Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It was not ment offensive towards you but most USA-people tend to forget there's more then "USA".

Hawaii should also take a few weeks for boat transportation isn't it?

How's your car being deliverd? directly from Veracruz to Hawaii or do they have a stop in between?
Clearly, you've never heard of globalization. Of course we're well aware there are other countries than the US. We'll let you be independent countries for now ?. JUST JOKES

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
I agree with everything you said in your post. For ME, though, I'm hoping this car isn't too BIG (on the outside). I'm sure it'll be fine, but I've gotten so used to parking my tiny Fiesta hatchback! ;)
Same here. I'm coming from a Toyota highlander which I feel is too big for me. I want a much more compact vehicle with decent cargo capacity.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same here. I'm coming from a Toyota highlander which I feel is too big for me. I want a much more compact vehicle with decent cargo capacity.
My ride is a mustang, but last week the wife and I went to the Jersey Shore for a couple of getaway days. We took her Durango to fit the beach chairs, beach cart, and luggage. To maximize profitability ALL the parking lots, street spaces, etc at the jersey shore are cramped into tiny little nooks and crannies - which was really difficult for me trying to maneuver a much bigger vehicle than what I'm used to. It convinced me that 360 cameras are a great idea, and that I hope the MME is not too big compared to my pony.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The lots will be full of Mache down at the plant. They will wait tell oktb date. Then ship out. That is how it works with any launch with any manufacturer. I don't know if any of you live by a Vehicle manufacturing plant, but if you do and drive by. Your see vehicles everywhere waiting to ship.

When the silver dome in Pontiac Michigan closed. General motors used the massive parking lot for years to park finished vehicles before they shipped.

Demo model will start making soon, if not a few already. All the info i have passed on is true. Dates still are holding the same.

The funny thing is JD powers is considering Ford for meeting the goal of even sending any Mache out this year with what has happen with covid-19.

Other manufacturing are either saying there will be a big delay or even moving it to another year. I don't think some people understand how lucky we are ford is not more behind then they are.

This is our order bank.
ORDER BANK 8/23/20
SUPER DUTY
EXPEDITION

NAVIGATOR
ORDER BANK 8/16/20
SUPER DUTY
EXPEDITION
NAVIGATOR
SCHEDULING CLERK
C-CREW
PH# 502
OFFICE LOCATION J-33

Overtime is crazy right now Ford workers are working hard, long hours to get our vehicles to you guys. Here is a Bulletin on it.
1598384222004.png
I grew up not far from the GM plant (now Tesla) in Fremont. I do recall the acres (literally) of cars sitting there at any given time. Normal parctice.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I think the OKTB timing just threw many people off for delivery expectations, as it's a new factor we hadn't considered. I think many were thinking that once a vehicle rolls off the line, it would probably start transport within days. But at least for the earliest customer units, looks like they'll sit on the lot for a month (Nov 23).
These are all already customer sold orders, I doubt Ford is going to park them until some arbitrary date. Ford does need to complete the Fed crash safety ratings and EPA Mileage ratings hoops, but it still about 10 weeks before this First Edition run is complete.

Ford has been around long enough to know how to expedite this procedure and even with a delay, would at least get the vehicles chugging towards the delivery points and not just sitting on some tarmack in Mexico.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It convinced me that 360 cameras are a great idea, and that I hope the MME is not too big compared to my pony.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. They'll be handy if Ford's are good. Had them on a Volvo XC90 in Europe and it was fantastic... And then years later on a Nissan in Pennsylvania/Maryland and it was all smudgy and lousy.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
These are all already customer sold orders, I doubt Ford is going to park them until some arbitrary date.
Except as has been stated previously that is not the case.

Ford does need to complete the Fed crash safety ratings and EPA Mileage ratings hoops, but it still about 6 weeks before this First Edition run is complete.
Note sure about EPA but I'm fairly confident crash test ratings don't have to happen before customers can buy the car.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
The lots will be full of Mache down at the plant. They will wait tell oktb date. Then ship out. That is how it works with any launch with any manufacturer. I don't know if any of you live by a Vehicle manufacturing plant, but if you do and drive by. Your see vehicles everywhere waiting to ship.

When the silver dome in Pontiac Michigan closed. General motors used the massive parking lot for years to park finished vehicles before they shipped.

Demo model will start making soon, if not a few already. All the info i have passed on is true. Dates still are holding the same.
The demo (FCTP) models can be shipped to dealers and driven by customers before OKTB. Right?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These are all already customer sold orders, I doubt Ford is going to park them until some arbitrary date. Ford does need to complete the Fed crash safety ratings and EPA Mileage ratings hoops, but it still about 10 weeks before this First Edition run is complete.

Ford has been around long enough to know how to expedite this procedure and even with a delay, would at least get the vehicles chugging towards the delivery points and not just sitting on some tarmack in Mexico.
That's my question in all this... why is OKTB so late (Nov 23)? Why not Nov 2 or something? I just don't know what's involved with OKTB. Do they really need to make a month of customer units first to prove they can make them without problems?

I need to hunt around and see what OKTB really entails.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
That's my question in all this... why is OKTB so late (Nov 23)? Why not Nov 2 or something? I just don't know what's involved with OKTB. Do they really need to make a month of customer units first to prove they can make them without problems?

I need to hunt around and see what OKTB really entails.
OKTB is the have to make a certian amount of units and then they are inspected and have to pass.

Government people will visit and units that are complete taken apart. Everything back do to the smallest piece they check. The welds, rivets, the seale,r proper squeeze out,spack nuts, studs for seat belts and so much. It all has to be entered into a data base. One for safety. Two if there ever is a problem its the manufactures ass.

After that the weld inspectors or joint inspectors will have to tear down so many units each week to check quality. Its such a big process. I remember when I was in Michigan on the navigator launch after we was done with whole units the contractors would just smash the units. Some even with just fork lifts then haul off in closed semi truck to be scraped.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1598395274835

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Here is normal from start to finish of a new vehicle process Team Edison started in 2017 and did the mache in 3 years. Half the time of a normal launch How impressive is that.

The biggest joy out of this is when the day comes and we all have our mache. Seeing you guys enjoying it. Nothing makes a ford work happier then seeing people happy with our product. Hope everyone will post pics and videos on here.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15350381/how-a-car-is-made-every-step-from-invention-to-launch/

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OKTB is the have to make a certian amount of units and then they are inspected and have to pass.
That explains a lot. It's basically the inspection stage, not just Ford internal but especially all the government regulators. That makes sense. And helps explain why it takes as long as it does, and why they need a large volume of vehicles. I assume they randomly select some out of each batch to ensure statistically significant sampling.

Thanks.
Sponsored