1/31 Build Week gang

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Galpin said they don't think they are doing that. Anyone know if that is a Ford thing or a Dealer offer? I'm on X plan if that matters. I pick the car up in 15 hours.

By the way, 281 days. That's 1 day longer than it takes on average to have a baby.
I took delivery on Saturday at South Bay Ford in Hawthorne. They gave me the 2500 options bonus cash from time of order. I'm not sure what that is now in May, but it was 2000 in April.

I also had X-Plan at the October price. Plus the 750 for 21>22 order transfer.

The one thing they couldn't offer was protection on the options APR, so I paid the April 2.7% instead of 2.49%. On another thread there was a theory that it might be because a 2022 MY options APR didn't exist to protect from that time.
Sponsored

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I took delivery on Saturday at South Bay Ford in Hawthorne. They gave me the 2500 options bonus cash from time of order. I'm not sure what that is now in May, but it was 2000 in April.

I also had X-Plan at the October price. Plus the 750 for 21>22 order transfer.

The one thing they couldn't offer was protection on the options APR, so I paid the April 2.7% instead of 2.49%. On another thread there was a theory that it might be because a 2022 MY options APR didn't exist to protect from that time.
I'll press for it - thanks for letting me know!

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Any new owners successfully get BlueCruise to work. I can get hands on, no problem, but I would think San Diego freeways would be 3d mapped. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

*Edit* I figured it out. In my General, Sync settings it says I have handsfree driving until 14-03-2022. Ford.com says I should have it until April of 2025. I'll be contacting support.

*Edit #2* - Started this thread over in the SYNC forums and it appears my dealer was supposed to update it prior to giving me the car. The "Ford Motor Company" account contacted me and is looking into it.
I was stuck in a hands on only mode.

I had to perform a master reset which solved my problem. In my case the connected services were listed as active for me at ford.com/connectedservices but Connected Navigation on the car itself could not be turned on.

Here is my thread
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/blue-cruise-in-metro-atlanta-hands-free-for-anyone.16538/

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I was stuck in a hands on only mode.

I had to perform a master reset which solved my problem. In my case the connected services were listed as active for me at ford.com/connectedservices but Connected Navigation on the car itself could not be turned on.

Here is my thread
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/blue-cruise-in-metro-atlanta-hands-free-for-anyone.16538/
Checked from my end but I can turn those features on and off without issue. I've been in touch with my dealer who need to do a 3d maps update. I've been informed it shouldn't take longer then 15min. We'll see... Appointment is Friday.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Checked from my end but I can turn those features on and off without issue. I've been in touch with my dealer who need to do a 3d maps update. I've been informed it shouldn't take longer then 15min. We'll see... Appointment is Friday.
In my case the car was delivered without the map update. The map update came OTA a couple days later but I still had to do the master reset to get hands free.

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
In my case the car was delivered without the map update. The map update came OTA a couple days later but I still had to do the master reset to get hands free.
oh really? I guess I can try that... what's it gonna hurt. I checked software updates and it doesn't see any... I'm at work now but will try later this evening.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After an 8 month wait finally got it home yesterday. It feels great, drives great and looks great. Dealer experience went well. Dealer was Geweke Ford in Yuba City Ca. I had hit them up previously regarding price protection. They took the $2000. off the current MSRP, no issue. They honored the $750 21 to 22 MY change. They also participate in the Calif clean air program so I got a 750. credit from the state of Calif. I went with the option program and got the 2500. incentive at time of order instead of the current 2000. incentive. They quoted me 2.70% rate which I thought it was 2.49% at order date. I didn’t argue with them as I’m planning on paying off anyways. All in all I thought everything went fairly well. Now I have to figure how everything works and to get it programmed to my liking. I’m thankful to the forum and it’s members because I would have been unaware of price protection and incentives at order date without all of you. As suggested previously here, start the conversation before delivery with your dealer about price protection and incentives.

965C8576-6693-4439-9772-357EF25F8906.jpeg

EEB32256-3C50-450B-9BEC-4CAF3A929549.jpeg

34BAE415-5DAF-4F12-8467-B7FB431A45A9.jpeg
Ain’t this some shit, my car is due today, called on Monday and my salesman said it was in Texas and now I got an email that my car won’t be to Folsom California until June 1st. Yup I am driving up there now. Not happy with this process. Been waiting song July of 2021!! And to top things off I am on vacation that week!!! Ford is failing big time on this.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As of Friday, Ford currently was at 2.74% for 36 thru 72 months and 3.74% for 84 months. You'll be able to go into

As of Friday Ford's current rate was 2.74% for 36 to 72 months and 3.74% for 84 months. I think the rate was .25% better back when we ordered but I think Ford raised it when the Feds increased there rate a couple of months ago. Once your car is ready for delivery you'll be able to go into my account on Ford.com and check out the current rates. The fed's are meeting this week again and plan on raising rates .50% so that could have a bearing on current rates. Your dealer can go into smart vincent and pull the rate and incentives at time of order. Are you considering the option program? At order that was a $2500. incentive, currently as of Friday it was $2000. That's free money.
Yeah I want the $2500 incentive. After all I am going through in getting this car I want everything I can get. My car is now pushed out another month after I was told it was in Laredo on Monday.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
First and foremost, wow. I picked up my car today. Fantastic. A short test drive does not do the car justice.

