Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It would be fun to drive it a little sooner but for me it's not about that, it's about losing $1500 in 2020 state tax credits.
Agreed. If I get the FE in December then I get a $2,500 rebate from the state of Texas but if I get it in January then I get $0. A week here and there does make a difference.
Yes, that sucks. EVERYONE has similar issues, but unfortunately that doesn't change when Ford can get the cars to customers.

Maybe they can boost the incentive to $2,500
Yes, that would be nice if Ford had that kind of an incentive for everyone.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Well this is the thread discussing production schedule and (currently) new delays in delivery (that will cost some of us significant $$), so there's gonna be some disappointment expressed.
To be clear, Ford never provided a schedule other than "starting late 2020" so no delays on its part (it's why a manufacturer will never commit to a schedule on a new release).

The "delay" is based on your expectation of a delivery date, and I have always thought the expectations of delivery dates set here were wildly optimistic (you can check on that if you like). The reason the vehicles don't show up as they would if you just look at the steps to be completed is that the problems are unknown and therefore underestimated and underweighted. So the thought process is: one week for this; another week for that, etc. What isn't in the schedule is: problem X in week one which will take two days; problem Y in week two which will take three says to resolve, etc. This happens for EVERYTHING, not just vehicles, and is the reason new products and services always take longer than originally projected.

What's funny about the idea that a later delivery date is costing you money is that the price cut makes up for it. You were happy initially. Then you got a price cut. Then you lost a rebate. Logically you're back to your original happy place. You're not, and this is not unusual, but easily digesting wins and obsessing over losses is not a recipe for a happy life

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
To be clear, Ford never provided a schedule other than "starting late 2020" so no delays on its part (it's why a manufacturer will never commit to a schedule on a new release).

The "delay" is based on your expectation of a delivery date, and I have always thought the expectations of delivery dates set here were wildly optimistic (you can check on that if you like). The reason the vehicles don't show up as they would if you just look at the steps to be completed is that the problems are unknown and therefore underestimated and underweighted. So the thought process is: one week for this; another week for that, etc. What isn't in the schedule is: problem X in week one which will take two days; problem Y in week two which will take three says to resolve, etc. This happens for EVERYTHING, not just vehicles, and is the reason new products and services always take longer than originally projected.

What's funny about the idea that a later delivery date is costing you money is that the price cut makes up for it. You were happy initially. Then you got a price cut. Then you lost a rebate. Logically you're back to your original happy place. You're not, and this is not unusual, but easily digesting wins and obsessing over losses is not a recipe for a happy life
This is completely right. All of the projections aside from ‘late 2020’ are from people on the forum. We are getting upset at Ford for missing production targets they never committed to publicly aside from saying deliveries will start at the end of the year.

Lots of things are in fact like this, like the new Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X launching in November - they really will start selling this year but not everyone who wants one will get them before the year is out.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Right now, I think the incentives in Denver are at $1,000 from Ford. Maybe they can boost the incentive to $2,500 after January 1st to match what it is in some other parts of the country.
FYI electric vehicle credits are worth more in CARB states so the easiest way to convince Ford -- and other manufacturers as well -- to increase incentives in CO is to have CO become a CARB state.

Also, and I haven't looked at this and not totally sure of whether the sale point is correct, but here is my guess: if the sale occurs when the vehicle ships (remember the Ford is selling to a dealer not a consumer), and if Ford needs the EV credits in 2020, then it has an incentive to ship to CARB states first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Well. happy weekend everyone. I'm awake now and had some coffee and time to reflect on some of the comments.

As I hear more info from ford is needed more for ford. I took the time to go back and read and look at many different auto manufacturers' launches of their vehicles.

How many had a special webcast for the launch of the vehicle?
How many had special webcast on different aspects of the vehicle?
How many are launching tours across America to see the vehicle?
Going from ice to a BEV, total new vehicle.

You have different companies trying to do business in each country and in each state. Each state has different rules with what you can or cannot do because of covid 19.

