JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Having shipped my car to and from Hawaii a few times, it's also worth noting that once it gets off of the railcar there can still be other delays. Often the car transport trucks are making a route and try to collect and drop off as many cars along the route as possible. I would imagine that for these larger-scale transports Ford would hopefully have the truck full on its own, but the Mach-E may sit until there's a truck with space for it, and if the truck is largely empty, it may go on a bit of a detour as the carrier picks up other cars for delivery to the general vicinity. It's unlikely you'll get a truck that ferries the vehicle directly even if it's otherwise empty.

Ocean transport is another fun game. Again I'd hope that Ford or commercial sale vehicles have some special pull or reserved cargo slots that regular individuals do not, but transport between California and Hawaii takes something like 1-3 weeks (I honestly can't remember the time anymore - it's been a few years). If your car arrives and is loaded right on time for the boat to leave, you won't wait long. If it literally just missed the boat, it's going to be sitting at the dock for 2-3 weeks before the next boat arrives, is loaded, and departs. Even then, you need to wait for it to be unloaded and sorted at the dock; that was an easy part for me, just go and pick it up, but here we'd also need to wait for transport to collect it from the dock, deliver it to the dealer, and then they'd do their inspection and cleaning process... but I look forward to that time when it's a week or less until pickup, and each day feels agonizing. Although maybe, having waited months already, it won't feel agonizing at all.
There's also the unpredictable tragedy.
Such as the Felicity Ace, the cargo ship carrying ~4,000 cars and SUVs from brands including Audi, Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini, sunk. It had caught fire February 16th and its crew abandoned the ship.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652581075612
Sponsored

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
TanyaE: East Coast rail distribution of MME is by CSX, after the rail cars come from Mexico via Kansas City Southern.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652581075612
In tracking a ton of build weeks, I've never seen anything come by CSX except maybe Florida. East coast deliveries seem almost entirely Norfolk Southern, not CSX

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Does anybody know how these cars are shipped? I know by train, sea, and trucks but logistics for west coast or east coast or Midwest? They don’t travel the same. I would love to know how my Mach e will be transported to NC?

Your MME will come into Roanoke, VA or Greensboro if you are central or eastern NC. By rail. With the last leg by truck.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Now 7 days to build week, should be able to get window sticker soon. :cool:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In tracking a ton of build weeks, I've never seen anything come by CSX except maybe Florida. East coast deliveries seem almost entirely Norfolk Southern, not CSX
You're the train man.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652723918347

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
No luck getting a window sticker yet, but I'm just glad the build week is holding lol.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No window sticker yet, but I did notice on my order status that the Power Liftgate and Park Assist Kit are listed and the Laminated windows are not. Hoping to view the Window Sticker soon to ensure the feature I wanted on the Premium over the CA Rt1 are included. 🤞

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652787866448

Srujan

First Name
SR27
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select
Country flag
Got my window sticker too!!!

Bullitt

First Name