Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have the same issue - 1st Edition - Europe with an announced range of 600km. I got it in May and since, never got more than 470km when fully charged. Ok by reading your comments GOP/Ford is super conservative, but here we're talking about ca 25% less than what was announced.
How not to rely on the GOP when planning a long-distance trip? And let me add that I'm not driving aggressively rather the contrary as I'm trying to beef up the GOP when fully charged - but no success so far...
You have a completely different problem: your country requires Ford to report the results of WLTP tests to compute range. The WLTP tests are not close to "real world" driving because of the speeds used in the test, and vastly overestimate how far the car can go in typical use. I don't know for certain, but I don't think the WLTP tests take into account living in the alps either. So, even computing range yourself (km/kwh x 88kwh) you won't reach the WLTP rating unless you never go faster than 50kmh. Using the EPA number of 270mi/435km for your first edition the guess-o-meter did fairly well reporting 470km but I have no idea how fast you drive nor how flat your drive typically is.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Please read all of the above before starting thread number 75 on the topic!
Such exaggeration! I counted and there are only 71 threads. Sheesh! ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
All this complaining about suddenly having no range. My GOM never budges past 201 at 100% charge. I have an AWD ER premium. The car's systems factor in both last and current conditions in arriving at its guess. And it's just that, a guess. Range will decrease and temps drop. They'll come back in mid-spring. Bank on it. Unless you live on the side of a volcano, then they'll stay right where they are, because your driving conditions didn't change.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All this complaining about suddenly having no range. My GOM never budges past 201 at 100% charge. I have an AWD ER premium. The car's systems factor in both last and current conditions in arriving at its guess. And it's just that, a guess. Range will decrease and temps drop. They'll come back in mid-spring. Bank on it. Unless you live on the side of a volcano, then they'll stay right where they are, because your driving conditions didn't change.
What does trip 2 say for consumption (your life time meter)? Times it by 88 and your actual range is? Just wondering how close to your GOM it is.

Seen this this fall. Always changing here. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why is my range so bad? _MG_5761

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What does trip 2 say for consumption (your life time meter)? Times it by 88 and your actual range is? Just wondering how close to your GOM it is.

Seen this this fall. Always changing here. ;)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why is my range so bad? _MG_5761
I’m averaging 3.7 miles per kWh. That misleading too though as the last 10 to 15 miles or so (depending upon route) to our house is a serious up hill grade. The kWh on the longer climb averages 1.6 and can drop as low as 1.2. It’s about a 3500 ft climb in 7 miles on that road. I figure a realistic range is around 300 miles at 100%. The GOM is just looking at what I did last which is always a climb.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
It was 1c this morning, gom said 335km, I did 380km, and had 15% left over, even running the new winters I had installed this morning
Rather than installing winter every year, please just borrow my winter.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
This is a secret that Ford cleverly withheld from its customers. I drive an SR RWD and at temperatures of 8 ° C my car has a range of 260 km. Far away from 450 km! And I think it will be even less!

hollynmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT AWD Performance
Occupation
Air Traffic Systems Supervisor
Country flag
A buddy of mine has a model 3 and he said his is minimal. He doesn't lose range like that. Colder weather driving sure, but we are talking about charging the car to 100% it shows a big reduction in allowable range, meanwhile his tesla is virtually the same. Why?
Heat pump in Tesla

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
hmm, that's interesting... I hadn't seen that, but I assure you mine changes. It started at 310 miles at full charge, dropped down to 280 about 3 years later, and now depending on the day it could show 275 or 285 when I leave my garage. it seems to correlate based on what type of driving I've done in the last week or so. Lots of highway driving it's lower, lots of local and it shows higher.
I believe what you are seeing is the battery degrade. A Tesla's range meter will show you EPA range, but on the top end, it will cap it at whatever % is the new (lower) max capacity of the battery due to long term degradation. I believe that reduction you are seeing is just the total battery capacity trending lower over time (something all EVs are susceptible to).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35203450/tesla-model-3-battery-capacity-loss-warranty/

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I believe what you are seeing is the battery degrade. A Tesla's range meter will show you EPA range, but on the top end, it will cap it at whatever % is the new (lower) max capacity of the battery due to long term degradation. I believe that reduction you are seeing is just the total battery capacity trending lower over time (something all EVs are susceptible to).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35203450/tesla-model-3-battery-capacity-loss-warranty/

Well yea, that's definitely what happened for it to drop roughly 30/miles per full charge. But for example, I inflated my tires a few extra pounds and after a period of mostly local driving, a week later my "range" went up roughly 5 miles. So I don't know, I see what was posted but I also have seen for myself my range dynamically change based on the kWh I average over a short period of time.

BST

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have an extended range Mach e and I'm only getting 330kms at full charge. What is going on. The best i got was 430kms in the summer, but now it's 330 at best. Is there something wrong here?
I have same issue I get at best 280 miles on motorway in summer without using a/c or heating and now getting 240 miles This is nothing like 379 miles that is quoted (even in ideal conditions)

Alan UK

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD Long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've stopped looking at this. It spoils your day. Just fill up overnight and take no notice. Much happier now.

Having said that I did notice that the car said 250 miles range when I left home yesterday and while the wife was talking to a neighbour on the way home I checked the trip. I had done 72 miles and range was still 207 - On the way home mls/kWh was 4.1. (Low 50s here in UK). OK so the car also said I set out at 95% so range should be more than 250 (100% should be 370) but 4.1 * 90 = 369. So my range is OK just the guessometer that's crap. If I have to I just use the mls/kWh figure and battery % and ignore the rest, its good for mental arithmetic skills.

But nearly all journeys I do these calcs are unnecessary so I don't do them any more.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I have an extended range Mach e and I'm only getting 330kms at full charge. What is going on. The best i got was 430kms in the summer, but now it's 330 at best. Is there something wrong here?
First of all, it's cold out. Enough said, there are hundreds of posts on here on this exact same topic that explain how temperature affects range, so the search button is your friend here.

Secondly 430km is 267 miles. The extended range AWD is EPA rated for 270 miles of mixed use driving, so your getting exactly what is to be expected. So what's the problem exactly?

As often as I read these posts, I just have to wonder how it is possible that so many people can blow so much money on a purchase without doing a single bit of research about what it is they are actually buying?
Sponsored