dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
Have y’all noticed the YouTube app got an update? It’s a lot faster and smoother than before. I don’t know which PowerUp updated it, but I like it. I noticed today after 4.2.3, but I haven’t used the YouTube app since before 4.2.2.

CC1DB486-6D62-4446-9532-DA889C265719.jpeg
Sponsored

superlarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 California Rt 1 Edition
Country flag
I'm on 4.2.2 and havent tried it out yet, but will next time I go to charge!

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
This is great news because it was so slow and glitchy before it became unusable. It's a bit of a joke that the apps in the car suck so much, but also that Ford already packaged the slow and glitchy app into its own product and are making people pay.

(before anyone asks, you have to pay to use it with the cars internet service if not you have to connect the car to wifi before using it)

I don't have 4.2.2 yet, but if they fix the YouTube app and add just one worthwhile streaming service (Netflix, Hulu, Hbomax, etc.), and they both aren't glitchy and terrible to use, I'd gladly sign up for the Ford Streaming service.

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I havn't tried lately but I've never been able to get my car to connect to my phones hot spot. Ever.

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
I still don't have a youtube app and have no clue if I can add one.. The list of phone apps it offers has nothing that I would actually use. Definitely youtube is not on the list that pops up on my screen.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
4.2.1 crashed like 4 times today, once I got it launched I learned you can't log in if you have mfa using a yubikey or similar device, because it just stays waiting for it even though you cant plug it anywhere in the car.

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
I had to disable CarPlay (in the Mach E) to be able to get it to connect to my iPhone hotspot.

I don’t know if that’s a one-time thing or if I have to disable it every time. Kind of a hassle.

Good to hear the app has been updated and is better. It was effectively unusable. It could play videos just fine but attempting to find them and start watching was unbearable.

I’ll have to try it again.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I havn't tried lately but I've never been able to get my car to connect to my phones hot spot. Ever.
I had a hard time too (iPhone) the truck seems to be changing the country on the keyboard and then changing it back to US. Then it will accept the password and connect.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don’t know if that’s a one-time thing or if I have to disable it every time. Kind of a hassle.
It’s just how wireless CarPlay and Android Auto work, it connects via Wi-Fi to the car and Bluetooth

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
4.2.1 crashed like 4 times today, once I got it launched I learned you can't log in if you have mfa using a yubikey or similar device, because it just stays waiting for it even though you cant plug it anywhere in the car.
I have a 5c nano and a couple MFC keys, even a 4nano. I’d have thought that the USB’s in the console actually acted like USB but I wouldn’t put it past Ford to not accept data via USB. I have a couple back up mfa’s for that reason.
Not that I really’needed’ yt in my car.

Mine won’t take the password. Which is actually a basic password.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I have a 5c nano and a couple MFC keys, even a 4nano. I’d have thought that the USB’s in the console actually acted like USB but I wouldn’t put it past Ford to not accept data via USB. I have a couple back up mfa’s for that reason.
Not that I really’needed’ yt in my car.

Mine won’t take the password. Which is actually a basic password.
I tried out of curiosity, sync just displays a message saying usb decide not supported.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I had to disable CarPlay (in the Mach E) to be able to get it to connect to my iPhone hotspot.
It’s just how wireless CarPlay and Android Auto work, it connects via Wi-Fi to the car and Bluetooth
It is possible, but may depend on the phone. On my Galaxy, I can have Android Auto and the Mach E connected to the hotspot at the same time

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It is possible, but may depend on the phone. On my Galaxy, I can have Android Auto and the Mach E connected to the hotspot at the same time
Wirelessly?
Sponsored