Will Tesla still lead the BEV market in 3-5 years?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Mach E Cd is 0.285, a lot of websites got that wrong by quoting Ford saying LESS than 0.30. I take Jason at Engineering Explained at his word. Regardless your point stands that Tesla at 0.23 is significantly better. Mach E owners if you give up some styling and lose some frunk space you could have better efficiency.
Thanks. So our claim to fame is that weā€™re better than the ID.buzz :cool: (joking).
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Valuation is meaningless.
Valuation means someone is willing to put their money where their mouth is, which is much more meaningful than pontificating on online forums.

OP
OP
Jferrari427

Jferrari427

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Country flag
I hate to break it to you, but Tesla is the iPhone in this example :). We are at the stage where the customer is still demanding buttons, sounds familiar?
TouchĆ© lol. Yes it sure does. The other automakers have some catching up to do. I give Tesla a lot of credit for their software- itā€™s way better than other automakers. I just canā€™t get behind Tesla styling dude. Total amorphous egg šŸ„š lol. I refuse to drive a $60K car that looks like an egg.

Hammered

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Lol, Iā€™m so not taking this personal.

My point? Mine doesnā€™t and isnā€™t.

I think you bought the wrong car because all your criticisms actually do apply to YOUR car. Clearly you arenā€™t happy.
Did grease spot monkey block you yet? You're close to being blocked refuting his nonsense. He didn't like me pointing out that people who bought the MME being completely new to the brand wasn't the same as someone new to tesla also being new to the brand. He's got a general sense limit and you're close to if not already exceeding it. šŸ¤£

Hammered

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
TouchĆ© lol. Yes it sure does. The other automakers have some catching up to do. I give Tesla a lot of credit for their software- itā€™s way better than other automakers. I just canā€™t get behind Tesla styling dude. Total amorphous egg šŸ„š lol. I refuse to drive a $60K car that looks like an egg.
The 3 refresh is looking pretty decent, will have to wait until we see the whole package. The Y is in refresh and they really need to fix that shape. It's like bubble egg catfish looking thing. Not very attractive. They've already made the new motors / inverters / and have newer batts coming as well as migrating to structural packs. Their margins will continue to stay healthy with price decreases as they're reducing costs in manufacturing. We'll get 2 new vehicles this year from them and a Y refresh next year.

I just don't see the new roadster coming soon due to their desire to keep making loads of profitable vehicles vs an entirely new niche roadster. I could see the 2 and roadster somewhat being engineered about the same time, possibly awaiting the 12k ton press in development. If they're able to cast the 2 and the roadster in 1 go, that would be a pretty substantial leap. They're also continuing to bring in as much automation as possible. Exciting times -- would love to see what these machines could do for GAA as well.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hate to break it to you, but Tesla is the iPhone in this example :). We are at the stage where the customer is still demanding buttons, sounds familiar?
Remember the Blackberry. We said then nobody would buy a phone without buttons then they did. I agree before my wife got her tesla. Y I would want buttons everywhere like my GTPE but I was wrong. I found out many of the buttons are controlled on the steering wheel and all others with voice commands or from the home screen that has them all. Center screen isnt needed since large text shows speed and 3 cameras show left right and rear. No need to look at mirrors. Easy to adapt at 75 yrs old. I still like my GTPE better but can understand why teslas are so popular. You need to test drive one to better understand.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lol, Iā€™m so not taking this personal.

I said ā€œmy carā€ because I have a GTPE and you donā€™t.

You said it handles like shit, is bouncy, etc.

My point? Mine doesnā€™t and isnā€™t.

I think you bought the wrong car because all your criticisms actually do apply to YOUR car. Clearly you arenā€™t happy.
I have a GTPE and its great all around especially for someone 75 with a bad back. But my wifes 2023 model y has a lot to be said on a very comfortable ev and no complaints so for on anything. I can applaud Ford on its first ev especially my 2021 GTPE which I will never sell.
But the model y has alot of great features and I can now realize why it such a popular ev.

