AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
A lot of what you'll see is also time frustration, we want it NOW! Which doesn't mean bad, just shows our impatience.
We purchased the car knowing it would be a bit of first edition jitters / trial / issues (built Dec 2020).
Yes, I've voiced a bit of frustration and complaint on the forum but in doing so I've learnt a lot.
And thanks to those who have responded (negative and positive) as its been good to re-think and keep on driving.

Thankfully my local dealer has been learning a lot and I'm seen as their guinea pig.
By the time I offload this car to my wife to get maybe a lightening, they'll have it all sorted.
On the positive, no real PAAK issues, key has always sat locked away in the house.
I can remember seeing lots of different issues, including the little screen hum last year. Apart from a small few, it was resolved. Just a small bad batch. Hopefully the JB is the same.

Enjoy the new car.
Sponsored

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I've been seeing a lot of threads recently about people selling their Mach-E's and with a list of issues. Their post seem to be more and more frequent and come up in the 'Latest post' list. Their issues within the list they make are sometimes valid, sometimes not. I worry I will experience some of these problems. I also identify that there are plenty of users that posted already and are happy with their purchase. But the people who have problems usually get more attention in their threads. Mine is shipping to me now. What are the odds something is wrong with mine when it comes?
I donā€™t have a a denominator so canā€™t give odds. My experience has been excellent. Phone as key issues are now virtually nonexistent. Key fob always works. Power train I like better than ICE vehicle. You will have to learn how to drive with the high torque, not an issue but more fun to drive. My experience production quality has been outstanding compared to previous ICE cars I have owned. It has a sport suspension so some have issues with a stiff/bouncing ride. I thoroughly enjoy my 7/21 build. When it comes in test drive it and you will be sold. If you donā€™t like it, the dealer will have no problems selling it.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The problem with forums like this is the complete lack of perspective. It's where people go to complain and it is an echo chamber focusing on these issues.

In the next month or so, Ford will pass 100,000 Mach e's built.

In the real world, you might experience some problem. But for perspective it's not very likely.
Hahaha ford will pass 100,000 built and only 25,000 in hands of customers!!!!!

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
In 2008 I bought a brand new model from a brand I didn't trust - a Saturn Outlook. It had lots going for it - for the time the design literally turned heads, it fit our growing family's needs (7 seater w/ captain's chairs in the 2nd row) and the price was right.

I knew there would be issues - and there were plenty. It was a net new design on GM's new Lambda platform. But I had an awesome dealer, and all the initial problems were fixed under warranty. Not once did it leave me stranded by the side of the road, and our family had nothing but good memories. We kept "The Great White" for 10 years.

I suspect the same will be true with you and the Mach-E. There are always problems, with every car, but over the years the great will likely outweigh the bad.

What you are experiencing is called "cognitive dissonance", something ad agencies help you overcome by creating ads to reassure you that you've made the right choice. This forum does not do that :)

So maybe get off the forum and just enjoy the car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The news doesnā€™t tell us about the 350,000 cars that made it safely to work today. They just talk about the 3 that crashed.

Forums work the same way.

No point in starting a thread that says: ā€œI pushed start on my car today and it started!ā€

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I would say thereā€™s a 100% chance something will go wrong, but has anyone ever owned a car where something didnā€™t go wrong? I bought a job 2 2021 and overall have had very few issues. Iā€™m thankful I havenā€™t had any major issues that have bricked the car.

Print out the towing instructions and keep it in the car.

Mkhuffman also recommended to carry a spare key wrapped in foil just in case. Iā€™ve never needed it but have it.

My next project is to try to find a nearby dealership that doesnā€™t suck.

Itā€™s the best car Iā€™ve ever owned and I have zero complaints overall.

The good news is if you hate it youā€™ll be able to get rid of it for probably more than you paid.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
A lot of people selling their cars are only doing so because of the crazy profit you can earn in this market. Iā€™ve seen the same thing on the camaro forums over the past year or so. The Mach-E is well past many of its first production run issues as other have stated, so I would not be too concerned.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have had the HVJB issue, that bricked the car, and had it stuck at the dealership for 3+ weeks. I have also had to bring the car in for the windshield reseal. Consider this: I had the nightmare scenario for this car, and I am almost certain it will happen again as they replaced my HVJB module with the exact same part that failed.

I still recommend the car. It's that damn good that being out of service for a month in the first year of ownership doesn't mean I'm getting rid of it. Maybe I'm crazy, but it's just the best car I've ever owned.

How many cars could let someone down like that, and still get a recommendation?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Do Ford Option with a 3 year term. A the end of your term if you don't like the car (if it has problems) then just sell it back to the dealer. Or trade in for another Mach E later build date/year.
Or sell it privately.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I also would agree with most of the posts on this Thread. We have a Job 2 2021 that was built on August 23rd. Our neighbor who ordered after we told them we had ordered ours has a 2022 they picked up in February, and our parents have a 2022 that they just got last month. (we have 2 other friends that also have a Mach-E on order now).

All of the cars that have been delivered have very happy owners (none are on this forum though). Speaking with other friends that own Tesla's and VW ID.4's I will say that the Mach-E is a Better car than a Tesla, and the Software is WAY better in the Ford than the VW. But really 90% of the complaints in this forum I would classify as "Nit-Picky."

The Mach-E as every advanced piece of technology with a lot of software in it will not behave 100% of the time. Back when cars where simplistic with very little software a new car behaved the same way ever time you used the key to open the door stuck it in the ignition and turned the car over. Now a Mach-E, like an iPhone, modern computer, heck even like a website, will probably function as intended 99% of the time. Our PAAK has problems for example, maybe once every 2 weeks it does not work as intended and we use the key-code to enter the vehicle. It is frustrating when it happens, but we don't expect any modern piece of technology to be 100% perfect.

Bottom line is drive the car, love it, and you won't be let down. :)

GrGuy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Some of what you're seeing is selection bias. People with problems are vocal about it. Nobody is going to start a thread about how uneventful the ownership experience is. I would recommend seeking out more objective information about customer satisfaction. I get that automotive press can be biased too, but there are sources that explain the methods they use, I would encourage you to look at that. Searching for anything followed by "problems" will give results. I'm not saying that the car is perfect or that nothing can go wrong, I'm just saying that critics tend to have the loudest voices. I've owned mine for about 9 months with no major problems. I had the display randomly switch to km/h instead of MPH once and had to switch it back. That's it.
Sponsored