JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Canceled my order as it has no status updates since several months. And I have my MME.
Sponsored

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
A total of 311 units were unloaded in Baltimore during February from three different ships originating in Emden. Given the proximity, maybe one will show up at my local VW dealer soon.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Just called my dealer, says he hopes they should get their first one in the next week so looking forward to taking it for a ride. Might be one pro of my Mach E getting forever delayed is a chance to check out some other cars

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Just called my dealer, says he hopes they should get their first one in the next week so looking forward to taking it for a ride. Might be one pro of my Mach E getting forever delayed is a chance to check out some other cars
VW is having a "Road Show" where they schedule test drives. I know they are in Southern California from March 4-7. I have a test drive scheduled for later today.
I know I'm not interested in the RWD model, but it will give me a feel for what the vehicle is like. I would consider the AWD version.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
VW is having a "Road Show" where they schedule test drives. I know they are in Southern California from March 4-7. I have a test drive scheduled for later today.
I know I'm not interested in the RWD model, but it will give me a feel for what the vehicle is like. I would consider the AWD version.
Yeah, would have loved to do the road show but its not until June here in Chicago (and it's not really in Chicago) which if my MachE still hasn't shown up by then we'll have bigger problems

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
With temps in the 40s (F), Tom Moloughney got 234 miles at 70mph and recharged from 2% to 80% in 38 minutes.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah, would have loved to do the road show but its not until June here in Chicago (and it's not really in Chicago) which if my MachE still hasn't shown up by then we'll have bigger problems
VW dealers will have their demo cars well before June. They are not arriving in large numbers yet, but 654 id.4 have arrived from Emden in 2021 so that's an improvement.

Ford Mustang Mach-E VW ID.4 Unveiled Today Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.23.19 AM

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I spent about 10 minutes driving one yesterday and was pretty impressed. It was a First Edition. I went on a four-mile loop that included a couple miles of freeway driving. It was surprisingly peppy, considering the specs I had read. Build quality looked pretty good. The interface for the climate, radio, etc. was pretty intuitive, but I didn't have enough time to do more than give it a quick spin and kick the tires. Of course, it isn't as sexy as the MME, but the AWD version of that car would be pretty fun to drive and very functional.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That ID.4 is AWD. It goes pretty good. Not as quick at my FE but still respectable for what it is.
All the ID.4 now, including the FE "1st" (I got really close to buying one, two CX FE reservations), are RWD. The AWD is later, possibly now as late as fall. It's a pretty nice EV, at a reasonable price (1st was around $45k with delivery charge before incentives).

As close as I got, twice, I really don't like the white steering wheel, steering column and white displays with the dark interior (all 1st, I reserved a dusk blue both times). That was not my final reason to go MME, but I sure am glad I don't have to deal with it. No offense to those who like white interiors, it was the conflict of dark grey/white that I really do not like. VW says they wanted some "pop", they can have it. To me, it looks like they did not order enough dark grey parts (they call it black), and had to use the surplus white parts :)

Last edited: