Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
A friend of ours had her father die last night. Went int the hospital for something else and contracted COVID-19. Killed him within 2 weeks. Yes, he was older. Yes he was not in the best health and vulnerable, but would still be here if not for the pandemic. Makes me angry when politicians tell us it is a fake pandemic or that it kills only those old and weak anyway. If it was your dad, that doesn’t matter.
Hug your kids and family. If you are healthy you are blessed. The cars will come and we can have even more fun talking about them.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, I truly enjoy the distraction of this discussion with all of you!

Well said @trutolife27

John
SARS-CoV-2 is a very real, contagious virus. The illness it causes, COVID-19, can affect anyone very severely, which is why EVERYONE should follow the basic public health and hygiene recommendations. Thankfuly, due to some absolutely incredible technology, we have some vaccines coming online, which will ultimately protect us, but until then, we have to be vigilant. And when your opportunity to be vaccinated comes, that is your “job one”.
Sponsored

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i also work at a hospital/clinic in LA.

what’s been scariest the last few weeks along with the sky rocketing numbers (because people needed to work to feed their families, or let their guard down to visit family over the holidays, or younger people with covid fatigue wanting to socialize, etc) is following up with patients after their hospital stay.... as was mentioned, i was expecting older sicker folks, but have called quite a few middle age (ie 50s) relatively healthy people (no cancer, no autoimmune, no diabetes, etc) that nearly died. others have persistent fatigue or joint pains weeks later.

this disease can affect anyone. don’t let it be you or someone you know or care about.

just mask up and distance. and get the vaccine when it’s available to you.

still hoping to get my mach-e sometime in january (11/30 scheduled build date) :)

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
my Route 1 sticker came available 12:10 at noon today show produced 12:17 10 days later. Still has do not ship on sticker. I was told by dealer window sticker could be set later to dealership, but it says do not ship!
My CA Rt 1 sticker this morning has no restrictions. EPA MPGe = 101 (3 mi/kWh). Annual estimated fuel cost $650 (mine will be $0!).

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Of interest to those who've ordered a Mustang Mach-E...

HMMMMMM..... :eek:

Kind of confirms very VERY limited deliveries in 2020, because those very few special people will get them via Truck.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Some discussion a few days ago about whether people with a build week for this week had seen the Ford website update with their vehicle having been built.

I had an 11/23 build week, but the Ford website does not yet show my MME as having been built. I do not have a VIN from my dealer to know if it actually was built and is now waiting for shipment like the other MMEs.

I don’t check this thread for a few days and we smash through 4,000 posts!
You would have to have the VIN.

If I use the shop.ford.com website, sign-in, and then check on my order, it shows only the projected information that I saw before the car was built ... but still does not reflect that the car is built.

If I use the www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker website or Ford tracker website shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status then it does show the date produced (I can see the car is finished).

For my car the "primary" status is "in production" and the "secondary" status is "produced". I am thinking (but do know ... just my hunch) that it wont get a "built" status until OKTB.

To get a real status ... you'll need to call your dealer and get the VIN number (and while you have them on the phone, they can tell you the primary and secondary status on your car). If it was scheduled to build the week of 11/23 ... it's almost certainly produced by now and just waiting for OKTB (and transportation logistics) to allow it to ship.

Reactions: ARK

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
HMMMMMM..... :eek:

Kind of confirms very VERY limited deliveries in 2020, because those very few special people will get them via Truck.
Ah but we don't know where those pics were taken: They could have been leaving a rail yard in KS or MX or MI....

but probably not HI.

Edit: Yup no lat/lon info in the picture's EXIF data.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
OKTB is good to go and the shipping has started. Now, where is the damn fan fair?
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Thanks for your efforts in calming people down.

I, of course, really really want my car ... but not at the expense of someone's health. Be safe.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
OKTB is good to go and the shipping has started. Now, where is the damn fan fair?
Now we'll just move on to obsessing over which have shipped, how fast they're shipping, how they're shipping, tracking down trains and truck haulers, etc.

But really, pretty exciting news!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now we'll just move on to obsessing over which have shipped, how fast they're shipping, how they're shipping, tracking down trains and truck haulers, etc.

But really, pretty exciting news!
Yep. Unfortunately it just changes the thing to be complained about; the complaining itself will continue.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If you're going to comment then I want to see some good memes being excited. If we going to celebrate might as well do it big.
Sponsored