jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
You are sure the dealer will refund your non-refundable deposit? Does your dealer know you are doing this?
It's completely refundable. But maybe that varies by state? Here in CA, it's always refundable. And yes, I have been very upfront with my dealer

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/18 Build Week Gang 1635484917211
Sponsored

Last edited:

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
No new information but I just received the email from Ford telling me my car will be built the week of 10/18/2021.

Good thing as I was beginning to worry when it would be built.
Got the same email yesterday

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's completely refundable. But maybe that varies by state? Here in CA, it's always refundable. And yes, I have been very upfront with my dealer
D9ED9A45-F263-44EA-A6E3-1DC4968DCBEF.jpeg

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Battery eAWD
Country flag
Was watching an alexonautos YouTube video last night where Alex talked about selling cars right now in the supply constrained market. He mentioned selling his mach e soon and that the quotes he is receiving from car buying websites are above what he paid (my guess is after all the rebates and tax credits). Also not sure if he meant including taxes. His car has about 15k miles on it. Doesn't feel like chip shortage is going away anytime soon and if you can afford to outright buy, get your rebates / tax credits, and then sell, you may be able to flip for profit. "may" is the operative word. I plan to keep my order open even if the car shows in 2022 and not cancel just to have options. Otherwise dealers will gladly take my canceled car, put a ADM on it, and sell it.

sunkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD ext. range
Country flag
I plan to keep my order open even if the car shows in 2022 and not cancel just to have options. Otherwise dealers will gladly take my canceled car, put a ADM on it, and sell it.
I placed a second order recently for a '22 model because 1) I have been having second thoughts about RWD v. AWD and 2) I was thinking the same: sell the '21 for a profit or breaking even. However, if the '21 doesn't show up before the new year, that throws a wrench into the gears of this plan as I wouldn't be able to claim the tax credit for both cars (correct me if I'm wrong!).

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
I placed a second order recently for a '22 model because 1) I have been having second thoughts about RWD v. AWD and 2) I was thinking the same: sell the '21 for a profit or breaking even. However, if the '21 doesn't show up before the new year, that throws a wrench into the gears of this plan as I wouldn't be able to claim the tax credit for both cars (correct me if I'm wrong!).
It depends on your federal tax burden. There isn’t a limit to the number of cars you can claim as far as I’m aware.

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
….dead silence….

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
It looks like a whole bunch of people in the 10/11 thread are getting modules and ship dates and estimated delivery dates. So perhaps we'll start getting good news next week? But then again, rumors of a (new) chip hold and future build weeks getting pushed back and the 2022 build start date getting pushed back .... it's hard to tell whether to be worried or excited or ... perhaps a little grumpy.

ayc5289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Extended Battery eAWD
Country flag
It looks like a whole bunch of people in the 10/11 thread are getting modules and ship dates and estimated delivery dates. So perhaps we'll start getting good news next week? But then again, rumors of a (new) chip hold and future build weeks getting pushed back and the 2022 build start date getting pushed back .... it's hard to tell whether to be worried or excited or ... perhaps a little grumpy.
Sounds like we should all check in this time next week to see if our modules are lighting up. Hang in there everyone

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Sounds like we should all check in this time next week to see if our modules are lighting up. Hang in there everyone
FWIW, my XR RWD premium had a 10/11 production date and showed as built on 10/15. The modules also showed the same day. It was shipped on the 19th, but so far nothing on palsapp.

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
So I finally got my email from Ford saying:

"We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of October 18, 2021."

Today is October 29. . . The reservations and orders page has had a build week of 10/18 for several weeks now. (I ordered on 5/9.)

The only thing I can think of is that I'm in the next batch in the queue . . . I thought I was scheduled before, and I guess I am really scheduled now . . .

NO_ICE

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Tacoma, 2007 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I finally got my email from Ford saying:

"We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of October 18, 2021."

Today is October 29. . . The reservations and orders page has had a build week of 10/18 for several weeks now. (I ordered on 5/9.)

The only thing I can think of is that I'm in the next batch in the queue . . . I thought I was scheduled before, and I guess I am really scheduled now . . .
I got my email yesterday and I think few others in this thread have as well.

I really don’t know what to think but I am hopeful that I will get my car in 2021.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
Hopefully I get that email soon. I only got an email from my dealer saying schedule to built 10/11. Then of course that got moved to 10/18 and then I got IP banned lol

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Been checking the Ford Site regularly. Been scheduled for production on 10/18 for over a month.
Yesterday I get this helpful email from Ford...not.

No modules loaded, no shipping info on the tracker sites.
Looks like I am going to canx and reorder a 2022.
Why get a 2021 delivered in 2022 (And I put it in the garage for 4 months anyway).

Ford Mustang Mach-E 10/18 Build Week Gang 1635597378938

williswong

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E Red
Country flag
10/11 guy here. From my experience of you guys are getting the emails, then everything will be updating for you guys soon. I went from production, to built, to shipped in a span of 3 days. Hang tight!
Sponsored