Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Cool.. but what does that mean? 4,877 all FEs ?
I doubt that. If there's 3,000ish Ford dealers, and 2,000ish are EV certified, and all 2,000 get a demo car, and the demo cars get built before retail orders, then that's half of that number right there that would be other trims.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m assuming those are for Ford Execs. As to the rest of it, it’s a bit Greek to me.
There's a *huge* number of Ford managers that get new lease cars from the company as part of their compensation every year - my neighbor goes through a new Mustang convertible every year. I assume at some management level if you want a Mach-E as your lease, you get it built ASAP.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I doubt that. If there's 3,000ish Ford dealers, and 2,000ish are EV certified, and all 2,000 get a demo car, and the demo cars get built before retail orders, then that's half of that number right there that would be other trims.
I believe the dealer cars were built during the MP1 phase. MP2 is for customer MMEs less those 50 Ford specials.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There's a *huge* number of Ford managers that get new lease cars from the company as part of their compensation every year - my neighbor goes through a new Mustang convertible every year. I assume at some management level if you want a Mach-E as your lease, you get it built ASAP.
While it is true that managers get a lease vehicle as part of their compensation, you have to be at least director level to get a high profile vehicle this early

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I got a crazy busy week next week, looks like I'll need to find some time to set aside next Thursday to celebrate!

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I believe the dealer cars were built during the MP1 phase. MP2 is for customer MMEs less those 50 Ford specials.
I'm not sure about that. I don't see how they could have built 2,000 pre-production cars in addition to marketing cars, certification cars, etc. But hopefully I'm wrong and I get my FE even sooner.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
While it is true that managers get a lease vehicle as part of their compensation, you have to be at least director level to get a high profile vehicle this early
And while the management lease program is a good deal, because it also includes insurance, registration and maintenance, it’s not free for a vast majority of participants. There is still a monthly payment.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
And while the management lease program is a good deal, because it also includes insurance, registration and maintenance, it’s not free for a vast majority of participants. There is still a monthly payment.
That discount remains part of their compensation. Plus not having to ever experience the hellscape that is a metro Detroit dealer is additional compensation :p

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That discount remains part of their compensation. Plus not having to ever experience the hellscape that is a metro Detroit dealer is additional compensation :p
For their lease and for service!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Nope. The FCTP cars were MP1.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Nope. The FCTP cars were MP1.
Every single one of them? That was confirmed? I've never heard of that many MP1s being built. My dealer is saying he still doesn't know when his demo will be built, but he might just be clueless..

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
another update for everyone.

Seen the list of 4,877 MP2 units with VINS and high-level specs
It's only up to OKTB
So a MP2 run of 4,877 units over 2 weeks in Oct and the 3 weeks in Nov before the OKTB is a 5 week run or about 975 per week.
That should not be too difficult.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I thought this sounded good at first, but when I got home I measured my Escape at the same point, and got 28". That's would make the Mach-e 3 inches shorter. Ouch.

Not a deal-breaker, but disappointing. ☹
Uggh....I dont want to feel like I'm sitting in a sedan anymore. Was hoping more for a SUV height....or at least higher than my Honda Accord

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I thought this sounded good at first, but when I got home I measured my Escape at the same point, and got 28". That's would make the Mach-e 3 inches shorter. Ouch.

Not a deal-breaker, but disappointing. ☹
It is somewhat disappointing but if the 24/25 inch measurement is at its lowest, i can live with that. That is the approximate height of the Q5 and I was fine with that although I prefer or am used to the SUV height of my Explorer.
Sponsored