Why is the temp on Infotainment screen so wrong?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Actually, the ECM for an ICE does not read the Outside Air Temperature. It reads the Intake Air Temperature, which can absolutely be different from the outside reading. It's less important than the Mass Air Flow sensor (on MAF type systems), but it is used for mapping purposes.
I sit corrected...
Sponsored

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Honestly, for me it's more of what you describe too. More for fun information. My MME is my only car with a temperature indicator. My Fusion Energi was my first car with one. It never gets all that hot or cold here anyhow. 🤪🐩
I disagree. When it gets to 90+ on the coast when it is usually in the 60s, it's plenty hot. And when the overnight temps get below 35 when it is usually in the upper 40s, it definitely is cold. And my PG&E bills for this winter tell me it was very cold...

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Honestly, for me it's more of what you describe too. More for fun information. My MME is my only car with a temperature indicator. My Fusion Energi was my first car with one. It never gets all that hot or cold here anyhow. 🤪🐩
I moved from San Jose to Phoenix because I was too cold. :)

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Turned on AC when car temp was reading 70? Troll.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I don't want maps full screen because I want the media information available. How would I go about removing the weather? I haven't been able to find that option.
As mentioned above the temp at the top of the screen is the actual temp that the car is reading. The other is your weather app's forecast. I can be in the same room as my wife, have exactly the same weather app running and both will have a different reading. IT IS NOT THE CAR'S FAULT

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Today my car read 91 degrees when I got in it. Actual temperature was about 70, as my phone indicated.

The discrepancy did not affect my life.
Good morning! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Good morning! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info at your earliest convenience.
Ummm.....are you really going to send him to his dealer to figure out why the weather app on his Android phone isn't showing him the correct temperature for his area? Really?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Seems like a different variation of the "how come my range doesn't match the rated range."

Just put the weather location for another place and say "see it's so much colder in Nome, or it's so much nicer in Hawaii."

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
Just put the weather location for another place and say "see it's so much colder in Nome, or it's so much nicer in Hawaii."
I have known some cold gnomes. Damned frost mages. 🤪🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I disagree. When it gets to 90+ on the coast when it is usually in the 60s, it's plenty hot. And when the overnight temps get below 35 when it is usually in the upper 40s, it definitely is cold. And my PG&E bills for this winter tell me it was very cold...
From what I've read, your PG&E bills are simply telling you how outrageous their costs are...

Michigan - peak gas cost this winter (heating, hot water, stovetop) - $362.75 (344CCF). Peak cooling month last summer, $257.29, which includes 252kWh charging, or roughly $37 of that $257.29.

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass since I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the car's sensor. But if I change my opinion, I'll reach out.

Ummm.....are you really going to send him to his dealer to figure out why the weather app on his Android phone isn't showing him the correct temperature for his area? Really?
Stop with this nonsense about the phone being wrong! The general temperature in all practical circumstances as humans track it was 70, not 91. That's what the phone is displaying. If northwestern Illinois had a 91 degree day on April 10th, everybody and their dog would be talking about it.

Depending on where car sensor is located, sure it could feel like 91 degrees based on the car being (basically) black, sitting on pavement in the sun, no breeze, etc. That's a localized temperature based on very specific circumstances; and if the car sensor is supposed to represent that, then I'm sure it's right.

Just as the phone temperature is supposed to represent the general temperature outside, without considering whether or not you've built a little oven box to trap heat and jumped inside it. 🥵

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Stop with this nonsense about the phone being wrong!
Then you should start a new thread. The OP opened this thread to complain that the temp being displayed by Android Auto was wrong, which somehow led to passengers ridiculing the car.
Sponsored