Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
No, but every car I’ve owned came with a little rubber mat or piece of felt to keep your glasses from sounding like they’re rolling around inside of a cup over your head. Baffles me where they choose to skimp.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I also hate how small the back window is, I can’t see shit!!
We rarely, like 2 times in the past 1 1/2 had people in the back seat.

We put the head-rests in a nice nylon bag (from a 100 foot collapsable hose) and they are in the Frunk if we ever need them.

Back window is clear and free.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Cons, and I really have to dig deep on these:
1) Could use a HUD, the only tech that was pushing me to Kia/Hyundai
Amen to that, our 2019 Kona EV Ultimate had one and as an ex pilot, I miss that! Too bad the later versions don't have it either.

YeastLyfe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Definitely the crappy software for me. We've been without the ability to see the car on FordPass since December 7. Since the same time, the car also thinks it's a fleet vehicle and asks for a login when we get in. Can't connect to Android Auto wirelessly. I've got an appt at the dealership next week where they will hopefully be able to fix these issues. As far as a vehicle that gets us from point A to point B reliably and comfortably, we love it.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I LOVE the car so far! I've had it 6 weeks. That said.....

3 Main Complaints
  1. The software/firmware/module OTA update process. Ford is currently releasing updates in series, meaning you cannot have 4.1.2 unless you've installed all prior updates individually. Preferably, OTA's would be more like your PC or phone. You can buy a laptop with MacOS 11 and install one update to MacOS 13 without having to install MacOS 12. Those are cumulative updates.
  2. I won't go into the dealership experience as a whole. I'll focus on Service.
    1. For the price paid, a loaner (for service over 1 day) should be provided. It would be a competitive service and incentives the service department to finish service faster.
    2. Ford service departments should not charge to fix problems and update software/firmware/module to most current version. There are repeated comments here (and I've experience the same) where dealerships refuse to install updates without charging $250+/hour. The answer to BEV service is not 1, 2, 3... fully trained service techs. It is a BEV service team with varying skill levels. You don't want a $300 BEV tech running updates. That said, a lesser trained (but trained) tech could run updates, taking tasks off of the Full BEV techs before they get to them, or after they've completed more complex tasks.
  3. The windshield is garbage. I've lived in the same place for 30+ years. I've driven a Ford (Expedition), Mazda minivan and CX-5, Hynundai Elantra and Tucson, Lexus RX400h, Nissan Pathfinder, etc. on the same roads to the same places in that time, as well as road trips. I got my car home and within a couple of weeks, my windshield is peppered with small, noticeable chips. IT IS RIDICULOUS ! The windshield seems to be made of plexiglass or rock candy or (insert soft clear material here). Actually, plexiglass and rock candy would probably be harder.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Things I dont like:
  • No frunk button on fob
  • PaaK working only 90% of the time, no puddle lights when using PaaK (but fob works)
  • Wish it had better clearance to allow for some off-roading. It is an "SUV" after all...
  • Annoying to access 12V battery
  • OEM Back wiper is too small
  • Very limited battery data access inside the car, including any information about charging speed or things like real-time power consumption or regen rate.
  • No sentry mode or even "dashcam-type" access to the cameras while driving (in case of accidents etc)
  • Software bugs galore. Random glitches with settings being reset, charging, location issues. Updates making things worse.
  • OTA updates arriving at a snail's pace with minimal new features for the most part
  • FordPass app is trash. Slow, buggy and doesn't have as much information or functionality as it should
  • Water gets trapped in back hatch door after any decent rainfall

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Cons, and I really have to dig deep on these:
1) Could use a HUD, the only tech that was pushing me to Kia/Hyundai
2) Would love adjustable 1 pedal. I could use ever so slightly more regen, I almost never touched the brakes in my Bolt, but have to on occasion in the MME (I am really nitpicking here)
3) The looks from straight behind. Every other angle this car is beautiful, but staring straight at the back, I would say it could stand to look a few pounds in the rear end.
4) Lack of a regen meter, on the Leaf and Bolt it was fun to watch, just a simple slide bar, or color indicator that shows how much regen vs power you are currently using.
This regen meter can be activated via ForScan (on all but very early models). Search this forum.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
Some cons would be more model specific than others.

