Using Mach-E for long trips

Why do you use (planning to use) Mach-E for long trips?

• Total voters

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
When did it start? They seem to be at home in quarantine here in Tampa - there’s none, seriously.

Just to keep on topic, we use our MME for all of our road trips, …. Because it’s our only car. I have been pleasantly surprised by the EA network. I kind of ordered and bought this car without really researching the road trip aspect. I just figured I’d be charging at home and I’d have another car. Well, early retirement and COVID jumbled things up a bit. We’ve been on two long and several shorter jaunts and I like it so far. My leg length is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours or 180 - 200 miles. The stops are welcome. There are some charger glitches but I’ve never not been able to charge at an EA station. There’s almost never another car. I do wish they were more amenities - like shade, weather protection, etc. but someday there will be and that will probably be when the stations aren’t empty anymore. Seat comfort is great and I love the adaptive CC with lane-keeping. Looking forward to to Blue Cruise.
They really haven’t been that bad this time around! I just carry a spray bottle with me and clean them off every time I stop. I have charged successfully at 4 out of the 5 EA stations tried so far. Gainesville was a total bust! Have you tried the one at Bushnell?
Sponsored

OP
OP
alexgorod

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
You missed a choice. I try to use my Mach E where possible but there are a lot trips I have to take where using an Electric car just sadly is not an option. Not an option as I could say get to my designations but getting home would not be possible. West Texas Sucks.
I am really interested in people choices, but this scenario doesn't really provide any options in regards of using MME for the trip.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I used to be a balls-to-the-wall road warrior. Get there as fast as you can, only stop for fuel and toilet.
I recently did that in my Explorer - couldn't take the Mach-E due to the cargo I was carrying. 735 miles in less than 11 hours, two stops. When I got home, I could barely walk and my back hurt so bad that I couldn't stand upright.
My next trip was 550 miles in the Mach-E. I charged four times (could have done just three), one of which was for lunch. I don't remember exactly, but I think it took me between 10-11 hours. When I arrived I felt so relaxed and not at all fatigued. It's definitely a more pleasant experience.
Even if I'm forced to take my Explorer next time, I'll stop more often and not push it.
driving BEVs is about a mindset change. once we make that switch, driving is more enjoyable

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
They really haven’t been that bad this time around! I just carry a spray bottle with me and clean them off every time I stop. I have charged successfully at 4 out of the 5 EA stations tried so far. Gainesville was a total bust! Have you tried the one at Bushnell?
I’ve used Gainesville twice. The first time was good, the second in mid July was not. I’ve used Bushnell a couple times with no problems. Lake City off of I-10 worked well. It’s at a gas station, which I thought was great until I saw the men’s room. Made Walmart look like a spa!
Sponsored