I miss something? ;)
Rheinland-Pfalz is about 300km(200mi) south-east of where I live :)

im really curious when the first Mach-E’s are delivered to Europe and when the first customers receive them

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
im really curious when the first Mach-E’s are delivered to Europe and when the first customers receive them
You're not the only one.... ?

No news good news... but now, it is really no news at all....

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Isnt Texas a part of USA? Or did I miss something? ;)
Rheinland-Pfalz is about 300km(200mi) south-east of where I live :)

join the (waiting patiently) club
Sponsored