BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love my car. It’s got some issues, but it’s still the nicest car I’ve owned.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
My biggest peeve that makes me hate the car -- the double honking to tell me I tried to lock my phone in the car that's actually in my pocket. First of all, the car has the number pad to get in if I did lock my key/phone inside. Secondly, the double honk is obnoxious and I'm sure it's woken my neighbors late at night. Third, when pressing the trunk close button to walk to get in the car while it's raining, it's very annoying to have to walk back to press the button two times to get it to close from its half closed position.

1) Let us disable the the key left inside detection. We're adults and can be responsible for our own actions. 2) Let us change the double honk everywhere it's used to a much more subtle noise from the reverse sound speaker.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Ford's software, the app, the car and their website all suck big time.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Ford's software, the app, the car and their website all suck big time.
A general rule I find that with fords sync software is to treat the version number as marks out of ten rating and it will you a good idea what to expect when you use it so roll on Sync10.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I feel like I must have purchased a completely different car.
I could nit-pick a few things.
I don't like the location of the HVAC controls.
The car seems to think whomever opens any door first is the driver, so sometimes I have to select my profile instead of my wife's because she got into the passenger seat first.
I wouldn't mind a better DCFC charge curve, but so far I haven't found myself too bothered by the charge times. It's nice to have time to take a walk while going on a long trip.

But, then I grew up driving rebuilt, Frankenstein's monster junkers from the salvage yard that others had thrown away, so a car this nice is the most luxurious thing I've ever even been in.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
All the software bugs. But yes, the biggest is consistency in connecting to the phone. A lot of time I have to reboot to get it to connect to my phone.
It is so obvious that the connected phone, and also the last tuned radio station should be tied to the driver profile. But it is not. Every time I get in the car and my wife was the last driver, it connects to her phone and has the radio tuned to her station. I change it, she then drives and everything is set to my phone and radio station. Dumb design.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The stiff, jarring suspension on less-than-perfect city roads.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I hate free charging. It makes refueling my car on road trips a very stressful experience.

MrPeanut

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm having a series of "Gremlins" in my '22 Premium.

1. Random single swipes of the windshield wipers. Courtesy wipe function is turned off.
2. Starting the car and the radio comes on when it was left off after driving it the last time.
3. If the radio/EC was left on, then starting the car and it changes the input.
4. Error message "Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available" as I was backing into the garage.
5. Playing music through USB port and the screen goes completely white! Have to reselect the input to get the display back.
6. Error message "The Active Media Player on the connected device does not support the browse feature." I wasn't trying to browse at the time and knew it wouldn't work anyway.
7. Tried to access the online Owner's Manual from the car and got the message: "Owner's Manual data is unavailable for the below configuration." Program CX727

Love the car but hate the nuisances that seem to be part of the deal. Going back to dealer for the second time on all of these issues tomorrow. Not real optimistic.
Sponsored