A few things I wanted to share, first about the buying experience.

Galpin Ford and specifically my salesman Neil Stone was fantastic. He really worked to do everything he could to make me happy. There was confusion about the $750 credit for the rollover from '21 to '22. First it didn't show up because I have just moved and had updated my address in my Ford.com account. Once that was fixed we found it, but Ford kept kicking it out when he would load the Options purchase plan. It appeared that the $750 was not stackable on top of Options. He pointed out however that he could not find that written in any fine print, that it was just coded that way in the software, so he forced the discount anyway manually. When is the last time a Dealer did that?

Then we looked at Options. I asked for the old $2500 instead of the current $2000. He reset the date on the record back to last year when I ordered the car and Options reset to the full $2500 (albeit the interest rate did not revert.

He put in my X plan no problem, and made sure I didn't pay for any dealer add ons. He didn't send me to a finance manager, he printed, scanned and processed everything at his desk in a few minutes. He never once left his desk to "go ask the General Manager". I could not have expected better treatment from family

To be clear - Galpin will charge ADM on a Mach E that was not reserved however, regardless of the salesperson.

As for the car - better than expected. It's faster than I expected (never floored it on the test drive), and the suspension has been fine having driven it over some known problem roads.

I had lamented before delivery that I wished the car had an easier access camera button, but I take it back, the car senses that I'm pulling into the garage and turns it on automatically.

PAAK seems to work well.

I'm having a little trouble getting the Homelink to learn off my Genie remote, but I think that's pretty typical for Homelink. When I have time I presume I can conquer that using the learn button on the opener itself.

That and my neighbor and I got into the back seat for a minute to admire the panoramic roof and I did not realize I had hit the child safety lock button, so we were locked in for about 30 seconds until my wife let us out. User error.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't pop for the GT or GTPE... I just don't need a car that fast. Maybe the magnaride would be nice on some roads, but I just do not need a car as fast as it is now, much less any faster.

Finally I was talking to a friend in the driveway as the sun was setting and I got to watch the color shift repeatedly on the Space White as evening fell... Wow... What a beautiful car and color. Ford has a lot to be proud of, inside and out on this car.

For those still waiting, it will be worth the wait.

For anyone in SoCal considering a Ford/Honda/Jaguar etc., Go meet Neil Stone, the VIP sales rep at Galpin Ford (but he will also sell you anything in the Galpin family of cars.).

Homer007

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Just in case anyone was following my BLueCruise issue... Dealer was supposed to install update 22P08 on my car prior to selling it to me as my maps expired during transit from Mexico. The dealer was able to see that I had a "recall" on my car to install the update. I have an appt. Monday to get this done. They expect it to only take bout 15-30 minutes.

pingpongchamp

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium AWD
Occupation
Highway Ranger
Country flag
We've had our car now for about 2 weeks. We are loving it. This past two days we did a Disney trip and the blue cruise worked amazing. was able to go hand free about 95% of the way. Its a pretty straight shot from Bako down to Anaheim on the 5 but even still it worked better than i had hoped! Hope everyone get theirs worked out!

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
We've had our car now for about 2 weeks. We are loving it. This past two days we did a Disney trip and the blue cruise worked amazing. was able to go hand free about 95% of the way. Its a pretty straight shot from Bako down to Anaheim on the 5 but even still it worked better than i had hoped! Hope everyone get theirs worked out!
I’ve been taking a lot of trips to Ventura and dislike the non BC part of the trip (I-5 to Santa Paula on the 126) now.

UCF_2004

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium Star White
Country flag
3 weeks in loving the car but I just washed it and noticed that there are several lug nuts that are rusting already. Never seen this on a new car. Seems like improper chroming. Anyone else experiencing this? The car is stored in a garage not outside.

tempImagelpbDWN.png

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I have to say the dealership experience was great. And that's saying something for a guy who gets that pit-of-the-stomach feeling every time he walks on a car lot. I usually call them Stealerships. My new salesperson was much more engaged than the first guy. He's gone.

First, we hit a roadblock because I financed some of the car. When he tried to run credit reports it blocked it. I was so excited I forgotten I had freezes on all credit agencies, so I have to unlock them to pull credit. I couldn't get the one they use to unlock. Talk about frustrated! He simply said he was going to put a dealer tag on my car, and we could take her home. I could get things unlocked and come back the next day.

Also, the price on the car invoice was the latest sticker, which was about $3000 higher than the earlier protected price. When I pointed it out, he immediately went to the sales manager and had it fixed to the original price. They both apologized for the mistake. No dock fee other than the destination and delivery $1100 on the original invoice. No pressure or gimmicks from the finance guy either. All in all, I couldn't have asked for better. By the way, they are Ken Wilson Ford in Candler NC. I'd recommend them to anyone!
Just one more follow up and shout out to Ken Wilson Ford in Candler, NC and the salesperson, Terry Hawkins. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the car, btw. I got something from them in the mail. When I opened it up it was a check for $17.25. It said for overpayment of the tax and tag. I was shocked! Talk about ethical and aboveboard. I would have never known, and it's certainly not much money. Talk about integrity after the sale!
Sponsored