Why no one bought CA Route-1

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Hello,

I went through the photos topics, grabber blue and cyber orange and rapid red, all pics are either GT or Premium, how come no one got CA Route1?
I am in the debate between Premium and CA Route 1, It's nice to have the sound system and Led but not worth spending the $2k for me and lose range on top of that, so curious how come I don't see CA Route-1 photos? anything else I am missing?
If you have CA RT1 do you mind posting some pics?

Thanks.
You can't take the Prius mindset out of me even as I move up to the RT1. I wanted the higher mileage. Coming from a Gen 2 Prius where the headlights are sad and I was already using a manual trunk lift then I'm sure the headlights will be better than what I have now and the manual trunk is something I already live with. The heated seats were what pushed it over the top. Those will be a nice feature.
Sponsored

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If the CalRt1 came with the light space grey seats I would have purchased for sure. The interior color was number one on my list, the rest are nice to have but the seat color was mandatory...
Yes! I was considering a GT instead of my premium but it only came in black seats. Why??? I love the light grey seats.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I've had my CA Route 1 since July and I love it. What I was looking for was max range along with the pano roof. This trim hit the sweet spot. Being from SoCal, I didn't need the heated seats/steering wheel. I found the sound system to be great. The one feature I do miss is the power liftgate. I've found myself struggling to open the trunk a couple times with my hands full of groceries.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 2021-07-17_18-10-57_444 (2)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Another CA Rt1 here and I live in Michigan. Have had it since Feb. No issues in the snow at all. Its been great.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 1640964338612

No power liftgate: Don't care.
No heated seats or steering wheel: Haven't really noticed it in the cold. The seats "feel" pretty warm (unlike if they were real leather).
No progressive turn signals on the front: Really? This would be a dealbreaker for people?? Its such a minor thing.
0-60 in about 6s: Don't care; I didn't get it for the track. This guy is much more of a cruiser than a dragger.

Very happy with it. Just set the cruise and goooo.

I also know of two more in my city so some people purchased one.

Besides with relatively few on the road you're in a more exclusive club than all the GT & GT PE's running around. We're the special guys not them! ;)

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I ordered the CA Route 1 last year, but I got tired of my build date getting pushed back, so I found a Premium on a lot instead. I only wanted the Route 1 for the range, but the lack of a preimum sound system and ambient lighting were near deal breakers for me, as I tend to drive around a lot at night. I'm glad I got the Premium, I don't really need the 300 mile range.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
JamieGeek, I'm very glad to hear you say the car's good in snow! I just ordered a Rt-1 RWD in early December 2021. I live kinda south-southwest of SE MI, near Toledo. Hoping to enjoy driving it in the snow by, I dunno, possibly next December? :rolleyes:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I got the RT1, and the only thing I miss is the heated seats - which of course are included in the 22's. The other stuff interested me not at all, so I saved myself the $2500 and am happy with the decision. I don't like the aero covers, so took them off and got some 60mm silver caps to cover the spindle (see pics below).

With Aeros the day she came home:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 scarletthome

After removing the aeros:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 PXL_20210731_190102256

closeup with silver caps:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 PXL_20210731_190031030

Closeup of spindle sticking out:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 PXL_20210719_221025178

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I ordered a RT1, AWD, Cyber Orange. I went back and forth between RWD/AWD and Premium/RT1 but Ford is claiming, um this just changed, 312 miles on the AWD.

Thing is, I didn't find the sound that great in the Premium and didn't need the power lift gate. The only things I liked about it were the light color seats, wheels and the laminated glass. But the premium had negatives too, the light-colored seats (stained my light leather in current car so it wasn't a huge plus), lower MPG and the 19's. Once the AWD RT1 hit, with the new colors, for me, that was the sweet spot.

No pictures because right now it's still a figment of the imagination of the order system and my $500.

And, OP, I agree, it was very hard to find pictures. I've actually never seen a RT1 in the wild.

Given how long this is going to take I may still wind up with something different but it is ordered and the best value of competing options for me.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I preferred the interior in the Premium, and while it's not often discussed, the Premium has acoustic-grade glass in the front windows. While I haven't seen measurements, that should make a noticeable difference in how quiet the car is.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I preferred the interior in the Premium, and while it's not often discussed, the Premium has acoustic-grade glass in the front windows. While I haven't seen measurements, that should make a noticeable difference in how quiet the car is.
While it's true the cabin is quieter, I find that with the regular glass the cabin is still pretty quiet on the highway.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Order my CA RT 1 in early December. Good to hear others are happy with that trim. The other considerations was the BBB bill tax credit and it’s 55k MSRP limit . The CA RT 1 qualified with the extended range AWD but the premium wouldn’t have. The bill is dead but you never know what congress will do

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Well considering the fact that there is not a zillion little explosions going on right in front of the windshield EVs in general are pretty quiet.

None of the EVs (even the PHEV when running on electricity) I've had have been very noisy, even on the freeway.

Freeman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Route 1 2021
Country flag
Just picked up my Route 1. I had originally ordered a 2022 Premium with the comfort package. HOWEVER, my wife advised a version with greater mileage. Then a dealership who knew I was also looking at the Route 1 had one in stock … the decision was pretty easy. I picked it up on Tuesday :)

What I miss:
  • Lighter interior (I’m not a fan of all black interiors)
  • Power lift gate (I like gadgets, the manual is perfectly fine)
  • Premium sound system (I love good sound systems … but the one in the Route 1 is still pretty good)
  • AC seats (but none of the Mach-E’s have that)
What I don’t miss:
  • Heated steering wheel (I’m on the Central Coast of CA … no need)
  • Multi color ambient lighting … seriously?
Best part of the Route 1 is the range for the price. I’m SOOOO glad I got the extra range. I also think ANY of the Mach-Es are a great choice. This is by far the most fun auto I have ever owned.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 4F25BB84-140E-47C3-A69B-0FFD947A9594

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why no one bought CA Route-1 A6323C26-EA1C-436C-9E71-A972251566B9

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Living in the great white north AWD was a requirement for me. And I really really wanted a heated steering wheel. So I bought premiums.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
my wife advised a version with greater mileage.
305 miles versus 300 isn't nothing, but it's only 1.66% more range. Your driving style has a MUCH greater effect on range. I'll expect your driving style, mindfulness, and technique can reasonably cost you 35% or more of your range, or give back an extra 25% or more if you are making an effort with good technique.

These are not gas-powered cars - how you drive it makes a huge difference. I could pull the effective range on the Bolt down from 238 to 160, and on one highway trip at reasonable speeds, I got over 315 by watching and considering my consumption the entire time.

We never paid that much attention when driving ICE vehicles, I think it taught bad habits.
Sponsored