1. Lack of custom drive mode. Have to pick your poison with Lift off regen / Steering weight and Throttle mapping all being coupled to a drive mode.
2. No heated rear seats / ventilated front seats.
3. No ski hatch pass through rear seat.
4. Generally poor use of the available real-estate on the driver display, microscopic power meter etc.
5. Overall interior materials quality not up to the price point (should be at platinum / vignale level).

For GTPE seeing as they where marketed on performance.

9. Steering ratio of a bus.
10. 5 second power limitations.
11. Overall poor traction and average handling setup, far below performance ford standards should do better from AWD and the super fine control Electric motors offer even when taking into account ev tires. Keeping with the mustang name it needs to be far more mustang PP2 and far less mustangs leaving cars and coffee that it is now.
12. Magneride setting coupled to drive mode (see 1)
#5 is a pretty big weakness. Ford can do a lot more with that digital display.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
This regen meter can be activated via ForScan (on all but very early models). Search this forum.
I know but I dont have ForScan and dont want to dabble in it. I used to root and flash updates to my google phones, but that was my limit, and I even stopped that (and I work in software)

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My cons:

1. No forward wall cargo rings in the trunk to match the rear hatch threshold cargo rings... yet the Mach E body obviously has SOME prep for them (the indentations in the wall felt). What good are the two rear rings without the forward pair?

2. No Ford OEM tow hitch system available in North America, yet Ford sells a very strongly built Ford-labeled tow hitch system on other continents. Yes, I understand the general concept of liability risk, but still... we consumers who buy $60K cars aren't children so please do not treat us like children who need to be protected from ourselves.

3. Lack of a rear fog light in North American models. This is s safety issue IMHO. Rearward visibility in severely limited driving conditions like fog, heavy rain, heavy snow doesn't matter until it does. It only takes once, right? This technology is easy and well-known and frankly cheap, and Ford already includes a rear fog light in non- North America models.

4. Front (and rear) screw-in bumper / frame tow ring mounts on North American models. I mean... how cheap can Ford be, and how much $$$ is Ford saving here?

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Not having auto dimming side mirrors, but happy otherwise. Few software issues here and there, but not enough to make me regret my purchase in any way yet.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Being in FL, ventilated front seats and heated rear seats would have been nice too.

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. Lousy OTA process. I was stuck on 3.5.4 for almost 3 months before 3.6.1, 3.6.2, and then 4.1.1 dropped, all in a matter of days last week. Granted, they did start coming, but it took a long time. I know that they are a car company first, but if they want to offer upgradeable software, then they have to start getting their servers beefed up. And get some understandable logic into their process.

2. Bugs. I have gotten real good at rebooting Sync, which I shouldn't have to do all the time. But recently I get the guest profile with no way to get back to mine. It knows that mine is there, but I can push on that "button" all day and nothing happens until I reboot. I once had to reboot 3 times in one day: once to get out of guest, the second to get the nav unfrozen, and finally to get out of guest again. All in the matter of 30 minutes!

3. Lack of info on the displays, especially power use/regen. All I've got is the brake coach. My *2116* Fusion PHEV has a lot more info available. The MME is spartan in comparison.

4. Why can't more of the available options be exposed to the user? Already the setting screens are pretty detailed, but there are so many potentially useful settings that are hidden from sight, unless you have a windows laptop and an OBD2 reader. I have neither, and I don't especially feel like poking around in the software/firmware.

In other words, our friends at FORD could improve significantly on the user experience. Otherwise, I'm loving the car. It has more pep than any other car that I have owned. It's a lot of fun to drive. I love how eerily quiet it is. I love its looks.

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
Surprised no one has mentioned this - DCFC charging curve. Literally the dumbest algorithm of any recent EV. That, and not giving any useful information about charging speeds or as someone said above - a power meter.
It's not just DC. The AC charging curve is also brutal close to 100%.
Sponsored