Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why:
Owned Fords/Mercurys/Lincolns for the past 25 years (95 Mystique, 99 Sable, 06 Milan, 10 Milan Hybrid, 13 Fusion Energi, 16 MKZ Hybrid)
Bought an 18 Chevrolet Bolt Premium because I wanted FULL BEV and Ford only had Focus electric with very limited range.
Like the available combinations available with the Mach e

What I would like to see:
Regen Paddle like the Bolt - I use it way more than the brake pedal and I don't do One Pedal Driving
I can even come to a complete stop without the brake pedal
Regen while coasting - Bold does a great job at this
Roof Shade
Sponsored

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
List your reasons here, also what are few things you wish the Mache did have.
keep it short and sweet.

I will start. I work For ford, show up in a non-ford well you get the picture lol.

what I wish the mache had?........................ Auto rear seats recline, moon roof shade visor.
I've been wanting to go electric and the Mach E has the looks, range, price, tech, dealer network and is the size I was looking for. I was originally going to look at the model Y but when the Mach E came out I was like "this is the one." I just wish I could have the GT grill/seats with the premium trim (which may be possible to swap out as parts become available).

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I work for Ford and drive a Ford and want to see Ford continue. Wanted to move to PHEV or BEV eventually and am needing a bigger vehicle.

What I want is to have it now

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
1.Wanted to try an EV this time.
2.Trust Ford as a company to give me a well built car that is reliable and safe as well as “user friendly.”
3.The dealer is close by.
4. I like the idea of Ford building such a large charging network. As a newbie, I still have range anxiety and reading about this was reassuring.
5. Said,”Yep, this is the one” when I first saw a picture of the MME. It is the most attractive of the electric vehicles after all. :)
6. Nostalgia. One of my first memories as a child is the Mustang pony emblem on my father’s car. Who didn’t grow up wanting to own one?! Haha

I don’t know enough about EV’s yet to tell you what I would like to see. I have Tesla owners in my family so am planning to compare and contrast once I get mine — taking the information and knowledge I’ve gained on this site into consideration of course. I will get back to you on this one if you don’t mind.
Thank you for asking!!!!

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I've always wanted a Mustang, but decided long ago that my next car had to be a BEV. We've also got a dog to tow around. Combined with frequent road trips to parks with questionable roads and weather conditions, the AWD Mach E was basically made for me.

A Model Y would have been tempting if it didn't look like a balloon or if I weren't embarrassed to support Tesla.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I was looking for a PHEV with at least 30 Miles per full charge - almost got a BMW X3 PHEV this year - realized no PHEVs come close that are available and are quiet as well.

Loved my Ford Edge for its ride quality and cabin quietness and when I heard of the Mach E I relooked at it (initially dismissed it as a mustang and I am not a mustang person).

I wish Mach E had auto reclining rear seats and a way to cover the glass roof and had highr ground clearance - an all electric Edge would be perfect for me.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I chose the Mach E because Ford built the very best BEV they possibly could. They questioned everything and refused to accept compromises just because it's electric.
The iPace and Mach E are the only two EVs that I can think of that are made by "car guys". Neither sacrificed styling or function while simultaneously building on their experience and heritage. That matters to me and is the reason why I haven't entertained EV offerings by other brands.

I am looking forward to the improved infotainment features. More usable cargo space and room for full size adults in the second row.

For things that I would like to see in the future:
  • VTV (Vehicle to Vehicle) Charging capability. For instance.....I would like the option to assist other BEV owners in the event their vehicle runs out of charge. Connect the two J1772 connectors and charge via L1 DC so they can have enough juice to get to a safe spot and charge up.
  • VTG (Vehicle to Grid) development. Still unsure about that technology but it should be explored.
  • I am hoping the infotainment system starts it's boot up when I approach the vehicle so it's ready for navigation instructions as soon as I buckle up. Right now I have to wait 15-20 seconds before I am able to set a destination.

In the spilled milk category......
I am saddened to see the steering wheel controls are the SUV type vs the Mustang Type. I think the Mustang type is a little more "driver" oriented in that you really don't have to look down to use the controls because it has a unique design that your thumbs 'fall into'. I also prefer the turn signal and wiper stalks that have the little ducktail on top vs the SUV type. It feels more positive to me. I know it's a lost cause so I'll just accept the change and move on....

PS20221

First Name
Paula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe, ordered MME premium, x rwd, in carbonized grey
Country flag
I choose the Mach-E because i wanted to go electric. Of the EVs on the market, it came down to looks and being a CUV within my budget. Then from further research, I learned Tesla's quality control issues, and that has become a huge factor as well.

I wish it had cooled front seat, fog lights, and an option for captain seats for 2nd row passengers. I also wish it was more of an SUV than a crossover.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I wanted a (1) sporty (2) electric (3) SUV.

It was important to me that it wasn't a 'standard' vehicle, I wanted something with more flair. For example, before the MME was announced, looking at Chevy's lineup, I was really interested in their new Blazer for this reason, much more so than say their Equinox. I'd also probably cross-shop with four dour coupe SUVs like the BMW X4 or Mercedes GLC coupe. My priority was not maximum utility/livability, for example, I was not looking for the small crossover with the most storage space, best fuel economy, etc. I wanted something fun to drive and interesting to look at.

One thing that I might wish was different (not sure yet not having driven the vehicle) would be for it to ride higher. Seems dangerously close to wagon territory. Google tells me my 2013 Chevy Equinox (old style, when it was a bigger SUV, not the new shrunken generation) has a height of 66.3 inches, which I am very fond of. Google says the MME is at 63 inches. I'm worried this might feel too car like, but I suppose I will find out soon enough.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
My res is for a a GT, so I haven’t bought anything yet.

But I’m hoping Ford can dial in enough handling to replace my FoRS. They certainly have the know how.

I always figured the FoRS was going to be my last ICE vehicle and I usually keep a car no longer than 3 years, so good timing Ford.

The sporty electric segment is under represented, even more so at the targeted price point. Though I probably would have bought the 400hp updated RS if it had come to market, especially if it had included the rumored rear axle electrification.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've never owned a Ford before. I haven't owned an American car in almost 20 years. I had many bad experiences back in the day with a Jeep Cherokee, a Jeep Wrangler, and a Chevy Blazer.

Why the Mach-E?
  • Because it looks damn sexy inside & out
  • Because it has 300-mile range (Premium RWD)
  • Because it was designed by people who love to REALLY drive
  • Because Ford has a LOT riding on it, so it has to be good
My Mach-E Wishlist?
  • Cooled front seats
  • A 1-1/4" hitch receiver
  • A windshield HUD instead of the screen above the steering wheel
  • Ability to charge at 250 kW