Some of the problems are on certain states' rules because of covid 19. Ford has had to change the shipping around to find ways to make it work. If some only knew part of the delay has to do with incoming shipments to that state. So maybe if you knew you could be upset with where you live.
You have states not letting workers go back to work while others could. So yes you can get this part but no can't do this. Dealers trying to show the mache have to follow the rules of where they live to show the mache.

So much of this is out of fords plan. I remember last week I was supposed to pick up happy meals for my kids on the way home. Pulled in and on the drive-thru said sorry closed for covid 19 cleanings. No warning no sign in the sky like batman saying we are closed. So now I'm supposed to be made and hate Mcdonalds?

If the mache was being built in North America the delay would be even longer. With the trade war with China. Going to Mexico with the parts kinda bypasses the delay there would have been.
Then when America was starting up Mexico was still shut down. Ford and other companies begged and pleaded with Mexico to get things back open.

Then there was a big problem with logistics getting the mache from Mexico to here with covid. Can't go deep into but out of ford control.

I get some people who will miss out on tax credit. I get people want the mache. When it was first put online said late 2020. Late 2020 is in November and December. With covid, I still don't see how ford is only a few weeks behind. Blows my mind how they were able to keep up as much as they did. The hummer supposed to have all 4 of the models done and ready by 2022 now 2024. two more year delay.
The plant for the ID4 in Tennessee is behind already. How much will that delay be?
Tesla well yeah tesla had delays on delays.

Your foreign carmakers Toyota, Nissan, Kia had shipments of cars, thousands on ships waiting to be unloaded for months because of covid. When they finally were able to get clearance to unload the dealerships were out of cars and no one was buying anymore. Toyota took a hit of over 41% in sales. A lot of those vehicles were just sent back to those countries and are trying to be sold there.

At the end of the day, it is amazing the mache is not delayed even more. There have been articles shocked how ford has kept up "ALL" of the production up of their vehicle line this year.

Another side note for you fellow mache fans. JD power report is done. Not fords fault it's not out. Jd power said it would take longer to release reports now. WHY BECAUSE OF COVID and they have people working from home.

Your EPA range well let's just say part of the delay on that also is not ford. But the EPA because of covid they are backlogged.

From my time spent in the military, there are a few things I learned that I'm grateful for.
Things never go right. Adapt overcome and move on.

I built a new computer for home back in May. Getting parts because of covid was a pain. You think with covid hitting hard now things are going to go smoother? One week my kids are in school the next week they are home back and forth. Sucks it is hard on me and my wife trying to work and balance family life. But adapt and overcome.

Ford is trying everyone super hard. They are doing a web series on youtube for Europe soon.
The ford workers in all the plants are working long long hours and hard to get what they make out to you the customers.

Just hang in there the mache is coming. I'm sorry this is not JG Wentworth I know you need it now.

Last edited:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm doing my best to remain calm. I am excited to get the Mach-E and, of course, a $1500 tax credit feels like a big difference. But in the end, I get that the pandemic has played a big role in this. As my wife said... Think of the $1200 stimulus check I got as a partial offset for the fact I may lose a $1500 tax credit.

It's a good way of looking at it (but I still hope to get both)!

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Coronavirus forces GM to delay updates to trucks, SUVs and sports cars
The Silverado, Sierra, Camaro and Corvette are among models that won't see updates until the 2021 calendar year.

Updates to Chevy's bread-and-butter pickup will have to wait.
Chevrolet
The coronavirus outbreak has effectively upended automakers' plans. From vehicle launches to production, the spread of COVID-19, the disease the coronavirus causes, has pushed the pause button.
Now, we've learned General Motors will push updates scheduled to release this year back to 2021 as it further delays a production restart amid the pandemic. The Detroit News first reported on delayed midcycle vehicle updates on Monday; GM confirmed the news with Roadshow.
A representative for the automaker underscored its top priority is to keep its teams safe and help slow COVID-19's spread. Actions taken in recent weeks "will impact the timing of some of our refreshed products, originally scheduled for 2020, and will now launch in 2021."

Tesla is finally able to launch Model Y, after a 3-month delay

Toyota closing Georgetown, Kentucky factory to battle coronavirus spread Delays will amount in months not weeks.

