John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My dad retired from Ford, and it is a family thing to be loyal to the brand. I hope he is looking down and is happy.
Also . . . I work for a Union Benefit Fund (Retail Employees) and we support Union companies. While I have wanted an electric car for awhile, No way I show up in a Tesla to work.
Finally, my two “hobbies” I love getting into are cars and tech. The Mach E is exciting in both of those areas. Took me 5 minutes to make up my mind after watching the launch, and 5 more to get it reserved. Until then I was going to get an Escape PHEV - because I love my Escape, but it looks like the ME may arrive sooner anyway.

I wish it had a tow hitch for my bike rack.

I hope it has a good charging curve, or they improve it with data.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I DON’T work for Ford (dad worked for Ford ?). My plan was to replace my 2018 Escape Ti with a Black Label Corsair (I was hoping that Lincoln would come out with one for MY 21/22). I’d heard rumblings of a Ford BEV and ignored them thinking “yawn, another Focus Electric thing, or maybe an Escape Electric that might get ~200 miles and a decal for California”, then the November reveal and I tossed my plans out the window (took a bit of time to pull the trigger though ?)

What do I wish it had:
- Ventilated seats!
- Dimming exterior mirrors (put in an off switch for those who don’t like them)
- Heated windscreen (all UK Fords have these available!)
- 120V outlet (comes in handy sometimes)
- Wavering on a HUD. I have to see the IP
- Pedestrian/large animal (like dog/deer) detection/emergency braking
- HomeKit compatibility (for when it’s in he garage - I’m not sure if HomeKit has a “car” device, but it would be nice to say “Hey Siri, warm up my Mustang Mach E” or “Hey Siri, pull my Mustang Mach E out of the garage!”
- Tail fins - big tail fins (ok, that was my inner Homer Simpson talking ?)

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I always said if ford ever comes out with an eclectic mustang I am buying it. I am originally from Belgium and when I came to the states in 91 i purchased a 1967 289 mustang, Later I ordered a 2005 mustang and currently a 2015 Ecoboost performance 50year edition. Just love the way the mach e looks and love the tech. It is time to go electric.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've wanted an EV since late 2018. My first pick was an Outlander Phev but soon discovered that it 's battery had issues and was degrading fast, so it was out. Then in 2019 Hyuandai came with the Kona E and Kia with the Niro EV which I had chose and reserve in summer 2019. Then the big blow in november with the Mach-E reveal. It checked all the boxes and two of them where more important AWD option and OTA, has I'm planning to keep the car for a long time. Besides that's a better looking car and more sportier. It took me a month to decide to make a reservation has I had to choose a Premium vs a Select , cause at first there where no indication that it would have heated seats and steering wheel option on the Select, and the price for the Premium is quite a bit more then the Niro EV. But finally the MME won, and so I'm still waiting for my first EV. (I would have received the Niro EV last May).
For what I whish it had, well the heat pump here would be a great thing to have for more range in winter time and ventilated front seats, two things the Niro EV had. Besides that I just whish the car would arrive tomorrow.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Why? Stumbled over the 2017 Platinum Ford Fusion Energi in 2016 when at the Lincoln dealer. Discounts, credits and impressive trim--technology & materials--made it the choice over the ICE Lexus ES350, Buick LaCrosse, Lincoln MKZ, Toyota Avalon. The chocolate nappa leather still makes me smile. Was a nice introduction to Ford and EVs.

Kids are grown. Time to replace the mini-van. Looking for something with a mix of utility and fun. Considered the MY. So many issues. Ultimately can't forgive Musk for calling the spelunker a pedophile.

Keep going back to our experience with the FFE. I know Ford can make a nice car. Am trusting that the commitment to the Mach-e will be sustained.

What I would (have) like(d) to see [in rough order of importance]:

*Integrated Dashcam with recording for insurance purposes.

*Be able to cast my phone to the screen as a monitor (when the car is in Park). Airplay in the Apple World. Keeps the app function on the phone. Keeps the data usage on the phone. Avoids issues in those areas Tesla is struggling with while providing max flexibility. Holding the phone or tablet for everyone to see the cat video while charging gets old.

*Integration of route planning beyond car & Ford App. A Ford route planning website that can be accessed by desktop computer with information transfer/sharing between Car, App & Desktop. Advance work would be much easier with physical keyboard, larger desktop monitor and multiple windows. Integration with ABetterRoutePlanner.com would be fantastic as Ford builds up its capabilities.

*hitch receiver so I can attach bike rack easily

*electrochromic glass in the panoramic roof as is available in the new Venza model.

