David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Well this is the thread discussing production schedule and (currently) new delays in delivery (that will cost some of us significant $$), so there's gonna be some disappointment expressed. Perhaps it's a thread to bypass if only wanting to read happy posts.
Everyone here reeaalllly wants to drive their brand new shiny car in the winter slush and salt and mess up the paint. So do I, but it ain’t good for it. Especially with all the ceramic coating places being closed through June.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Everyone here reeaalllly wants to drive their brand new shiny car in the winter slush and salt and mess up the paint. So do I, but it ain’t good for it. Especially with all the ceramic coating places being closed through June.
Why closed through June?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’d rather go id.4.
I'd hold out for the Hyundai 45 specs I think (another pony). But so far that looks like it does not need to happen. I am still comfortable with the MME pre awd er in the fastest color available ;) . If EPA comes in at 190 mi there may be a reset.

I understand that it is just a piece of tin and is not the most important thing right now. Ford take your time, do it right and make sure all those gr8 employees, that are working to get us our new BEV's, stay safe. One problem right now can have huge impact on scheduling.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be fun to drive it a little sooner but for me it's not about that, it's about losing $1500 in 2020 state tax credits.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
It would be fun to drive it a little sooner but for me it's not about that, it's about losing $1500 in 2020 state tax credits.
That’s the real flub here. The credit situation is critical to anyone’s purchase of an EV, and year over year changes aren’t considered in this delay. There will be churn in orders unless incentives compensate.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Agreed. If I get the FE in December then I get a $2,500 rebate from the state of Texas but if I get it in January then I get $0. A week here and there does make a difference.

All of the paperwork for the Texas rebate has to be turned in by January 7th. So there is no claiming on your taxes that you file later in the year.
- Copy of completed and executed Purchase/Lease agreement signed by the buyer and seller.
- Application for Texas Title and Registration signed by the buyer and seller.
- A finance agreement with a financial institution that indicates the purchase or lease date, the VIN, and the loan amount.

I am not pissed about the scheduling but it does change the relative value equations. With the rebate, the FE option would only be $1100 more than the Premium ER AWD. That I am willing to pay. Without the rebate, the FE option is $3600. That has to be reconsidered and I am waiting to hear from my dealer before I make up my mind.

Also here is the link for anyone in Texas who wants the rebate.
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am not pissed about the scheduling but it does change the relative value equations. With the rebate, the FE option would only be $1100 more than the Premium ER AWD. That I am willing to pay. Without the rebate, the FE option is $3600. That has to be reconsidered and I am waiting to hear from my dealer before I make up my mind.
Exactly. I'm not pissed about COVID delays either. Ford is doing what they need to do put out a quality product during a period of exceptional challenges. And there's gonna be some collateral damage as a result of the delays.

It just sucks being part of that collateral damage. And expressing our disappointment over that is perfectly normal. It is costing some of us significant $$. We knew that could be the case going in. I've been saying all along that it looked like US FEs would make it in 2020 "if there's no more delays". Well, looks like there's more delays now. If it doesn't arrive by Dec 31, we gambled and lost. For me it will have been a $3500 mistake to switch my original Premium AWD ER to a Machdrop FE ($2000 due to the price change and $1500 if I lose the tax credit from this delay).

I just emailed Ford to make an appeal on behalf of CO buyers like myself to get early enough build dates to ensure 2020 delivery, explaining the state tax credit ramifications. I doubt it'll make a difference, but can't hurt to try.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
You need some whine with that cheese?
? nah, just some marshmallows to tide me over while I anxiously wait for MY email from Ford and relentlessly pester my dealer for nonexistent updates ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Exactly. I'm not pissed about COVID delays either. Ford is doing what they need to do put out a quality product during a period of exceptional challenges. And there's gonna be some collateral damage as a result of the delays.

It just sucks being part of that collateral damage. And expressing our disappointment over that is perfectly normal. It is costing some of us significant $$. We knew that could be the case going in. I've been saying all along that it looked like US FEs would make it in 2020 "if there's no more delays". Well, looks like there's more delays now. If it doesn't arrive by Dec 31, we gambled and lost. For me it will have been a $3500 mistake to switch my original Premium AWD ER to a Machdrop FE ($2000 due to the price change and $1500 if I lose the tax credit from this delay).