Other high-profile delays of production, according to LMC, include:

Nathan Bomey
USA TODAY

Nissan Frontier: from April 2020 to April 2021.
Acura MDX: from May to October.
Ford Mustang Mach-E: from July to September. Only ford has made this time up.
Toyota Sienna 500B: from July to September.
Cadillac Escalade: from July to August.

I can go on and on all day. Truth is 2020 is not the time to buy a vehicle. The fact the mache is coming out now is amazing on fords part.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm doing my best to remain calm. I am excited to get the Mach-E and, of course, a $1500 tax credit feels like a big difference. But in the end, I get that the pandemic has played a big role in this. As my wife said... Think of the $1200 stimulus check I got as a partial offset for the fact I may lose a $1500 tax credit.

It's a good way of looking at it (but I still hope to get both)!
And if the government can get together there might be another stimulus coming.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m not trying to be snarky or sarcastic, but have you also tried reaching out to constituent services for your elected officials and see if some kind of accommodation or extension of the deadlines could be made due to the extenuating circumstances? Our elected officials are human and do try to respond to constituent concerns at times ? maybe point out that there’s a pandemic that’s making things a bit difficult?
That might be something to try next year if it comes to that. It's just a regular income tax credit that would be filled for on a tax return, so lots of time to deal with that after seeing if delivery barely misses 2020.

I might also see if the dealer can do the paperwork early (Dec 30) if it looks like it's gonna show up first week or two of Jan.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
I’m not trying to be snarky or sarcastic, but have you also tried reaching out to constituent services for your elected officials and see if some kind of accommodation or extension of the deadlines could be made due to the extenuating circumstances? Our elected officials are human and do try to respond to constituent concerns at times ? maybe point out that there’s a pandemic that’s making things a bit difficult?
My thoughts exactly. A better chance that lawmakers can extend a rebate given the COVID situation, than Ford can increase production timelines without a risk in quality issues. I'm hoping that Michigan may actually offer an incentive/rebate for 2021 to support a quality Ford BEV product. Or at least repeal the extra registration "tax" we are getting slapped with because we won't be using fossil fuel.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depending on who wins this election and how bad things or good things are next year. With covid, the people buying a vehicle next year could even get more incentives or tax breaks from the government and state.

That is a lot of what-ifs but so is anything during these trying times. But I would hedge my bet that there will be more help coming next year. Then people will be saying you mean you got more off or more benefits than I did purchasing in 2020. well shit.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Just hang in there the mache is coming. I'm sorry this is not JG Wentworth I know you need it now.
Read this and thought: "what is JG Wentworth and how do I know the name?". Then I remembered and started laughing. Fantastic commercial. FYI they brought it back and played it during this year's Tour de France.

When I put the order in at the end of June I told my wife to expect delivery in March, though it might slip to April, or might even show up late February. She was surprised when I told her the build date was November and likely delivery early January.

Which brings up a question: do you have a SWAG as to how long after the start of build week the Mach-E would show up at the dealer? (I realize this is highly variable).

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Depending on who wins this election and how bad things or good things are next year. With covid, the people buying a vehicle next year could even get more incentives or tax breaks from the government and state.
If the Dems take the Senate then for sure a very big stimulus. Probably more than $2.5T. Biden will not make the mistake the Obama Administration did in 2009 by passing an inadequate stimulus and ending up with the worst outcome: complaints about deficit spending AND inadequate stimulus. Better to get the economy back on track and either ignore the deficit criticism (having blown the budget with tax cuts it's not as if the Reps have much of a leg to stand on here) or eliminate the deficit by revoking the last round of corporate tax cuts.

Maybe more electric vehicle incentives but $7500/copy is pretty generous.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would having an invoice from your dealer before the end of the year cover it for the CO tax credit? I’m thinking of this as a backup plan.
Looks like there is a 10 day grace period. Have to take possession within 10 days of a legally binding purchase agreement to get the date (tax year) of the purchase agreement. So a purchase agreement signed Dec 31 would have until Jan 9. Any longer and it reverts to date of possession.
Sponsored