What's the Reason for the Delay?!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
oh, that's not a thought I had, about opting-in to OTA. Do we know if that's the case, that the owner needs to opt-in to OTA on delivery? because if so that would 100% explain why someone had to touch them and would be a completely reasonable explanation.
But if that was the case then why hold up on the shipping. Just send them to the dealer and add a step to the pre-delivery checklist to update the vehicle software.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
But if that was the case then why hold up on the shipping. Just send them to the dealer and add a step to the pre-delivery checklist to update the vehicle software.
that's a good point.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
oh, that's not a thought I had, about opting-in to OTA. Do we know if that's the case, that the owner needs to opt-in to OTA on delivery? because if so that would 100% explain why someone had to touch them and would be a completely reasonable explanation.
This is the wrong answers thread, so I'll say that's exactly correct

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They needed all those cool Mach Es for the victory parade when KC wins the Super Bowl. That requires they stay in KC for a few weeks, then they have to arrange delivery logistics all over again.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
They needed all those cool Mach Es for the victory parade when KC wins the Super Bowl. That requires they stay in KC for a few weeks, then they have to arrange delivery logistics all over again.
Um, sorry, but I am planning for that parade to be in Buffalo. That will be an excellent opportunity to compare the snow handling of the RWD vs. AWD Mach-Es.........

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Um, sorry, but I am planning for that parade to be in Buffalo. That will be an excellent opportunity to compare the snow handling of the RWD vs. AWD Mach-Es.........
Then you need to figure out the logistics because KC has the cars!

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Silly guy, The Packers are going to win the Super Bowl. Maybe that's why they need the extra time...to drive to Green Bay!

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I'm going to make an amendment to my previous wrong answer. Turns out an "influencer" who got to review one of the press vehicles tried to put gasoline into it. So they have to add a sticker inside the charge port that says "NO GASOLINE! Premium Electricity ONLY."

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Silly guy, The Packers are going to win the Super Bowl. Maybe that's why they need the extra time...to drive to Green Bay!
Um, wrong Bay. Tampa Bay is where mach-e should be sent. Home of this year's super bowl AND Tampa Bay Buccaneers - this year's super bowl champions. FYI... Florida has the most members with orders behind CA and equal to TX and WA.

OP
OP
LiquidError

LiquidError

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (Someday)
Country flag
Football related reason: St. Louis Rams fans thought the Mustangs was the name of their new team and then stole the cars in anger?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Um, wrong Bay. Tampa Bay is where mach-e should be sent. Home of this year's super bowl AND Tampa Bay Buccaneers - this year's super bowl champions. FYI... Florida has the most members with orders behind CA and equal to TX and WA.
We will have to agree to disagree. The Packers are looking pretty good with Aaron Rodgers as a probable MVP. ;)
Sponsored