Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I assume this is for the next media event?
Yeah, it is in Southern California somewhere. The same Ford employee was scouting some twisty driving locations along the coast a couple of days ago.

Last time, they started the event on Sunday. If you searched Twitter for Mach-E that day, you could find reporters and YouTubers posting pics from their time with the car. I'm going to do the same thing this weekend and see if anything pops up.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, it is in Southern California somewhere. The same Ford employee was scouting some twisty driving locations along the coast a couple of days ago.

Last time, they started the event on Sunday. If you searched Twitter for Mach-E that day, you could find reporters and YouTubers posting pics from their time with the car. I'm going to do the same thing this weekend and see if anything pops up.
Oh, you mean the 2nd media event. That makes sense. Forgot about that. Probably the same vehicles that were at the Detroit media event. The CA one was scheduled for Dec 10-12, I think? Just a few days prior to the review embargo lifting on Dec 15.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Detroit event where they showed 7 cars lined up had 2 reds. The trailer above shows 3 reds (at least). Looks like there could be more cars this time. Which probably makes sense for CA. Probably more media showing up.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
The Detroit event where they showed 7 cars lined up had 2 reds. The trailer above shows 3 reds (at least). Looks like there could be more cars this time. Which probably makes sense for CA. Probably more media showing up.
It's hard to tell what is what just from stalking their engineers and marketing people. But I think I also so a California Route 1 that was going to be used being driven around on a couple of posts.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

There was Mach E training for the LA dealerships today. I wonder if these cars were involved??? If so these could be the "loaner" (demo cars).

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Oh, you mean the 2nd media event. That makes sense. Forgot about that. Probably the same vehicles that were at the Detroit media event. The CA one was scheduled for Dec 10-12, I think? Just a few days prior to the review embargo lifting on Dec 15.
What embargo??? huh???

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What embargo??? huh???
Reviews from the media event participants can't be published until both media events are complete (the Detroit one last week and the CA one next week). That way participants don't have to rush to one-up each other and put out a sloppy review. They have time to do them full justice this way. Better for the reviewers too, especially during COVID.

They can post known info now (walkaround look and feel stuff) but not actual drive experience stuff and full reviews.

Kyle alluded to it in his video after the Detroit event...