Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
So I’ve discovered my IPhone 12 Pro Max doesn’t fit in the charging side of the mat. Does anyone know if there’s a rubber mat without the divider?
Pretty sure the divider is there to help with the alignment of the Qi coils, keeping the phone toward the upper right of the charging unit underneath.
I wish the built-in charging unit could be disabled. Then I could make a version of my passenger side charging mat that could have two MagSafe chargers and be raised up to accommodate larger phones.

In a way it's all moot. The iPhone gets very poor GPS reception down there, so if you prefer using your phone for navigation you're going to be avoiding the charging mat anyway. :-/
Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just went to the hardware store and found a thin rubber mat material. Cut out my own mat.

Tulsaboog

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Urologist
Country flag

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I wish there was one that had the little pocket at the bottom, instead of the top. I have a rubber case but my phone constantly slides down, especially when accelerating. Then stops charging.

So I have to put something at the bottom to keep it from sliding. For some reason just opening my phone doesn't work well either. It's also a hair too long.

The Flip 3 is hugely popular, haven't found one to accommodate it yet though. If anyone comes across one please feel free to let me know.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wireless phone charging mat too small. IMG_1623_20220205_094513