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
I give Tesla a lot of credit for pushing forward the BEV market as a whole, they took it mainstream. Tesla was first to mainstream market, doesnā€™t mean theyā€™ll be number 1 forever.

As almost all manufacturers now are pushing the BEV trend, do you think Tesla will still be the leader in 3-5 years in terms of sales volume?

IMO I donā€™t think so. Most manufacturers will have at least 5 BEVs+ (likely in 3-5 years) in their lineup giving consumers a ton of great options. I think Tesla will shrink compared to the mass flood of BEVs coming down the pipeline.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how this rapidly changing market evolve.

What do you think?
I am a participant of Quora and have answered this question many times in the last thrr
I give Tesla a lot of credit for pushing forward the BEV market as a whole, they took it mainstream. Tesla was first to mainstream market, doesnā€™t mean theyā€™ll be number 1 forever.

As almost all manufacturers now are pushing the BEV trend, do you think Tesla will still be the leader in 3-5 years in terms of sales volume?

IMO I donā€™t think so. Most manufacturers will have at least 5 BEVs+ (likely in 3-5 years) in their lineup giving consumers a ton of great options. I think Tesla will shrink compared to the mass flood of BEVs coming down the pipeline.

Itā€™ll be interesting to see how this rapidly changing market evolve.

What do you think?
I am a participant on Quora and have answered this question for the past three years. Some of the posts:
1. Will the new Toyota EV put Tesla out of business?
2. When the major manufacturers go EV will Tesla go out of business?
3. Does the Toyota fuel cell mean Tesla will be finished?

All of you know the answers now.
Elon said last year that the model Y would be a top selling car in the world.
I scoofed at that and now I'm eating my answer. It is the top selling car (gas or electric).
I believe BYD has the lead now in total EVs, but that is to be expected when China is pushing EVs and they are selling to a larger population.
Tesla leads because:
1. It has the best charging network in the world.
2. It has the best software group in the world.
3. It builds a car faster than any manufacturer.
4. It has no advertizing costs.
5. Since it builds most of its parts, the over-the-air updates work.
6. It is unencumbered with a dealer network pushing gas cars.

So don't hold your breathe for them to fail.
I own a MME, but those are the facts.
P.S. I'm assuming that an update has messed with my door keypad.
I can't get it to work and at the same time my door buttons need three jabs before they open. Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited:

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Pretty much every year for the last 20 years (that I can remember) all-knowing analysts have said the same thing about Apple, as many in this thread are saying about Tesla. Apple is still here and still a force in the market. Do they sell the most phones? Nope. But their market cap and cash reserves still make them one of the most valuable companies in the industry.

These comments in here assume Tesla won't improve as well in the next 3-5 years. If I could bet with all those here that say they'll be at the back of the pack in 3-5... I'd take that bet any day... Especially if it's a money line bet! šŸ’°

MJ's Mach E

First Name
Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In 3 to 5 years, as Tesla's profit margin declines as bev competition increases it would not be surprising that Musk sells Tesla. What company or companies have the resources?
Ford, GM, VW, Toyota.....
Don't laugh, the purchase makes sense to all 4 mentioned. Just think about it for a minute and you will come up with multiple issues this purchase solves for Ford, GM, VW, & Toyota.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In 3 to 5 years, as Tesla's profit margin declines as bev competition increases it would not be surprising that Musk sells Tesla. What company or companies have the resources?
Ford, GM, VW, Toyota.....
Don't laugh, the purchase makes sense to all 4 mentioned. Just think about it for a minute and you will come up with multiple issues this purchase solves for Ford, GM, VW, & Toyota.
You are aware of course that Tesla is more valuable than these companies combined, right? Even with the recent drop in stock price, it is worth $750B.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand, not really anything else you can say, it is what it is.
Unlike you, I'm not into personal attacks. Go away. No interest here.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You are aware of course that Tesla is more valuable than these companies combined, right? Even with the recent drop in stock price, it is worth $750B.
On paper, for now.

But it also explains why none of the other companies mentioned will buy Tesla.
Sponsored