Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium GB
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
10 days until build week 5/23/22 - anyone get access to their window sticker? :cool:

OP
OP

shereth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus ST, 2022 MME GT (ordered)
Country flag
10 days until build week 5/23/22 - anyone get access to their window sticker? :cool:
The 5/16 crowd are just now getting theirs, so I'd give it another week before you expect to see yours.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
It is hard to believe it is almost our turn. Are yā€™all getting excited?

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Past experience says that you should expect the window sticker next week. Doesnā€™t guarantee that you wonā€™t slide in the production process after getting it but you will have ā€˜proof of lifeā€™. šŸ‘

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
The ā€˜flash to bangā€™ of production to delivery spanned ~2 months last time. Some longer some shorter in that build week cohort.

Get ready for an expectation whiplash as you go through. But worth it in the end. šŸ‘šŸ’°

My3rdPonyCar

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus ST, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The large number of units "scheduled" for 5/2/22 week seems to have resulted in lots of those MME units getting pushed off into later weeks. Apparently, from this forum's participants, no new batches were assigned to the 5/9/22 build week, or they weren't disclosed on this forum. (Since relatively few Europeans comment in these scheduling or build week threads, this forum will likely miss info that non-US batches were built and shipped.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652554851818

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Yes. I placed my order back in October, and even before that I was waiting for 2022 orders to open back around August 2021. Up until now I've sort of idly been considering the timeline, pushing it back a bit each time four Thursdays would go by without scheduling. But now we're a week away from the car physically manifesting, and then it becomes a matter of build and shipping logistics. The delivery timeline becomes more concrete. A lot can still go wrong but after months of theorizing about what might be occurring on the back-end with scheduling and supply chain issues, it'll be nice to instead of thinking about rail lines and truck (and for me, ocean) transport.

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Yes, very excited! Can't wait to get the window sticker.
Someone in the California forum said it took 7 weeks for them to get their MME delivered to San Diego after it was produced. Hope mine doesn't take that long.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Does anybody know how these cars are shipped? I know by train, sea, and trucks but logistics for west coast or east coast or Midwest? They donā€™t travel the same. I would love to know how my Mach e will be transported to NC?

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Does anybody know how these cars are shipped? I know by train, sea, and trucks but logistics for west coast or east coast or Midwest? They donā€™t travel the same. I would love to know how my Mach e will be transported to NC?
Saw this in the 4/11/22 build week thread.

"Your Mach-e is loaded onto a railcar at the factory's trainyard in Mexico and doesn't come off the railcar until it reaches the ramp that is identified on your window sticker. You can get the railcar number from your dealer or Ford chat."

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652570345972
Ford Mustang Mach-E 05/23/22 Build Week Chat 1652570861679

MME assembly plant Cuautitlan, Mexico, north of Mexico City. Most MME are delivered to US and Canada by rail, crossing border at Loredo with transfer point at Kansas City rail yards. From there they go by rail to CSX East US, Burlington Northern or UP to west. If distance from transfer point is "near" destination dealer, it's put on a truck. Sometimes there is a wait at sorting yard to allow assembly of trains for particular destination regions. At destination region, MME is moved off train to truck for delivery to dealer. I've seen on this forum that some US East coast destinations are served by car carrier ships from Veracruz, I think. There are ways to track progress of your MME through these steps found on this forum.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Having shipped my car to and from Hawaii a few times, it's also worth noting that once it gets off of the railcar there can still be other delays. Often the car transport trucks are making a route and try to collect and drop off as many cars along the route as possible. I would imagine that for these larger-scale transports Ford would hopefully have the truck full on its own, but the Mach-E may sit until there's a truck with space for it, and if the truck is largely empty, it may go on a bit of a detour as the carrier picks up other cars for delivery to the general vicinity. It's unlikely you'll get a truck that ferries the vehicle directly even if it's otherwise empty.

Ocean transport is another fun game. Again I'd hope that Ford or commercial sale vehicles have some special pull or reserved cargo slots that regular individuals do not, but transport between California and Hawaii takes something like 1-3 weeks (I honestly can't remember the time anymore - it's been a few years). If your car arrives and is loaded right on time for the boat to leave, you won't wait long. If it literally just missed the boat, it's going to be sitting at the dock for 2-3 weeks before the next boat arrives, is loaded, and departs. Even then, you need to wait for it to be unloaded and sorted at the dock; that was an easy part for me, just go and pick it up, but here we'd also need to wait for transport to collect it from the dock, deliver it to the dealer, and then they'd do their inspection and cleaning process... but I look forward to that time when it's a week or less until pickup, and each day feels agonizing. Although maybe, having waited months already, it won't feel agonizing at all.
Sponsored