Wondering About GT Extended Range Dropping

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I’m jealous, my Orange County commute is all hilly so I get 180 to 190 at 90% in the summer in my GTPE. Now, 145 to 160 lol. At least before the update that reset everything. Now it says I get 210 on 90%, but it’s slowly going back down lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
redMachE22

redMachE22

First Name
Colins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach E GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’m jealous, my Orange County commute is all hilly so I get 180 to 190 at 90% in the summer in my GTPE. Now, 145 to 160 lol. At least before the update that reset everything. Now it says I get 210 on 90%, but it’s slowly going back down lol.
Every time, I drove up a hill at my kids' school ... I literally want to cry seeing my miles (display) going down.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yup, once its constantly below 73ish degrees here in San Diego the MME displayed range will start to drop. Dunno why people try to differentiate between estimated range vs actual range during cold weather. Both go down, estimated range just typically goes down more so than the actual range you drive. You will also end up seeing a smaller hit in our late summers when its crazy hot.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Being that I’m in the middle of this Nor Cal winter, and I can’t charge at home for the moment, having to DCFC for almost every charge as of recent, with a standard battery, my commutes have been brutal.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
62 F in my garage, 28 F outside. This morning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wondering About GT Extended Range Dropping Screenshot_20221214-073059_FordPass

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I feel like there should be a sticky notice at the top of this forum that says, ‘Your EV’s range will decrease in cold weather because the electrical reaction that is generated by electrolyte liquid that mixes with the lithium ion in the cells occurs at a slower pace when the weather gets colder. The electrical reaction factors into your range. Therefore, your range will be reduced in colder temperatures.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I had this issue also last year. I live an hour from my dealer so I figured I would diagnose the issue myself. Turned out I had an electron leak. Took me a while to figure it out but in March of this year I added some Stan’s No Tubes sealant I use for my bikes at the charge port. It worked till this November when I saw the drop again. I guess it dries up like it does in my bicycle tires and has to be refreshed every so often. I haven’t been able to add more but I plan to do so very soon.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So, I am from Los Angeles and this is where my GT extended range is charged. Before winter, at 90%, I easily get 260 miles out of a charge ... Of course that was during summer. The interesting thing is starting November, where the temperature in LA ranges from 43 low to 65 high ... Charging to 90% get me about 220 or less. Nothing change in term of driving habit or distance.
Is there anyone from Los Angeles that sees his or her charging went down significantly at this time of the month?
One more for the counter.
It's clear one of two things is happening:
  • During service your dealer swapped out the ER battery for the SR battery
  • One of your neighbors is siphoning your electrons

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My GT in Maryland sees well over 300 in summer. Todayat below 32 degrees it was still around 270. I only use heated seat and steering wheel and drive a lot with auto pilot. I do expect it to drop closer to 235 at its worst winter days, but I'm moving to SC and hoping for a bit warmer temps next month.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I don't know if it came to me via the Early Access program, or if its standard in one of the recent OTAs. But, the GOM range is alot more optimistic this winter. I was only down to about 220 at 90% when the weather hit freezing temps last week. (Previous winters would have shown < 200 for sure)

I noticed as I drove 3-miles, the GOM dropped by 6. I didn't keep following it, but guessing the ratio would have stayed similar, or at least higher than 1:1.

That makes the GOM actually less helpful than before, but I suppose its what people were clamoring for --- show the higher perceived range and complaints from customers will be reduced.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I don't know if it came to me via the Early Access program, or if its standard in one of the recent OTAs. But, the GOM range is alot more optimistic this winter. I was only down to about 220 at 90% when the weather hit freezing temps last week. (Previous winters would have shown < 200 for sure)

I noticed as I drove 3-miles, the GOM dropped by 6. I didn't keep following it, but guessing the ratio would have stayed similar, or at least higher than 1:1.

That makes the GOM actually less helpful than before, but I suppose its what people were clamoring for --- show the higher perceived range and complaints from customers will be reduced.
Update 3.6.2, which I got on 12/7. Updated DTE.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Well, that confirms it. :). Thanks gals/guys for sharing.
Yup 85% was getting 200 mi. In warm weather. Colder weather 85% I was getting 185 mi, now 160 mi.

Bay Area Ca, RWD SR
Sponsored