JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Crazy that my car was built 2 days after yours, but wont be delivered for another 3 weeks after yours. Maybe it's because Indiana is closer to KC than VA. Anyways, I'm happy for you.
I also think that is the case
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Crazy that my car was built 2 days after yours, but wont be delivered for another 3 weeks after yours. Maybe it's because Indiana is closer to KC than VA. Anyways, I'm happy for you.
yeah dave i wish i new that answer for ya.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I thought in another thread someone had worked out that cars going to east-coast states were taking a completely different shipping path than cars going to central states.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I thought in another thread someone had worked out that cars going to east-coast states were taking a completely different shipping path than cars going to central states.
You're probably right. That path would be the 'slower path'. Actually I think it's going to Delaware.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Logistics

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I agree. In my Bolt, I have ATT hot spot and my T-Mobile phone. Sometimes ATT has better reception in a specific spot and sometimes T-Mobile has better reception. Having also tried ATT phones in the Bolt, it appears that the signal is stronger for the car's ATT hotspot than for an ATT phone's hot spot. I have attributed that (correctly or not) to a better antenna with the car and a better antenna location (on the outside of the car versus inside of a metal car). I love always having the best of either service as I travel and want WiFi in my car (or want to make WiFi calls in the car).
I totally understand having better coverage by one provider or another. I grew up in Wisconsin and head back several times a year - or did before Covid. I know all about the dead spots one of my sisters actually drove around testing for dead spots for TDS years ago.
I am just not sure I want to pay for 2 services just to be assured of coverage. I guess I will have to test the heck out of the system during that trial period. ;)

Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I totally understand having better coverage by one provider or another. I grew up in Wisconsin and head back several times a year - or did before Covid. I know all about the dead spots one of my sisters actually drove around testing for dead spots for TDS years ago.
I am just not sure I want to pay for 2 services just to be assured of coverage. I guess I will have to test the heck out of the system during that trial period. ;)
Hopefully this will be much less of an issue in a couple of years once the 5G network gets built out. The super fast version of 5G is publicized most often, but a parallel version I think all the networks are also building should also noticeably improve coverage even if the speeds are only somewhat faster than 4G (which is plenty fast for the types of mobile uses currently in existence).

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
California has the $2500. Here is the bottom line. Options versus a 6 year loan is not much different. In short it is just a matter to own it or dump it in 4 years. The payments for both are really close

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hopefully this will be much less of an issue in a couple of years once the 5G network gets built out. The super fast version of 5G is publicized most often, but a parallel version I think all the networks are also building should also noticeably improve coverage even if the speeds are only somewhat faster than 4G (which is plenty fast for the types of mobile uses currently in existence).
I am wondering though, in order to take advantage of 5G won't we need new hardware in the MachE?
Sponsored