we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23)

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I received my @AOSK rear door handle kit today! 😍🔥🔥

They were packaged/protected pretty well.

I look forward to installing them sometime over the next day or so!

Ford Mustang Mach-E we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23) 20220516_210627
lovely! make sure to press tight before installing the bolts

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Instant purchase for me, kiddo loves pushing the button to open the door and gives me a mini heart attack when she has to reach into the door jamb to open it. 👍
Totally get it, but if it makes you feel any better, there’s a kick stand that comes out of the rear door that prevents it from being closed.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Totally get it, but if it makes you feel any better, there’s a kick stand that comes out of the rear door that prevents it from being closed.
I do actually after all the info in this thread, however, we have another vehicle so it is still not a habit I want her picking up just yet. :)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
lovely! make sure to press tight before installing the bolts
I did this for both sides, but I get a popping sound when it unlocks on the passenger side... and it is scratching the rear trim. The driver's side does not have this problem.

Ford Mustang Mach-E we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23) 007.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
I did this for both sides, but I get a popping sound when it unlocks on the passenger side... and it is scratching the rear trim. The driver's side does not have this problem.

Ford Mustang Mach-E we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23) 007.JPG
please dm me your address and name to contact, i will send you a replacement

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
please dm me your address and name to contact, i will send you a replacement
Thank you, DM sent. That's very kind of you.

Overall I think they look like they're original equipment. They are slightly thinner material than the originals, but I'm really nit-picking about that. The adhesive is very strong -- to the point that I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get them off when my replacements arrive.

For people with children, or others like myself who just think it's a better way to get people into the back seat (that feeling of sticking your fingers along the cruddy edge of a door to get in isn't everyone's cup of tea) I would recommend getting them.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
I just received mine and installed them. Very nice, but I’m concerned with the leverage it’s putting on the outer door sill. Anyone else noticing that when you pull open the door it pulls the sill away a small bit?

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I just received mine and installed them. Very nice, but I’m concerned with the leverage it’s putting on the outer door sill. Anyone else noticing that when you pull open the door it pulls the sill away a small bit?
Yes, I noticed that, too.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
I'll be honest, I'm very concerned about two things, both related to the leverage that it's putting on the door sills. The first is how loose it's going to become over time, with repeated usage. The second is what's going to happen if someone pushes the button and instinctively pulls the door handle very hard before the car door opens.

@KevinS Let me know how your efforts go when removing the door handle for replacement. I'd like to know how easily it removes. I'm assuming some Glue Gone, a blow dryer, and a plastic leverage tool will help, along with some patience.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
We thought these looked kinda cool and decided to give them a try (we don't really need them as we're rarely in the back seat). Overall we're happy with them. My only "complaint" would be they move a little when you use them. Not that they feel broken, they just don't feel "factory tight". I'm guessing the factory front handles are held in by more than one screw and adhesive?

One other observation is they're further "behind" the button...the front handles feel right below the button, where these are shifted a little further toward the back. Not a big deal, but it makes it a little harder to open the door in "one motion"...something I can almost do with the front doors.

Still...cool idea, thanks for making these!

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3172.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

OP
OP
AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
We thought these looked kinda cool and decided to give them a try (we don't really need them as we're rarely in the back seat). Overall we're happy with them. My only "complaint" would be they move a little when you use them. Not that they feel broken, they just don't feel "factory tight". I'm guessing the factory front handles are held in by more than one screw and adhesive?

One other observation is they're further "behind" the button...the front handles feel right below the button, where these are shifted a little further toward the back. Not a big deal, but it makes it a little harder to open the door in "one motion"...something I can almost do with the front doors.

Still...cool idea, thanks for making these!

Ford Mustang Mach-E we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23) IMG_3169

Ford Mustang Mach-E we made a rear door handle (little update on front door delete 6/23) IMG_3169

Hi would you mind dm me your order ID, we will send you some other type of tape that should make it factory tight.
we also notice the current tape seems not a perfect solution for a summer day. as you said, "not factory tight". so we made some new tape, and we will send it to every owner that is uncomfortable with the current tape.
simply dm me the order ID in the forum, or send me a message on amazon. we will send them out right away.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Frankly I don’t think I need rear handles or front ones for that matter. If I could get rid of the front handles I would be happy.
Sponsored