Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
The more I use my EV the more I am convinced these will become holes in our pockets! I need a good Hybrid and a sports car or maybe an AWD Prius and none of this bs.
Pretend your MME is a prius (no BC) or a sports car (no BC) and just don't renew BC

I find operating the thing to be very cheap.
Sponsored

ImVeryLost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GMC Canyon AT4, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Prem
Country flag
This topic made me review my cars details. I bought it with lifetime BlueCruise. The expiration stated January 5th 2075. Now it says December 2025... what a sad day.

Oh well not like I'm going to give a crap. BlueCruise isn't functional in Alaska anyway :)

ImVeryLost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GMC Canyon AT4, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Prem
Country flag
Uhhh………no.
Well obviously it wasn't a package deal but the expiration date indicated lifetime lol.

But as I said in the full text of my post, I don't care because it's not like it'll be of any use anyway for me

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
IMO, the new pricing would be more justified if BC 1.2's map coverage were as extensive as SuperCruise's.

Sillybibbles

First Name
Mr. Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2023 Select RWD
Country flag
Just for reference, the Tesla closest equivalent is $6K one time, and the fuller self-drive (more functions than BlueCruise) is $15,000.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Pretend your MME is a prius (no BC) or a sports car (no BC) and just don't renew BC

I find operating the thing to be very cheap.
So it starts by pretending no BC, then you start by pretending you can't stream, then you pretend you don't have heated seats, then you pretend you don't have plug and charge, then you pretend you don't need 360, eventually you pay $60k to buy a car and pretend you are driving 2012 Toyota Corolla unless you fork out $300 per month extra for services.

I am in the IT industry, we are now paying freaking fees to use our $60k and $100k servers, on prem physical servers so be careful what you pretend.

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
BlueCruise renewal for Mustang Mach-E, excluding certain model year 2021 vehicles, is $800 per year or $75 per month at the end of any initial subscription or trial period.
I guess you folks didn't read the pages of negative feedback about the price.

There is NO confusion about how much you're wanting to charge for it. Your customers are just giving you the finger over the price and your response is just another canned quote.

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
As a 2021 Job 1 customer I'm glad Ford is honoring the pricing at $600 for 3 years.

I'll be renewing at the end of this year when the free extension is up for sure. Since I've had BC 1.0 for free for awhile now (should have renewed in April but was extended to Dec 2023).

Wish the $600 price for 3 years was permanent for each renewal cycle, but I get it.
Don't be their sucker and even pay the $200/yr. At least not until they commit to rolling out BC 1.2.

I use it every day to/from work, but it lacks enough features and refinement to be worthy of a subscription at all right now.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just for reference, the Tesla closest equivalent is $6K one time, and the fuller self-drive (more functions than BlueCruise) is $15,000.
FWIW, I wouldn't buy EAP for $6k, and certainly not FSD. But one important difference is that they stay with the car when it's sold, so they do retain some resale value. I would guess the HFBC hardware is worth about $0 in resale value after the trial expires, since no one is willing to pay the $800/yr to use it.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
FWIW, I wouldn't buy EAP for $6k, and certainly not FSD. But one important difference is that they stay with the car when it's sold, so they do retain some resale value. I would guess the HFBC hardware is worth about $0 in resale value after the trial expires, since no one is willing to pay the $800/yr to use it.
Sure, but $15k is ~19 years of $800/year, and $6k is 7.5 years... It's not as if the price of the car with one of those options will be the same as a car without it. IMO, paying upfront is much worse because purchasing it upfront limits the resale audience to a much smaller group of people. At least with yearly subscription pricing, a person can opt out of it whenever they like, including upon purchasing a used vehile.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sure, but $15k is ~19 years of $800/year, and $6k is 7.5 years... It's not as if the price of the car with one of those options will be the same as a car without it. IMO, paying upfront is much worse because purchasing it upfront limits the resale audience to a much smaller group of people. At least with yearly subscription pricing, a person can opt out of it whenever they like, including upon purchasing a used vehile.
Ok, fair enough. At least Tesla posts this price front and center, and you can take it or leave it. Hopefully we can agree that what Ford is doing is quite different, and pretty awful.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Ok, fair enough. At least Tesla posts this price front and center, and you can take it or leave it. Hopefully we can agree that what Ford is doing is quite different, and pretty awful.
I think the way Ford handled it was dumb. I think the price is much, much better than the price of what brand t charges. I wouldn't pay either price. I might pay $10-$15/month or $200/yr for what Ford offers. I wouldn't take payment to be brand t's beta tester.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I think the way Ford handled it was dumb. I think the price is much, much better than the price of what brand t charges. I wouldn't pay either price. I might pay $10-$15/month or $200/yr for what Ford offers. I wouldn't take payment to be brand t's beta tester.
I was willing to pay $200/yr if my car stayed current with BC versions (like version 1.2, to begin with). But had I known that Ford was going to be this aggressive with their subscription price increases and treat its customers like this, I don't think I would have purchased this car last year. That's why I'm pretty salty about this situation.
Sponsored