Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
So this confirms things we've heard before and updates timing a bit:
1) Dealers get cars for test drives first. We probably get a chance to test drive a car before ours arrive.
2) First Editions will be right behind them. In some areas maybe together?
3) Premium and other buyers should definitely get a chance to test drive first.
4) ~2,000 FCTP by 23 October as they get the line up to full speed
5) followed by 3,000 FE starting 26 October -- 3 weeks max
6) At least 2 weeks of Premiums by OKTB
remember it is 2020 for 3 more months so don't plan on anything good until it's delivered

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
1) Dealers get cars for test drives first. We probably get a chance to test drive a car before ours arrive.
We just dont know the delivery timeline yet but by your numbers they could do a pretty good of delivering quite a few b4 year end

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hope you are right and that means at least a thousand + Premiums stand a chance of getting delivered by end of the year.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No issue with them being built at the same time. I’m talking about actually getting delivered to paying customers ahead of first editions. The whole point is, they’re supposed to be “first”.
I dont think dealers are going to be instructed to delay delivery of other trim levels until the First Editions are sold. I think it will just depend on timing. Premiums are likely to be delivered in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas before First Editions in Canada or New York for example.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The shipping manifest template shows, Dealer FCTP rail out first. Premium will be made and some select and route 1. The First edition will then rail out second after Dealer FCTP.
Any clues as to what the daily or weekly shipping capacity is?

Just by eyeballing it from Google Maps satellite, looks like the rail spur on site has room for 30 railcars. If 6 vehicles deep on each, probably double-decked rather than triple since the Mach-e may be too tall, that's up to 360. But I don't know how many loads per week. Or if my estimates are off.

Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag
I dont think dealers are going to be instructed to delay delivery of other trim levels until the First Editions are sold. I think it will just depend on timing. Premiums are likely to be delivered in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas before First Editions in Canada or New York for example.
First mustang in history have been sold in canada ? I dont think you're tru about this one.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So does that mean the FE's and premiums will share vin numbers and FE will be seen as a trim in reg or will it have its own vins?
They share the same VIN sequence
3MFTK3SUXMM(serial#)
Insurance company and state registration should treat an FE as a Premium.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
They share the same VIN sequence
3MFTK3SUXMM(serial#)
Insurance company and state registration should treat an FE as a Premium.
Makes sense - there is nothing on the FE that costs more to insure than a Premium (except perhaps not getting some parts to replace down the road like say the FE scuff plates)

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
First mustang in history have been sold in canada ? I dont think you're tru about this one.
The first Mustang was made in Mexico?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't know whether having this new information makes the wait easier or harder.

I'm going with harder.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't know whether having this new information makes the wait easier or harder.

I'm going with harder.
Much easier for me. At least I know and won't be anxious wondering when the information will come out. Waiting until the end of the month to learn final specs and incentives will be OK since I know when it will be instead of disappointed every day when the info doesn't come out. Now I won't waste my days hitting "refresh" :)

Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag
The first Mustang was made in Mexico?
No but here In Quebec, Canada we will have 2000 allocation for a population of 8.5 million. The ev market is big here so I don't think ford will ship us mach e after all US states.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I'm going with harder.
I know what you mean. Am glad for all the Intel shared here. Really helps me figure out what works best for me. I decided I will buy a FE this year if possible and then a Premium next year around summertime as that is when I expect it to be delivered.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I don't "know" anything but I do have a little experience with very large established sales companies. There is a whole lot of playing politics that goes on. If there are any large dealers who have the ear of the folks in the front office because of good sales numbers, or hitting a certain promotion consistently, I bet they will be first on the list if they want those cars. That's a big IF.
Some dealers might not care. They may be as stuck in the 60's and 70's as Laugh In.
But the dealers who see EVs as the wave of the future will be banging on corporate for those cars and the ones who are all ready hitting the numbers are likely to get them first.
Unless they do go purely on that reservation system, and I just don't see that happening.
I am also wondering if a few more will make it to California first because the Governor has made the goal of no ICE cars sold here after 2035. He signed that document on a Rapid Red Mach E.
Maybe I am just getting my hopes up.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No but here In Quebec, Canada we will have 2000 allocation for a population of 8.5 million. The ev market is big here so I don't think ford will ship us mach e after all US states.
Agreed. I am just saying it takes longer to ship a car to Canada vs the desert southwest.
Sponsored