Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In many cities its a city ordinance that you can't park in an EV spot unless you're charging. Thus it is a ticketable offense. Just call the meter enforcement officer over.

Note that this also applies to an EV parked there and not charging.
The problem is thus usually happens in private parking lots where the only parking infractions they can enforce are fire lanes and handicapped parking. In many municipalities they can’t even do that, and can only enforce in municipal parking.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Amazon still sells them, Electric Vehicle Hang Tags

1610122057753.png

I've rarely been at a supercharger with more than 1 car already there though. I always managed to avoid the crowded line spots as my road trips were usually off peak season. Plus it's not quite that simple to "just unplug it." Then again, I didn't supercharge that often .
Nice idea but for $15 plus $5 shipping, I could print a lot of my own.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I found our cars, I think they are going to take a while. I understand now why it takes so long.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Over the years I've thought about printing these off to keep in my BEVs. But each time I needed one I just went full Karen and called the management of the store or lot or whatever. There's an eduction process for not only other drivers but businesses that have installed them. In most cases it's their responsibility to patrol these spaces.
Some people might go full Andy when they see you using the Karen slur.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I found our cars, I think they are going to take a while. I understand now why it takes so long.
WTH? Train tracks through the middle of a town on a main road in KY? @trutolife27 what kind of KY madness is this?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What kind of moron thought it was a good idea to have a freight train track running down the middle of a road with vehicular traffic.
My guess would be the town developed around the train track. So not the moron but the idiot that thought it was a good idea to put a town next to the tracks. Convenient right?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, that's just bad municipal planning. A stop sign for trains? Seriously? I totally get that you want your little town to spring up around train tracks, but you don't want to impede them!

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Ok, that's just bad municipal planning. A stop sign for trains? Seriously? I totally get that you want your little town to spring up around train tracks, but you don't want to impede them!
It is a very old town and been like that forever. they just keep the tradition and built around it.
Sponsored