Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
We have an electric lawnmower and leaf blower, etc. but when our 30th wedding anniversary to St. Lucia got canceled due to Covid last year, I used some of the refund money to buy my wife and I E-bikes (Rad Rover5). We absolutely love them. Anyway, when I started watching videos for the Mach-E (I never followed Teslas) I felt like I understood that feeling I was seeing expressed in all the videos when someone would step on the throttle. I had that same feeling (on a smaller scale) with the throttle of my E-bike.
So, it is really because of the great experience I had with the E-bike that led me to buy the Mach-E. And it was my experience with the Mach-E that led me to put in an order for a Mach-E GTPE tonight!! Crazy world. We also put in a reservation for the Lightning on the first day due to the Mach-E.
Sponsored

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I don’t currently have any other electrified vehicles, but I am looking at also buying a 2021 minivan for hauling the whole family around (need the third row). The main hybrid options are the Chrysler Pacifica (a plugin) and Toyota Sienna (non-plugin).

The Pacifica is the only plugin 3-row family vehicle in existence and also gets better range than most plugin hybrids (33 miles EPA): enough to do our daily work commute without ever using gas. This is also interesting since only plugins qualify for the $7,500 tax credit and I already need to hire an electrician for the Mach-E so might as well put two chargers in (or just share one since I won’t need to plug in the mach-E every day). The downside is that the Chrysler hybrid system’s reliability has not been good since that design launched in 2017. I have heard of many reported quality issues. It seems pretty tacked-on and not really implemented very well. If anyone has any experience with the Pacifica Hybrid, let me know.

The Toyota seems like the safer option, but is still basically a gas burner; but has efficiency ratings more like a small car instead of a hulking people mover. Sadly, doesn’t qualify for tax credits. The car only comes as a hybrid (was designed ground up to be one) and Toyota is very experienced with Pure Hybrid systems and has proven reliability and optimizations. It is the most efficient for long road trips because of this.
I have a 2018 Pacifica and LOVE it. We charge on our existing 120v service. We have never had any problems with charging or with the car, except for one recall. It is so comfortable for road trips. It is what convinced me to order a full EV. I don’t get the full 33 miles—maybe 26-28 on electric. But I think I last put gas in the tank in August—2 months ago—and that was on a 300 mile road trip. My current mpg is 53.3 as it’s getting cooler here in the Midwest. We go south for the winter so I can’t vouch for its performance in really cold weather.

I will say it doesn’t have many EV-related bells and whistles. You plug it in and it charges. No setting for a certain percentage of charge, etc. I have appreciated the simplicity but hope it isn’t too hard on the battery over the long run.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
60V Lawn mower, trimmer, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, and snow blower.

Also installed solar a year and a half ago (might need to add a couple panels to offset increase usage from charging the MME).

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I'm going to be putting in a lawn that measures about 12 x 12 feet. Don't laugh, I live on a hillside. I'll be getting a cordless lawn mower for it.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
We have an electric lawnmower and leaf blower, etc. but when our 30th wedding anniversary to St. Lucia got canceled due to Covid last year, I used some of the refund money to buy my wife and I E-bikes (Rad Rover5). We absolutely love them. Anyway, when I started watching videos for the Mach-E (I never followed Teslas) I felt like I understood that feeling I was seeing expressed in all the videos when someone would step on the throttle. I had that same feeling (on a smaller scale) with the throttle of my E-bike.
So, it is really because of the great experience I had with the E-bike that led me to buy the Mach-E. And it was my experience with the Mach-E that led me to put in an order for a Mach-E GTPE tonight!! Crazy world. We also put in a reservation for the Lightning on the first day due to the Mach-E.
My Wife and I also have Rad Rovers!! Ironically we were doing a trail ride which passed by a Ford dealer that had a demo Mach-E. This was the first time that we saw one up close and took it for a short test drive. Then we called our local Ford dealer and did some serious test driving with their Demo!! :)

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
My Wife and I also have Rad Rovers!! Ironically we were doing a trail ride which passed by a Ford dealer that had a demo Mach-E. This was the first time that we saw one up close and took it for a short test drive. Then we called our local Ford dealer and did some serious test driving with their Demo!! :)
Haha. Ford didn't know that should sell e-bikes and put trails around their dealerships! Think of the business they could do! ?

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
Toothbrush.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I live in a hilly neighborhood, so I bought an e-bike. It is a Juiced Hyper Scorpion. Love the instant torque acceleration, the bike tops out at about 32 mph. It helps me get up the hills, and I get good exercise. I leave it in a lower assist mode and pedal 99% of the time. Throttle only rides are just for fun.
I also got rid of my gas/corded stuff: string trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw, and hedge trimmer, drill, circular saw, etc and replaced them with Ryobi battery powered tools. Love them! Not having to mess with trying to start a small engine and smoke is so nice. Can't do a battery powered lawn mower as I mow about 2 acres that is hilly. Maybe one of these days.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I personally have complete eletrificed my lawn equipment and zero regrets. So much easier to deal with just slapping a battery in the mower and going. I plan on converting my heating system for my house over to dual fuel when I need to replace my AC unit. Might as well go all the way to a heat pump then having the gas heater as the backup.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
56v EGO Power+ String trimmer and leaf blower

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
All Ryobi 18v One+ System = powerwasher, hedge trimmer, weed eater, leaf blower, circular saw, reciprocating saw, drill, air compressor, and more to come.....

Last edited:

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
I have this cute little mower that has Li-ion batteries. I hated dealing with those lead acid ones in the past on a golf cart. This is a great little mower and hauls things too with a hitch on the back. So quiet that I can listen to my podcasts or audio books while I mow. But wow, I think the price has gone up a lot since I bought it last year!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Weibang...tric-Rear-Engine-Riding-Mower-WB76E/307713734

Also have all the Greenworks devices like blower, chainsaw, and weed eater. So easy to swap the batteries around.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Moved from pure ICE to hybrid in 2002 and have owned a hybrid ever since. There's finally an EV worth moving to in 2022 (Mustang).
Also have:
  • an electric chainsaw for small jobs;
  • e-bikes;
  • snow blower (never had a gas one);
  • [have a gasoline motorcycle, would love to replace with an electric as soon as something affordable is available]

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
True. My e-bike weighs in at 70lbs, pretty hefty. It is a beast, however, and will go through anything with the fat tires.
I have the Lectric XP fat tire bike its about 65 lbs but great bike I have 2000 miles on it already and ride it everwhere. Has pedal assist and throttle. I pedal 99% of the time. its very sturdy and goes over anything.

lectric xp.jpg
Sponsored