Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
The mache is launch is 4 days behind right now. If things get behind dealer demo might be put on hold to get FE out first when MP2 starts.
When our Order Status changes, will the build date / VIN automatically show up on our Ford Account page or will that info have to come from our dealer contacting us directly?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hate to tell you this amigo, but that image has been replaced on the Ford site. Probs still removable though.

1602177680056.jpeg
Oh I fully expect the divider to be included. I don't "not want" the divider. It's a nice extra and Ford is smart to show it. And it doesn't conflict with using the space for a cooler too (assuming it's removable). The flexibility is great.

Making it unremovable would be a whole different matter though.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's removable if you want it to be.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1602179915097

JK, probably just remove a few bolts/screws.
get T to install the dividers and there's a decent chance they will come out on their own when you least expect it.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
why didn't anyone ask the Dutch :cool: as we have seen the Mach-E in real life multiple times and yes, also the frunk divider

Ford NL employees couldn't make the same statement, some say it's tighten with 2 screws and removable, other say they said that their not sure.

Might be something to ask in the 4th and last webinar this night...

Pacecar

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 mustang official pacecar , 2018 outlander phev
Country flag
We have to keep the car at least 1 years before selling it... before 1 year, we have to give the 8000$ back

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's removable if you want it to be.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1602179915097

JK, probably just remove a few bolts/screws.
My thoughts exactly. At 8 years old my son could take ANYTHING apart, and 16 years later I don't doubt his ability to remove that divider...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
why didn't anyone ask the Dutch :cool: as we have seen the Mach-E in real life multiple times and yes, also the frunk divider

Ford NL employees couldn't make the same statement, some say it's tighten with 2 screws and removable, other say they said that their not sure.

Might be something to ask in the 4th and last webinar this night...
We keep forgetting you actually got to SEE the car.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Is this because they need it for front impact? It is the only reason I can imagine they have put these in when they weren't there before. They must be going though crash testing by now.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Is this because they need it for front impact? It is the only reason I can imagine they have put these in when they weren't there before. They must be going though crash testing by now.
I think it is the Texas gun rack version. just a guess (no offense to texas, gun racks or guesses is intended)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
We keep forgetting you actually got to SEE the car.
Other than the reveal in LA in November, has Ford ever shown it anywhere in NA or has it only been shown in EMEA/APAC?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Other than the reveal in LA in November, has Ford ever shown it anywhere in NA or has it only been shown in EMEA/APAC?
It was at the Cleveland Auto Show right before everything closed down, and I got to see the car from a social distance and take pictures, but they had the car on a platform and you could not touch it or sit inside.
Some fortunate people have seen the test cars driving around the Detroit area and even into Ohio, but I am not one of them.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The divider in the frunk comes out everyone. Up to you as the buyer, if you are going to remove it.

It is just 4 small covers that need to be removed. Ford said not to remove for safety reasons.

I was told 4 small bolts, but contact down there said they are more like pop into place with covers.
Sponsored