Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
On the screen behind the steering wheel, on the bottom line, left side, is a symbol that looks like a snowflake with a ski on each side. I thought perhaps this was telling me that the temp was close to freezing, but it was still there at 39 degrees. I don't find this in the manual. Does the GT have a different manual?
Sponsored

xlfqvrcoas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1
Country flag
On the screen behind the steering wheel, on the bottom line, left side, is a symbol that looks like a snowflake with a ski on each side. I thought perhaps this was telling me that the temp was close to freezing, but it was still there at 39 degrees. I don't find this in the manual. Does the GT have a different manual?
I see that on my CR1 too. Since I've had the car only for a week and its been cold for a month in Michigan, am not sure at what temp that starts showing up.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
It's a warning for "potentially icy conditions." It's orange over a certain temperature and red below a certain temperature.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
On page 18 of the manual begins a symbols glossary. That symbol is of course not listed...

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
This one?
It is a frost warning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is this symbol? 1637603091048
Thank you all, I thought that was it, but not certain since it was still on at 39 degrees. When I step on the go pedal hard, my car sways from side to side as it accelerates, so I was wondering if I had some traction setting turned off. Perhaps it's just these OEM continental tires, they will be gone today.

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
On page 18 of the manual begins a symbols glossary. That symbol is of course not listed...
Yeah, I looked in there and I did not see it either. That made me wonder if it was new on the GT and an updated manual might have it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So, basically the car is telling me it's freezing outside as if I couldn't feel it with my skin?
Many cars have had something like this for years. It's supposed to alert drivers of deteriorating conditions that they may not be aware of in the middle of a journey. My 2000 F150 had it.

I guess you could stick your hand out the window every hour or so and check that way. :D

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Many cars have had something like this for years. It's supposed to alert drivers of deteriorating conditions that they may not be aware of in the middle of a journey. My 2000 F150 had it.

I guess you could stick your hand out the window every hour or so and check that way. :D
That happened to me one time. I left Phoenix at 80 degrees in shorts and a t-shirt and then stepped out of the car in Albuquerque in 25 degree weather and froze my *** off! :)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So, basically the car is telling me it's freezing outside as if I couldn't feel it with my skin?
At least it tells you quietly. My Outlander PHEV would ding every time the temp was below 37F and pop up a warning message. I really didn’t need that every day for 5 months out of the year.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag

Oh ok, interesting. I've never heard of this type of feature. I've only owned Ford Focuses since I've been driving. 20 years, 3 Ford Focuses.
Sponsored