What About Ceramic Coating?

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Here's a good detailer You Tube channel that you might like, you will find evrything you need to know there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE0kcuDlwjfP2982jVH6WkQ
Ha-ha - I just started watching him 10 minutes before I've read your post :) ? I am thinking about using 303 Graphene based on one of his recent videos. Seems like it provides result similar to CQuartz but with less effort. Maybe I am mistaken - I continue learning and watching.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Ha-ha - I just started watching him 10 minutes before I've read your post :) ? I am thinking about using 303 Graphene based on one of his recent videos. Seems like it provides result similar to CQuartz but with less effort. Maybe I am mistaken - I continue learning and watching.
My wife’s Fusion Energi after applying the 303 Graphene.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? EC2A569B-6BB1-4834-990D-C188EBB2B0E3

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Is that South Sister? Perhaps from Mt Bachelor?
Mt Hood from Timberline lodge. We just got back from there again... A lot more snow this time! :) I wanted to test my new winter tires, Vredestein Wintrac pros. All I can say is WOW! Best winter tire I've ever had. I haven't been able to try them in ice yet, but on dry pavement, wet pavement, packed snow and deep snow they are outstanding. Quiet and good rolling resistance too... Kind of a magic tire! We drove right by an Audi that was stuck in the un-plowed parking lot. (It took seven of us digging and a big 4x4 to get him out of the lot.) 7" of new Cascade Concrete on top of packed snow. I was a little nervous pulling in to the lot, just the stuck Audi and some big 4x4s dared the snowplow berm to get in. We did great! I've had good luck with X-ice and Blizaaks in the snow and ice, but both of those are so poor in the wet, not to mention loud and high rolling resistance. I am now officially a Vredestein fanboy! :)

Endokendal

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach E, 2018 Mustang GT 6-Speed
Country flag
My beauty finally arrived Friday... spent all day today polishing off all the hard water spots all over from being outside for the last month and putting a C-Quartz ceramic coating on... now the finish is perfect! I love the C-Quartz... I’ve used it on my other Mustangs for years... so much better than waxing every month.
Here‘s Daddy Mustang and Big Baby Mach E together in the corral...

A2DC2861-CE50-4E89-BF33-35C91375DD77.jpeg

42C26467-3A78-4628-BAA9-1D258B3F2DE7.jpeg

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My beauty finally arrived Friday... spent all day today polishing off all the hard water spots all over from being outside for the last month and putting a C-Quartz ceramic coating on... now the finish is perfect! I love the C-Quartz... I’ve used it on my other Mustangs for years... so much better than waxing every month.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? 42C26467-3A78-4628-BAA9-1D258B3F2DE7

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? 42C26467-3A78-4628-BAA9-1D258B3F2DE7
Looks awesome

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag

did you have to do much paint color correction first?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Xpel on the hood and partial fenders saves on stone chips. It works have done my last 2 cars with it.

Endokendal

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE Mach E, 2018 Mustang GT 6-Speed
Country flag
did you have to do much paint color correction first?
Im not sure what kind of paint color correction you are talking about? No, I just used an orbital polisher with a good compound to remove all the water marks and blemishes in the finish coat before applying the C Quartz...
I’ll get an Xpel film bra installed on the front now that I’ve got the whole car coated... I have one on my other Mustang and it really saves the paint from all the sandblasting on the road.

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
I just applied the Adam's Polish ceramic coating this weekend. Took about 90 minutes to complete the entire car and it came out great. I have used this same process on my prior vehicles and the protection was great! Makes washing a breeze and facilitates an easy wipe down instead of frequent washes.

Here is a video of the DIY process I used:

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? Mach E 1

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? Mach E 2

Last edited:

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I just applied the Adam's Polish ceramic coating this weekend. Took about 90 minutes to complete the entire car and it came out great. I have used this same process on my prior vehicles and the protection was great! Makes washing a breeze and facilitates an easy wipe down is all you need instead of frequent washes.

How long did it last before you had to reapply on your prior vehicles? Were your prior vehicles garaged or not?

R7206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Country flag
How long did it last before you had to reapply on your prior vehicles? Were your prior vehicles garaged or not?
I usually keep cars 2.5 years and none have ever needed a second coat. If you use their ceramic boost product after every other wash or so, you should be fine for a while. All of my vehicles are garaged at home (night), but not at work (direct sunlight). I have never really noticed any degradation from the first application and have always done it the first weekend I have the vehicle.

Works best with a "clay bar mitt wash" beforehand to remove any oxidation/buildups from shipping or storage.

Reactions: abr

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I bought some graphene spray months ago after watching some of the posted videos, hoping to avoid the full day(s) of wax application- will use the paint cleaner "chocolate sauce" first before getting the PPF install, then graphene after. Just waiting for the project to arrive.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? IMG_6088

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
My FE MMS is the 2nd car I did CeramicPro on. My other Mustang GT was done 3 years ago and honestly I think it looks just as good now. The full-exterior application on the MME cost me $800. I only hand wash it, because taking it to an automatic wash would defeat the whole purpose, however I use Optimum NoRinse which makes the process a lot quicker and easier.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
After much research early on I decided to give DIY a shot and I chose Ethos Graphene Coating.
They had some deals during the holidays so I bought their package option with enough for a couple vehicles.
I‘ve never done any coatings other then wax and detail spray in the past.
I got a chance to coat my wife’s truck just 2 days ago and I think it turned out great.

They say 1 coat lasts 5 years and I did 2 coats FWIW on a supercrew f150 used about 60 ml of the stuff. And I coated paint and glass.

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? 9497696D-4B74-4872-8025-396196CF2A9D

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? D2AD0454-9AA8-4311-BB37-0A568B08C650

Last edited:

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? D2AD0454-9AA8-4311-BB37-0A568B08C650

Well done, sir! ?something to appreciate for sure.