Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
At this point I'd figure them to be Job2 cars. They might well flip from non-gt to GT on the line after those guys get the summer break over.
Sponsored

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Ordered a 2024 GT on 2-12-24. Waiting for Vin #
My 2021 is a buy back ( Ford repurchase).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ordered a 2024 GT on 2-12-24. Waiting for Vin #
My 2021 is a buy back ( Ford repurchase).
How did you even order one?

We don’t even have basic details about them like- how much horsepower do they have?

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
How did you even order one?

We don’t even have basic details about them like- how much horsepower do they have?
ORDERED from dealship.
Finally got Vin#.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where are the 2024 GTs? 1710698694179-d

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
  • Opportunity for optional performance upgrade, delivering the quickest 0-60 time of any production Mustang Mach-E ever. More details on the upgrade will be shared at a later date.
  • Only time will tell !!!
  • Won't be the first or last time purchasing something on Hope or a Prayer.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
And the power package gets you_____?
I’m not sure knowing what we get makes a difference. Back before the GT was being produced we got informed all sorts of things including the “so fast it made me sick” video. Once @0t60-3.5 got the first world-wide delivery we found out that our GTs were castrated after either a time at WOT or after a given velocity. Ford can tell us whatever they like and we can still be bamboozled by what they’re not telling us. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’m not sure knowing what we get makes a difference. Back before the GT was being produced we got informed all sorts of things including the “so fast it made me sick” video. Once @0t60-3.5 got the first world-wide delivery we found out that our GTs were castrated after either a time at WOT or after a given velocity. Ford can tell us whatever they like and we can still be bamboozled by what they’re not telling us. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Fair….. fool me once…..

But either way, I think we should know. If only so that people thinking of checking that box know what they’re paying for.

Outside of that, it’s the curiosity if it will trickle down to us 2021-2023 GT owners. If it’s software related and they offer a horsepower upgrade for a price.

I know they have at the very least flirted with that idea in the past (OTA pay for more power), but obviously nothing came of it yet.

But if it’s a hardware upgrade (larger rear motor with slightly more, 650, tq). That means nothing for us.

Because the performance upgrade is standard on the rally, the hardware upgrade is my guess.

The regular GT and the Rally couldn’t have the SAME performance upgrade if they don’t have the same hardware.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 2024 data is available in the online Ford service manual yet? If so, that would tell us if there's a hardware difference.

Has anyone confirmed that the 24 Select/Premium *doesn't* have the new rear motor? I keep go back to Ford designing this motor in-house to reduce production costs, so why spend more money putting the borg warner unit in the cheaper versions?

psyentific

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Sequoia
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
All the dealers in my area still have 2- 4 '23 gtpes on the lot. Expect Ford to continue to stall the 24 release until those are gone. GT is harder to sell because of range, according to dealer.

I got tired of waiting for the Rally, and bought a '23.

Reactions: SWO

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was at my dealer asking about '24s over the weekend and they said they didn't expect to see any until fall of this year!
Just a follow up to my own post; the same dealership started getting '24 Select and Premiums, including an Eruption Green one and a Glacier Gray Metallic one. Both colors look awesome in person.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 2024 data is available in the online Ford service manual yet? If so, that would tell us if there's a hardware difference.

Has anyone confirmed that the 24 Select/Premium *doesn't* have the new rear motor? I keep go back to Ford designing this motor in-house to reduce production costs, so why spend more money putting the borg warner unit in the cheaper versions?
The GT prior to 2024 has the BW motor unit in both the front and the rear. According to the stuff I've seen about the new motor, it is only going into the rear on the GT. This would indicate that the front motor unit on the GT is still BW. It would follow that since Ford is still purchasing that unit the rear motors on the Premium and Select are this same unit. Then again, I may be completely wet. I get wet when fetching ducks and geese. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Sponsored