mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I got the recall OTA (I'm in the early access program, not sure if that matters for when the OTA recall went out), but I need to bring my car in for frequent 12v battery faults and a few smaller issues.
Sponsored

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
I’m hoping to avoid the dealer and get it OTA.
Unfortunately I haven't gotten any of the major updatess (like the 90% DC fast charge one). I suspect I have to go to the dealership to get it done. Plus i'm nearing 10000 miles :/

SpringsMarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Anybody bring their Mach E in yet for any recalls or software updates? I'm bringing mine in next week or so and I was curious how long it would take (if I needed a rental or not)
Mine was one of the 44 or so built in Oct 2021 with the rear seatbelt problem. While waiting for the recall appointment at the dealer, I told passengers that they were welcome to ride in the back as long as they know that they might die. No one seemed interested in riding in the back seats.

To the point, that recall took just a few hours: in and out in the same day. This morning I received a “Service Vehicle Soon” warning that was no longer present when I restarted the vehicle. I am guessing that my local dealer has some contactors waiting for me.

I am still waiting for the magic iPhone / Mach-E special charger map integration update.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Mine was one of the 44 or so built in Oct 2021 with the rear seatbelt problem. While waiting for the recall appointment at the dealer, I told passengers that they were welcome to ride in the back as long as they know that they might die. No one seemed interested in riding in the back seats.

To the point, that recall took just a few hours: in and out in the same day. This morning I received a “Service Vehicle Soon” warning that was no longer present when I restarted the vehicle. I am guessing that my local dealer has some contactors waiting for me.

I am still waiting for the magic iPhone / Mach-E special charger map integration update.
I had the connector OTA update Tues and then today, I opened Apple Maps in the car and saw this (I usually use Waze, so this was my first time opening Apple Maps in a while):

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/11 build week gang 1658090807181

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
Unfortunately I haven't gotten any of the major updatess (like the 90% DC fast charge one). I suspect I have to go to the dealership to get it done. Plus i'm nearing 10000 miles :/
Best of luck. My service advisor had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I asked about having the tech install that update, despite my offering to pay for the time/labor.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Best of luck. My service advisor had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I asked about having the tech install that update, despite my offering to pay for the time/labor.
Ya practically have to have the bulletin post for dealers to use.

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
went to theodore robbins ford for my update. Took about 2 hours. I think I got the update because my carplay screen is bigger and I have the games on my screen now

mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Hi fellow 10/11 Build Week Gang Members. Long time no talk. I've been giving this a lot of thought and I figured this was the best group to share it with.

Our timing to purchase the Mach E couldn't have been more PERFECT! Here's why:

1. Our builds were some of the first to come with BlueCruise and PAAK installed. We didn't have to wait for an OTA or go to the dealer. I'm a big fan of BlueCruise and will probably subscribe when and if we have to pay for it and I haven't had any issues with PAAK.

2. Our builds came before all the functionality started to get stripped away because of the chip shortage. This means that we got all the bells and whistles that the car was intended to have.

3. Our builds most likely came before the price increase that came around July 2021.

4. We got the full tax rebate

5. No dealer mark up (at least for me)

6. While we waited a long time to get it, the wait hasn't gotten any shorter. In fact, you can't even order one right now.

Would love to hear how you are all feeling now that we're coming up on owning it for a year.
I have to agree with everything you said. I feel like I waited just long enough that I was not the early adopter who has all the issues. They worked out the bugs, the features came installed, and the car is working great. The only issue I have had just came up with the latest update that cleared my charge locations and won't let me reinstall it. Other than that; I haven't had a complaint!

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I have to agree with everything you said. I feel like I waited just long enough that I was not the early adopter who has all the issues. They worked out the bugs, the features came installed, and the car is working great. The only issue I have had just came up with the latest update that cleared my charge locations and won't let me reinstall it. Other than that; I haven't had a complaint!
Mine got cleared too. Why Ford cannot sync to cloud update and then restore config is pathetic. Its like a windows update and you have lost all of your settings. That never happens.
Sponsored