Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Prem Ext Range AWD
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
I concur with the reverse light. They really need to place white lights in with the rest of the brake lights on the rear of the car.
As an owner of 2 Mustang's before my Mach-e... that's a "mustang feel" design. :)
Sponsored

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Plugshare read the recent comments of your picked chargers. They can give you a clue if all is working ok or if you should pick an alternate.
I do all that, that is part of what I see as a con of the MME.

It will be a con until I can get in my car and take a trip that involves 1 or more DCFC without having to plan out stops and alternate stops.

It will be a con until I can reliable arrive at a DCFC and not have to wait my turn.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Cons, and I really have to dig deep on these:
1) Could use a HUD, the only tech that was pushing me to Kia/Hyundai
2) Would love adjustable 1 pedal. I could use ever so slightly more regen, I almost never touched the brakes in my Bolt, but have to on occasion in the MME (I am really nitpicking here)
3) The looks from straight behind. Every other angle this car is beautiful, but staring straight at the back, I would say it could stand to loose a few pounds in the rear end (it has a fat ass)
4) Lack of a regen meter, on the Leaf and Bolt it was fun to watch, just a simple slide bar, or color indicator that shows how much regen vs power you are currently using.

Last edited:

Gumber

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
I would say my issues with my Mach-e are:

1. They need to add an option to auto reset the range after every charge/start.

2. I've already changed my rear window wiper for a longer one. The factory shipped wiper far to short

3. For an EV, they really should've included a "dash cam" in the front windshield console... or at least added a USB port up there for a cleaner look.

I think that's pretty much it for me. Just nitpicking "issues"

Gumber

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Management
Country flag
4) Lack of a regen meter, on the Leaf and Bolt it was fun to watch, just a simple slide bar, or color indicator that shows how much regen vs power you are currently using.
Hey... I like that idea!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hey... I like that idea!
The GT models have it. You can enable it in other models with FORScan as long as your car is newer than a 2021 Job 1.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I'm still building my list. But most of mine is actual issues with a 1.5 yr old car. job1 dec20 car.

OTA sucks

Screen is laggy (wasn't that way when I bought it but it is 3 weeks later)

Settings locations are annoying. Why do I need to click 3 things to adjust my bass or mids?

Fordpass and it's obvious disconnect between the car. (I was checking this while I had my 12v battery disconnected attempting to jumpstart a stuck canceled update, FordPass didn't query the car from the web or tell me the car wasn't found it just showed a 45 min old snapshot)

After a master reset 5 days later I was able to put my home location back into FP even though I charged 7 times up to 100% yay..)

Overly rough ride for anything other than a GTPE with Magna... (ridiculous)

Lack of soft touch things where they should be. Sunglasses holder that's completely empty? Really? Is this 1923?

Profile snafu (today you're a guest in this car, tomorrow we'll move the seat to be someone in another parking lot, day after you'll be you again but we're going to mess up the audio settings until you click 3 times to fix it at which we'll change it to your settings just to mess with you)

Reality is without this forum and reddit I wouldn't even know that some of this stuff is happening. Which helps sour the mood or annoy you with the ability to fix if for them when it shouldn't have been broke to start with.

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
The GT models have it. You can enable it in other models with FORScan as long as your car is newer than a 2021 Job 1.
I've seen that, so just give us all a toggle to enable! I dont want to start tinkering with the car like that personally.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
100% the biggest con of the mach-e is not having heat pump. Winter range and heating would be a lot better with one.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Surprised no one has mentioned this - DCFC charging curve. Literally the dumbest algorithm of any recent EV. That, and not giving any useful information about charging speeds or as someone said above - a power meter.

After working in RF for many, many years, not sure why people love wireless anything. Wireless is always a crapshoot for so many reasons, plus it drains your battery in no time. I sort of wish wireless Android Auto isn't forced down our throats (I'm hearing that Android is disabling the toggle for whether or not wireless is enabled and just forcing to enabled all the time).

All the other software bugs don't prevent me from getting to my destination in a timely manner. A car should be a car first, not a portable infotainment center.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Some cons would be more model specific than others.

1. Lack of custom drive mode. Have to pick your poison with Lift off regen / Steering weight and Throttle mapping all being coupled to a drive mode.
2. No heated rear seats / ventilated front seats.
3. No ski hatch pass through rear seat.
4. Generally poor use of the available real-estate on the driver display, microscopic power meter etc.
5. Overall interior materials quality not up to the price point (should be at platinum / vignale level).

For GTPE seeing as they where marketed on performance.

9. Steering ratio of a bus.
10. 5 second power limitations.
11. Overall poor traction and average handling setup, far below performance ford standards should do better from AWD and the super fine control Electric motors offer even when taking into account ev tires. Keeping with the mustang name it needs to be far more mustang PP2 and far less mustangs leaving cars and coffee that it is now.
12. Magneride setting coupled to drive mode (see 1)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Lack of front tow hook threads in bumper.

Lack of any rear tow points.

Only 2 tie-down points in the back of the bed.

5-second limit.

Order bundling of 360 cameras with glass roof.

Regen rate tied to drive mode.

🤷‍♂️🐩

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Most of the 'cons" here fall into a few general categories - it's a new model, it's an EV, it's a Ford.

Laggy, buggy, bad OTA - it's a new model, it's an EV, AND it's a Ford...
Odd engineering or design choices - it's a new model, and it's a Ford.
Drives like a school bus - it's a Mustang...
Settings aren't very adjustable (drive modes, regen, etc) - it's a new model
DCFC is unreliable - it's an EV

It's Ford's EV car. It's exactly that. Nothing, to my mind, overtly bad about it. Nothing, honestly, especially fantastic about it. It does look good, it can be pretty quick, it's pretty practical. It's kinda slow, it handles like a lumber truck, and I keep waiting for plasticky bits to fall off.

I would give it a good, solid "meh." I wouldn't strongly recommend it, but I don't think I'd try to talk someone out of getting one, either.