skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I do get the LVB drain message BUT it's only after two days of non-use and I have a 3 camera dashcam with sentry mode turned on. One of my two fobs or PaaK are always within 30ft when home but I have not noticed any abnormal welcome lights behavior. I will change my garage camera to record more often and report back.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
88 KWh battery plug into a 240V feed and you can not wake it up a couple of times? Not a user problem that the cars 12V dies it is a car problem. Should be able to wake it up a 100 times a day and the HVB keeps the CMOS battery charged. I think that is physically possible and in the realm of engineering. Software may fix it.

From the Weber video 3:18 there is a power supply in these cars and the 12V is only the cmos (spark of life) so not sure how if it dies when driving that would be the 12V? It would be the power supply (DC/DC) or contacts since it does not get it's juice from the 12V when under power.

Avoid the car with our phones and start turning off settings? Not going to happen here. Not interested operating in fear just because the car can not maintain it's 12V. Should maintain the 12V under normal operating conditions.

You sure about that? I am probably the only person who has a constant 12v monitor on my LVB with data going back over 6 months. 12.3v/12.2v is the lowest I can go (sustained, low load) before the car kicks in the DC/DC to top up the LVB. By my limited battery knowledge that would be 50-60% SOC.

Is that documented? Not doubting you, just never seen that before.
Maybe a std battery you are remembering? I would like to see the agm never be below 12.5V but it is and is a lot. Too low soc for cold climates imho. Wonder if you left it in -30C for a couple of days at 20% soc (12.2V) if it would freeze up solid enough to make the 12V casing bulge out? May be hard to close contacts at that stage even if just slushy.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Welcome Lighting May Drain 12V Battery Capture.PNG