MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
3.7 is the norm when not using the heat in my SR AWD. My usual 50 mile round trip consumes 20% of the charge like clockwork, so the 3.7MPK is pretty accurate - 3.7 x 68 = 251. Yet my GOM never displays more than 220-230.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Greymalken

First Name
Grey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT EX4
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
So my initial reasoning behind this thread, aside from just data, was to compare the differences in miles/kWh between GT and non-GT MMEs. I was wondering what had a bigger impact, the 300A vs 400A architecture or RWD vs AWD.

Obviously there are A LOT of other variables but, you know, curiosity.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So my initial reasoning behind this thread, aside from just data, was to compare the differences in miles/kWh between GT and non-GT MMEs. I was wondering what had a bigger impact, the 300A vs 400A architecture or RWD vs AWD.

The problem is that temperature and speed have a huge affect on the mi/kwh, and most respondents are not giving you that data. Saying "I get 4 mi/kwh" is meaningless without saying "at 40mph on flat roads in 70 degree temperatures". Our friends in Alaska get very different results than those in southern California with exactly the same model of car.

Tom Moloughney has a youtube channel on which he drives various models on the NJ turnpike at a constant 70mph, but even that testing is flawed because he does the testing in different temps and wind conditions.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
In Connecticut, had the car for 1 week, most trips have been under 5 -10 miles. Low to mid 3's mostly, got 4.2 on a 44 mile trip in a lot of traffic, 99% brake score, 93% efficiency (whatever those actually mean). Return trip, not as much traffic, and playing with my wife in her new Taycan, got 3.2. There was also a whale tale 911, an F-Type, and a sweet looking M8 that played along at times, which may have impacted our driving styles.

Best recorded trip so far was 3.2 miles on Sunday, I got 64.6 mi/kWh. I don't recall 3 miles of downhill with a tailwind and a tow vehicle, so it may be that the calculations are...inconsistent...

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Premium AWD ER. I don't have a charger at home so I can't precondition. In the summer I usually get around 2.6/2.7. In the winter I usually get closer to 1.8-2.0.

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
2022 MME GT here -
On highways at an avg speed of 70mph I'll average 2.9 to 3.1 depending on terrain. In city driving it's between 3.5 and 4.4, depending on whether I'm mostly uphill or downhill. I keep my performance setting in the middle between whisper and unbridled - forgot what it was called. They should just call it "boring" :D

Rpgonzalez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

Same here. Looks to me like the GT's are losing about something like .5mi /kwh over non-GT. BUT:

While I cant seem to find a pattern with SR AWD vs RWD, the extended range battery is what's knocking an extra .2-.5 mi/kwh off. Seems like with extended range batteries with AWD, access to more juice can either be used (worse efficiency) or not used (grandma drivers are seeing similarities despite trim levels). 0-60 data somewhat support this.

Looks like the 400A architecture will lose efficiency no matter what, but the biggest thing is probably the average GT owner probably drives harder.

Anyway, I have an AWD Extended Range getting 3.3mi/kwh over 1000 miles in Los Angeles mixed driving (rarely exceeding 75 mph)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

I average 3.3 miles/kWh.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm averaging around 2.7-2.8 in the GT.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
All of my miles are per kWh so far. :-O ;-)

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
GT, mix of city, back roads, highway, mostly warm weather so far. I figure 3 is doing just fine, 2.6 or below I wonder why, but there's usually a good, identifiable reason.

I don't pay much attention to it, but it's a bit of an early warning system. Not sure yet what it might warn me of, but when it does, I'll be ready!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
On the highway with my cruise set at 80, my typical efficiency is 2.4 mi/kWh. But thst includes slower driving when I come up on a knot of traffic. A majority of my driving is at the cruise control speed, but the impact of slower speed due to congestion is not insignificant.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have a premium AWD extended battery. With CR1 wheels and non low resistance tires. During the summer it got 3.3 to 3.4 on the highway @ 75mph. We are getting close to winter so it's starting to drop. Last winter with 18" winter tires it averages 2.5mi/kwh when preheated less if not

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Did 120miles today, mostly highway, AWD Select, 4 people with luggage, cruise set at 70 and 75 the whole way and 68-74 degrees, auto climate on 70, 3.1 mi/kw
Sponsored