Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So there you have it. If my car is actually built on its date of 9/5, it will be just 3 weeks out before the 2022 orders are put in place.

tino2know

First Name
Tino Rexach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Director at University
Country flag
So there you have it. If my car is actually built on its date of 9/5, it will be just 3 weeks out before the 2022 orders are put in place.
Ordered mine a month ago...... looks like October 2021 :(

MachMachWhoThere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Iconic Silver
Country flag
So if you’ve ordered online already (and it’s accepted)…does that mean it will be 2021 for sure? And thus likely to be produced before Nov 29? Want to double check my interpretation before getting too excited that maybe I’ll see my June 26th order this year lol.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Do the order guides typically come out before the order banks open or are those generally on the same day? I'm not really expecting there to be any changes, but curious to see what might change.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I'm trying to decide if I should cancel and order after the cutoff for a 2022 or just keep the 2021 which will be here around Christmas. I don't know of any groundbreaking enhancements such as solid state batteries which would be worth waiting for. There could be a price increase or decrease depending on how Ford wants to play it. We don't need the car right away so waiting is no big deal. Is anyone going to cancel and order a 2022 instead? If so, why?

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
I'm trying to decide if I should cancel and order after the cutoff for a 2022 or just keep the 2021 which will be here around Christmas. I don't know of any groundbreaking enhancements such as solid state batteries which would be worth waiting for. There could be a price increase or decrease depending on how Ford wants to play it. We don't need the car right away so waiting is no big deal. Is anyone going to cancel and order a 2022 instead? If so, why?
Depending on when my order gets put in production I may. I ordered my GT july 9th. So due to the timeline everyone else gets i assume ill be waiting until October until mine even starts production. So ill get my car in December when the whole year has already passed? So if thats the case I think i will just reorder to get the 2022 as i already have a car to use in the meantime.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
2022 order book opens in September.
2022 production starts in November.

I call BS. If they can get a 2022 car into production in 2 months, why are we waiting 3 or 4?

If that's accurate, I'll cancel my 5/3 order and place an order on 9/27 and get a 2022 model built in November instead of waiting til September for a 2021.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Why would you order on 9/3/21, instead of waiting 3-1/2 weeks for a 2022 without a discount?

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
Will there even be any differences between the 2022 MachE and the 2021?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Depending on when my order gets put in production I may. I ordered my GT july 9th. So due to the timeline everyone else gets i assume ill be waiting until October until mine even starts production. So ill get my car in December when the whole year has already passed? So if thats the case I think i will just reorder to get the 2022 as i already have a car to use in the meantime.
I'm betting these timelines aren't going to apply to the GT.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I'm going to visit my dealership tomorrow and see if they have any updates. They told me it is okay to cancel if necessary and will refund the deposit.

Ex 2011GTCS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm betting these timelines aren't going to apply to the GT.
I was thinking the same thing. The GT was 6 months or so later than the Mach E so maybe the GT will not be able to be ordered until next spring. They should call the 2021 GT a first Edition as well.
I'm not waiting any longer than I have to.

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
Forgive the newbie question but... Does this imply that maybe the current wait will not be 24+ weeks? Or will people who are ordering right now get their '21 models in early 2022, at the same time people who order in Sept/Oct will receive their '22 editions? Or is there another reading to these dates?
Sponsored