Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Ford announced Pet Mode six months ago. So where is it?

For those of us with dogs, Pet Mode is a critical update. When I run errands with my dogs, I have to take my Tesla Model 3, which came with Dog Mode two years ago. In that car, I activate Dog Mode by voice command and it keeps the climate system active, turns off the internal sensors, and posts a big notice on the screen.

And, no, I can't always "just leave my dogs at home". When I take them to the beach, I often stop and run errands on my way back. But with the dogs on board, I can't lock the car or the alarm will activate. I don't want to leave the car on and unlocked with the dogs on board.

Come on, Ford, when are you going to push Pet Mode out to the fleet?!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford filed a pet mode patent 44 months ago. They've filed a TON of patents prior and since.

I don't recall them making a pet mode feature announcement, though maybe I missed it.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I really want dog mode for temperature as in Texas it's not possible to leave pets without AC running, but regarding alarm, every time I turn off the car, it asks whether I want to turn off interior alarm.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If you leave the car running and lock it with the pillar with the fob in the car, does the interior alarm activate? I know my wife often stays in the car when I run into a store and she locks the doors until I come back. How about remote start after you exit and turn the car off, or the car running in accessory with the doors locked?

Just trying to think of workarounds until Ford gets around to this.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
State laws could be holding them back.

It’s illegal in Florida to leave a pet unattended in a car and carries a $500 fine:

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/animals/pets-parked-cars.page

Pets in Parked Cars

Never risk your pet's life by leaving it in a parked car. Leaving pets inside a parked car is considered animal cruelty per Florida law and violators will receive a $500 fine.
  • Never leave pets unattended inside a parked car, even if the window is cracked open.
  • Temperatures rise quickly, causing irreparable organ damage to your pet and even death.
  • It only takes minutes for your pet to suffer from heatstroke. On a 78-degree day, the temperature inside a parked car can reach 160 degrees. Heatstroke signs are heavy panting, profuse salvation, a rapid pulse, lack of coordination, and red gums and tongue.
  • If you see a dog alone in a vehicle, immediately call 911. Local law officials have the ability to enter vehicles and rescue the pet.
  • Do not leave until help has arrived.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag

For those of us with dogs, Pet Mode is a critical update. When I run errands with my dogs, I have to take my Tesla Model 3, which came with Dog Mode two years ago. In that car, I activate Dog Mode by voice command and it keeps the climate system active, turns off the internal sensors, and posts a big notice on the screen.

And, no, I can't always "just leave my dogs at home". When I take them to the beach, I often stop and run errands on my way back. But with the dogs on board, I can't lock the car or the alarm will activate. I don't want to leave the car on and unlocked with the dogs on board.

Come on, Ford, when are you going to push Pet Mode out to the fleet?!
I take my dog all the time. Just leave the vehicle on and the air will stay on for up to 30 minutes which should be more than enough time to run an errand. Also if you're concerned about people walking by, there is a drawing app and just draw a message, save it and put it up on your giant screen when you leave the pet in the car.

I do this almost everyday without any problems. Pet mode seems a bit redundant but I would appreciate the option if it ever comes about.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I take my dog all the time. Just leave the vehicle on and the air will stay on for up to 30 minutes which should be more than enough time to run an errand. Also if you're concerned about people walking by, there is a drawing app and just draw a message, save it and put it up on your giant screen when you leave the pet in the car.

I do this almost everyday without any problems. Pet mode seems a bit redundant but I would appreciate the option if it ever comes about.
Do you lock the doors, and the internal motion alarm stays off?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I don't need a dog mode since my dog died two years ago, but I would like the car to have the same sort of interior climate maintenance while parked that my Tesla had.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Product manager in the board room: "Look guys, Amazon's paying us a ton of money for the Alexa integration. Let's move it to the top of the list, and move these customer requests further down the backlog: Pet mode, sentry mode, dash cam, multifunction volume knob, improved charging management, video apps, UI Shortcuts, charge limit custom default, and camp mode."

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Do you lock the doors, and the internal motion alarm stays off?
Yes. The car is on, so the alarm is off.

Leave the car running and set your desired cabin temperature for your pet. Exit the vehicle and close the door. Press 7/8 + 9/0 on the door keypad simultaneously to lock the doors. When you return to the vehicle, you can unlock with PaaK, key fob, or door keypad code.

If you need more than 30 minutes to do your errands, disable the vehicle power down time under: Settings > Vehicle > Vehicle Power Down Timer.

tjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag

Leave the car running and set your desired cabin temperature for your pet. Exit the vehicle and close the door. Press 7/8 + 9/0 on the door keypad simultaneously to lock the doors. When you return to the vehicle, you can unlock with PaaK, key fob, or door keypad code.

If you need more than 30 minutes to do your errands, disable the vehicle power down time under: Settings > Vehicle > Vehicle Power Down Timer.
The problem is the internal alarm settings do not save, also the vehicle power down timer does not save either. But hey, Alexa is intergrated now.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag

I’ve done this now many times and it works great. I even have a sketch saved in the sketch app saying the dog is safe, car and a/c are on - thx to another post in this thread (you or someone else!).

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Product manager in the board room: "Look guys, Amazon's paying us a ton of money for the Alexa integration. Let's move it to the top of the list, and move these customer requests further down the backlog: Pet mode, sentry mode, dash cam, multifunction volume knob, improved charging management, video apps, UI Shortcuts, charge limit custom default, and camp mode."
I'm sure this is exactly what happened. Dealing with Amazon in a different industry, it was a Sales deal, giving a bit of money(not enough to justify this), and they want it by Prime Day or something like that so it can be part of an announcement. And then someone like Jim F probably said something like, "I really want to watch Monroe Live on YouTube while I'm charging up" ... boom, up the priority list.
Sponsored