*emergency mode where car could dip into buffer to provide a few more miles. Perhaps available a limited number of times per car, or per year, or upon request by pin at the Ford hotline.

*Heated seat backs only as a selection in addition to typical back & bottom at same time.

*18 inch wheels on the Premium. Better ride. Likely better range.

*Both resting spots for phone to provide charging [understand it is just one]

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That the whole thing sat 3" taller (roof height, seating height, ground clearance).

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended Range Space White
Occupation
Author
Country flag
Why?
* looks
* hoping for better build quality than Tesla
* range on ER

Missing
* heat pump
* sentry mode
* dog mode

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’m buying this largely because I’m an engineer who loves truly optimized designs...ones made to excel with few if any compromises getting in the way of their main purpose...and EVs like this one are made as efficient as possible, I love that. The most environmentally friendly new car you can buy. Range is super important to me, too.

I chose Ford based on a lot of past experience driving Ford Focus rental cars (and a few others)...I walked away very impressed (especially compared to the competition). Good driving dynamics and a nice driver focused environment. I ruled out Tesla for various reasons, and while I considered the ID.4, I liked the looks of the Ford more (plus I could get it sooner than the ID.4).

Lastly, a friend got me involved in a business venture designing and selling EV charging solutions (ChaseStation.com) so naturally I really need my own EV now!

There are only two things I wish it had. First, ventilated seats. Second, better range - but I realize this is something that’s a big unknown right now. My wife and I regularly do a 241 mile drive across Colorado, and right now it’s really uncertain whether we can make it nonstop in the Mach-E, especially in the winter (ER,AWD). Average speed works out to just under 60, though, so I‘m optimistic!

oh, and I wish it had a different name! Mustang Mach-E is too long. I can’t bring myself to call it a mustang (too many doors). Mach-E is awkward to say. So until it tells us its name, it’ll just be ”the Ford”...

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Why am I buying my Mach-E

It’s a Ford (long time Ford family – grandpa worked on the early 60's station wagon helping design the back door opened out and down) and I get the A plan from my brother-in-law.

Wife owns a 83 Mustang convertible GLX (she helped push it off the showroom floor) and she was a “that’s not a Mustang” person. But when Dave Pericak brought one to the SE MI Mustang club last January, told the story and she got to look and sit in it - she liked it.

The more I read this Forum – the happier I am I bought the MME

And BEST OF ALL - Granddaughter thinks I am saving the planet

Wish it had a trailer hitch.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But when Dave Pericak brought one to the SE MI Mustang club last January, told the story and she got to look and sit in it - she liked it.
That's pretty cool. I have a feeling lots of diehards will come around when they get a firsthand experience

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Love my Bolt EV but my primary reasons for moving to Mach-E:
1. All wheel drive. This by itself could be a deciding factor.
2. Larger interior space
3. More comfortable seats and ride (hopefully)
4. Adaptive cruise control
5. Integrated garage door opener (silly I know but important to me)
6. Wireless Apple CarPlay

Wish it had:
1. Heated rear seats (even my Bolt EV has this feature)
2. Heat pump
3. Sunroof that opens
4. More range (Mach-E range likely only marginally more than my Bolt EV)
5. More communication from Ford on features & availability
6. Video rear view mirror. Love it in Bolt as safety feature!

Last edited:

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That's pretty cool. I have a feeling lots of diehards will come around when they get a firsthand experience
Completely agreed. Anyone who thinks this isn't a Mustang needs an no-warning 0-60 demonstration in it. :D

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
First car was a red mustang, bought stock years ago, almost got a Tesla but Elon is such a jerk that's a hard hurdle to cross (and QC, non-union is also an issue there.) Getting a car with all the options but no leather/skin in the interior was non-negotiable- the pony logo is a bonus.

Wish list: heated rear seats, auto dimming mirrors, roof opening, ambient lighting across the dash- like mercedes, 120v outlet, more wheel choices.

My spouse thinks this is her car btw.

#1 want- to get the car by Dec. 31.

Last edited:

NancyF

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Energi Titanium
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
List your reasons here, also what are few things you wish the Mache did have.
keep it short and sweet.

I will start. I work For ford, show up in a non-ford well you get the picture lol.

what I wish the mache had?........................ Auto rear seats recline, moon roof shade visor.
I have had a 2013 Fusion Energi since it was brand new and have loved it. I have wanted to go fully electruc, thought about a Tesla but wanted to wait for Ford. I am so glad I have but as these months have gone by, waiting has become more and more difficult. Right now, just getting my MME Premium AWD sounds wonderful but I’m sure, once I get it, I will think of something I wished it had!
Sponsored