I just emailed Ford to make an appeal on behalf of CO buyers like myself to get early enough build dates to ensure 2020 delivery, explaining the state tax credit ramifications. I doubt it'll make a difference, but can't hurt to try.
I’m not trying to be snarky or sarcastic, but have you also tried reaching out to constituent services for your elected officials and see if some kind of accommodation or extension of the deadlines could be made due to the extenuating circumstances? Our elected officials are human and do try to respond to constituent concerns at times ? maybe point out that there’s a pandemic that’s making things a bit difficult?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Agreed. If I get the FE in December then I get a $2,500 rebate from the state of Texas but if I get it in January then I get $0. A week here and there does make a difference.

All of the paperwork for the Texas rebate has to be turned in by January 7th. So there is no claiming on your taxes that you file later in the year.
- Copy of completed and executed Purchase/Lease agreement signed by the buyer and seller.
- Application for Texas Title and Registration signed by the buyer and seller.
- A finance agreement with a financial institution that indicates the purchase or lease date, the VIN, and the loan amount.

Also here is the link for anyone in Texas who wants the rebate.
https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html
Looks like the program is based on $$ allocated - perhaps they will extend the dates beyond Han 2021.

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
All the bitching about "I paid to get my car first" is getting really old, too.

A reasonable human being will understand the explanation from @trutolife27. The FE's will be built in the first month or so of customer production; getting a $60,000 car a month later than wanted is not a tragedy. The 225,000 that died of Covid and the tens of millions unemployed/underemployed had a lot worse year.
Way to miss the point. Cute. Where was it said in any of my few posts here "I want to get my car first?" Critical reading is your friend.

Apparently, some do not understand what a few of the Ford "insiders" have been saying. Awhile back @trutolife mentioned the production rate for cars at the Cuautitlan Stamping & Assembly plant was 124 cars per week. Per week. Sometime after that, an update mentioned a somewhat higher number along with information about slowly ramping up production. All understandable, and in fact, proper but it is slow. Now, we're finding out that FCTP cars are rolling over into MP2. Plus, we're getting late November build-weeks for real customers, e.g those who are not on Ford's internal leasing programs, VIPs, or large corporate customers. That leaves 5 weeks or so for real-world customer car production. At a substantially slower rate than full production.

It should be painfully obvious to people that full production rates will not be achieved until sometime in January 2021, after the return from the Christmas season plant shutdown. We're going to be lucky if we see a total of 2,000 real-world customer cars produced this year. That includes MP1 and MP2. And I'd bet we don't see anywhere near that number either. A literal handful of each trimline will actually be delivered by year's end to meet the PR claims of late 2020 delivery.

And that's why Ford needs to communicate a fair bit better with the customers who have lined up with 60,000 USD (and more) to buy a MME. Production isn't going to resemble normal for quite some time and delays have the potential to be significantly longer than the already changed delivery targets. We're being prepared for it by apparent employees of Ford instead of by Ford Motor Company. That's not a good way to communicate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Would having an invoice from your dealer before the end of the year cover it for the CO tax credit? I’m thinking of this as a backup plan.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I’m not trying to be snarky or sarcastic, but have you also tried reaching out to constituent services for your elected officials and see if some kind of accommodation or extension of the deadlines could be made due to the extenuating circumstances? Our elected officials are human and do try to respond to constituent concerns at times ? maybe point out that there’s a pandemic that’s making things a bit difficult?
Thanks to @dbsb3233 for trying on behalf of us in Colorado. It crossed my mind to reach out to some elected officials I know in the state, but I think the pandemic has blown a hole in their budget. Last I heard is that it was a $3.5 billion dollar hole in the budget due to the lack of revenue. I doubt they will be able to do much or that it would be a top priority when the legislature is back in session in January.

I know Ford isn't exactly floating in money either, but I heard they made some accommodations already to buyers in some European countries to help offset some tax situations. Right now, I think the incentives in Denver are at $1,000 from Ford. Maybe they can boost the incentive to $2,500 after January 1st to match what it is in some other parts of the country.
Sponsored