mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
California has the $2500. Here is the bottom line. Options versus a 6 year loan is not much different. In short it is just a matter to own it or dump it in 4 years. The payments for both are really close
So is the main difference is this?
  1. Consistent monthly payment and no lump payment at end.
  2. Smaller monthly payment and a payment at end if you want to keep it.
Tax credit and insurance is the same for both Ford Options & Financing right?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Hopefully this will be much less of an issue in a couple of years once the 5G network gets built out. The super fast version of 5G is publicized most often, but a parallel version I think all the networks are also building should also noticeably improve coverage even if the speeds are only somewhat faster than 4G (which is plenty fast for the types of mobile uses currently in existence).
Higher frequencies have shorter ranges for the same power level, so the ultra wideband 5G will probably have to have a lot of towers close to the roads being travelled for a seamless reception while travelling. I just switched to Verizon in hopes that they will have UW5G in the Seattle area before long.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
California has the $2500. Here is the bottom line. Options versus a 6 year loan is not much different. In short it is just a matter to own it or dump it in 4 years. The payments for both are really close
You could also do Options but then keep it. I have no intentions of leasing, but I’ll do the math to see if Options with $2500 off makes more sense than a regular loan without.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
So is the main difference is this?
  1. Consistent monthly payment and no lump payment at end.
  2. Smaller monthly payment and a payment at end if you want to keep it.
Tax credit and insurance is the same for both Ford Options & Financing right?
Yes. I am doing the financing. The car by all of my research will last between 250-500,000 miles or more. With OTA it is like getting a new car with all of the updates. Theoretically even if you decide to trade it in after 4 years you will likely break even. I just do not want to hassle

1. Worrying how many miles I drive
2. Buying a new car just because it is nice to have one.

My wife and I drive roughly 25,000 miles each pre Covid. We have traded in cars due to being over 100,000 miles and our commute is over mountains. The concept of breaking down on the mountain say at 11pm and having to wait for a tow truck in the middle of no where is just to scary to think about. The is THE why we are buying two MME. That and lots of road trips between SoCal and Seattle as well as others in the west during hockey season. I am VERY tired of car payments. This ends a life long expense of car payments.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I totally understand having better coverage by one provider or another. I grew up in Wisconsin and head back several times a year - or did before Covid. I know all about the dead spots one of my sisters actually drove around testing for dead spots for TDS years ago.
I am just not sure I want to pay for 2 services just to be assured of coverage. I guess I will have to test the heck out of the system during that trial period. ;)
Yes. I really wish they would just let me plug in my own sim card and add the car to my family plan.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Woohoo! The build date was 12/14!

Screenshot_20210101-084740.png
I received the same email on Jan 1st - my build week was 12/14, production date 12/18, and then Build Complete 12/31 (although I am hearing that the facility was closed on 12/31) - so now it is shipping - I live in the Greater Seattle area in Washington state and my estimated arrival dates are 06-12 Feb...

SoCalPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
The car by all of my research will last between 250-500,000 miles or more.
This is quite the claim for a first year vehicle that has only had a handful of actual customer deliveries. Batteries are notoriously tough too. My Kia Soul EV had the main battery replaced under warranty a few years ago. Care to share some of your research with us? That would certainly be great news if true.

SCPony

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The car will last how long! Half a million miles! Wow
It will obsolete itself long before that.

Doesn't mean it won't still hold value, but usually for some used car buyer that is happy with an aging car at a cheap price. But for the kind of people that have the money to plop down $50k+ for a brand new state-of-the-art car, they're likely to get antsy as each new generation of new features and capabilities pass them by LONG before 500,000 miles gets racked up. That's nearly an entire lifetime of driving the average American.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The car will last how long! Half a million miles! Wow
Tesla is estimating 1 million. Ford has a LOT of experience in better technology as well Ashcroft g Tesla employees. 250,000 is minimum. Also I was told that each of the MME battery packs are universal. It takes 6. The estimated cost per pack is about $2000. So even if you had to replace all 6 then $12,000 for a new car is not much. It comes with an 80,000 mile warranty. I wonder if there will be an extended warranty.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It will obsolete itself long before that.

Doesn't mean it won't still hold value, but usually for some used car buyer that is happy with an aging car at a cheap price. But for the kind of people that have the money to plop down $50k+ for a brand new state-of-the-art car, they're likely to get antsy as each new generation of new features and capabilities pass them by LONG before 500,000 miles gets racked up. That's nearly an entire lifetime of driving the average American.
I disagree. First all updates will be available by OTA. Yes new downloads will likely cost extra money but your car will still have all of the new stuff.
Sponsored