Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Speaking of test drives, are dealerships allowed to give test drives on our Mach E’s to other people until we come pick up our cars? I know we’ve talked about FCTP vehicles being used for that, but almost all new cars have a little bit of mileage on them, and I’ve assumed this has been from test drives.

Maybe special order vehicles are different?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Speaking of test drives, are dealerships allowed to give test drives on our Mach E’s to other people until we come pick up our cars? I know we’ve talked about FCTP vehicles being used for that, but almost all new cars have a little bit of mileage on them, and I’ve assumed this has been from test drives.

IIRC no. I’ll let whoever answered this before substantiate my recollection.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Dont know how it works in the US but here in UK if a dealer has a stock car ie brand new but not allocated he would probably let someone try it if he didn't have a demo. Most dealers would not allow an ordered car to be driven by anyone other than staff. I would be extremely annoyed if my dealer let another customer drive my car. Most dealers won't even allow someone else to sit in a car that is for a customer

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
got about 5 more to go lol
Cant we just send them off to "the other forum"? where people take credit for other man's pictures, copy-paste info from here, lack of respect to each other, etc etc?

Last edited:

Wisconsin Pony Gal

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach 3 Premium AWD (AKA Lightning!)
Country flag
Cant we just send them off to "the other forum"? where people take credit for other man's pictures, copy-paste info from here, lack of respect to each other, etc etc?
Do you mean, like, vote them off the island??

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag

Most decent dealerships won't do that. I suppose they could do it if they wanted to because they own the vehicle before it is sold to you . They usually drive the car before sale to make sure everything is functioning correctly.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
It's your mache special order. No one gets to drive it.
I hope that holds. I can just imagine when ours comes in (it may be the first for my dealer) how many salespeople try to take it for a spin. Hands off!!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I hope that holds. I can just imagine when mine comes in (it may be the first for my dealer) how many salespeople try to take it for a spin. Hands off!!
Your just adding fire to my OCD's :)

Agreed, I am also going to ask them not to prep the interior of the MME. I want to do that my self.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Your just adding fire to my OCD's :)

Agreed, I am also going to ask them not to prep the interior of the MME. I want to do that my self.
Yup, that is what was going through my head last night... picking up our "special order" car, and it having like 50 miles on it already.

Reactions: ARK

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Don’t need a test drive.
Just pull the plastic off, don’t wax or wash it, and let me pick it up.
I have seen and read enough.
I want the car.
You probably want them to remove the brake disk covers while they are at it. Unless you are thinking of using them to make some MME inspired cheesecake. :)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It's Russian disinformation ? (sorry, couldn't resist)
I thought it was Chinese disinformation and the Russians are our dear friends? ???
Sponsored